Shop Products
charlene_elder21

Ant ideas for the steps

I just had brick placed on the side of the steps, limestone for top of bricks is on the way….any ideas on covering the steps. These are pictures before and after the brick…..the last pic is the inspo pic of how the brick will be like when finished with the limestone edge

"Ant ideas" ???? What does that mean?

• last month

It’s an obvious typo Diana! The T & Y are next to each other on key board. Poster is asking for ”any” ideas. 😊

• last month

Commercial stair tread covers of rubber or fibreglass with an abrasive finish to prevent slippage.

Our indoor two-storey steel staircase is open with only the treads and risers covered in wood.

Haha, that didn't occur to me. I just read it quickly.

Anyway, don't you proofread what you write before hitting "submit"? Especially in the title?

• last month

Diana, proofread? Well - where’s the fun in that? And anyway, sometimes when we proofread our own writing, all we see is what we meant to say. Also, we all know that autocorrect is absolutely the worst for helping us say what we meant to write! Having said all that, I would hope poster would edit their post to correct it once they became aware of the misuse.

• last month

Oh Paul - you are so funny! 😆

• last month

Charlene, great inspo pic & the difference in your before / after pics is really nice. It would be helpful to see the house the steps are attached to in order to offer any suggestions for covering the tops of the steps. Looks like the balcony has nice iron railings. The steps seem like they’re pretty safe as far as no slip risk. What climate do you live in? That might make a difference in choices of what to cover the steps with.

• last month

What's wrong with the actual steps? They look sturdy and non-slippery, whether rain or snow. And you can't see them bc of the beautiful brickwork you had done. I'd use the $$ on more landscaping instead.

I would like to see the steps in relation to the house and why 2 different stones at all . I really have no idea what you are doing.

• last month

Are you wanting to keep the railing? For the stairs, you could add wood or stone toppers. I don't know the logistics on that (how to secure them to the current stairs/non-slip, etc.), but that would change the look.

• last month

That's some nice looking iron work, I'd paint it and enjoy it

• last month

Ok didn’t know I was getting graded on grammar here lol. The brick matches the house…it’s a bit dirty because it’s work in progress….i don’t “need” to cover the steps, however I live in Michigan and the exposed steps AND the area where I added the brick would wear and rust- looked horrible. It constantly needed sanding and painting. I love the rails - just wondering if anyone had “ANY” I ideas for the steps

Stone toppers is where I was headed but limestone is so pricy right now that I wanted to see if anyone had ANY other suggestions -thank you

• last month

This pic is from 2015 when the steps were first added. We don’t have grass under the steps

• last month

Charlene, the limestone topper looks really nice & the entire set up - added brick on sides, topper & black railings looks great. You live in snow country so a question comes to mind. Would adding a top to the steps make them much more slippery & risky to navigate when covered with snow & ice? Even though the exposed metal steps require some maintenance to keep them rust free & nice looking, is that need every few years or so? Isn’t it safer & easier to have snow fall through the steps & less surface on steps themselves to freeze up? My vote would be to leave as is, especially since what you’ve just done has improved the look so much & they look great.