Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cvlee12

To wallpaper or not to wallpaper

5 months ago

Remodeling bathroom and it was suggested we do an accent wall on the slant and short outer shower wall next to toilet. Thoughts?

Comments (17)

• 5 months ago

What a pretty bathroom! I think if you choose to use wallpaper you need to do the entire area around the tub too. If you don’t it will make the space look cut up and busy. Also, if you end the paper at the edge of the slanted wall, over time the edge will pull away and it will need to be redone. Of the papers you have, I think the flying Crane (?) would look best, as it’s light and not too fussy.

• 5 months ago

Beautiful doggie! No for the darkest ones.

• 5 months ago

Dog: Is this coming out of my treat budget?

• 5 months ago

Yes, designer’s name is Ozzie and he is very critical of my choices…picture of shower and mirror for context

• 5 months ago

If I were to wallpaper this room I’d either a) wallpaper the whole room or b) wallpaper the sink wall going all the way to the window. I’d definitely not highlight the two walls you mentioned. The mirror seems a bit skimpy in height.

• 5 months ago

Chispa that’s hilarious 😂

• 5 months ago

I’d do the sink wall and around the window, stopping at the slant (or incl side of slant wall)…then I’d do a different mirror (no design on frame), possibly golden/bronzy frame

• 5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

I love a good wallpaper but with the angled walls I am wondering if it would chop up the room? I agree not to do the angled walls as an accent -

If it were me, I would probably skip it and let the angles recede with the consistent color - but if you wanted to test it, make a bunch of color copies of you favorite and play around with it - pretty bath!

• 5 months ago

I like it as is. Perhaps concentrate on a nice roman shade for window?

• 5 months ago

The mirror could definitely be a bit wider and a lot taller.

• 5 months ago

I would fire a designer that made me feel yucky in the slightest bit. Or at least sic the dog on ‘em.🙂

• 5 months ago

Thinkdesignlive said what I was thinking😀

• 5 months ago

Shadywillowfarm the dog is the designer😂

• 5 months ago

I think your bathroom is very pretty. I would reconsider the mirror, as has been suggested. Something with the same gold tone as the sconces - and yes, larger.

If you’re thinking you might enjoy some fun wallpaper, then it should be on every wall.

Here are some mirrors that might work better.

• 5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

I feel like your floor has a lot of movement already and agree to maybe concentrate on a nice roman shade and an updated mirror. Maybe add a nice basket or pyramid of rolled towels in the navy on the shower inset under the window.

• 5 months ago

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Appreciate the advice on the mirror. We had a mirror that took up most of the wall and I think I shot too far in the other direction. RedRyder thanks for the beautiful options. Eld6161, great idea for the Roman shade. I have bottom shutters that still need to go in but love the idea of the fabric on top. Previous version attached

• 5 months ago

Ozzie: Stop while you are ahead. I can't take much more of this.

Yes, either stop now. Or wallpaper the entire room. Won't look good only on accent walls. Love your half shutters. Love what you were going for with the black and white trim mirror. Hope you can find a larger one that has some of that fun look going on. Really nice renovation.