KitchenTransitional Kitchen, Baltimore
Photography by Jennifer Hughes
- Love this kitchen, would you mind telling me what material the countertops/backsplash is?
- I love the rich deep gold tone of the hardware and lighting with the cabinet finishes. Elegant.
Cabinets - love!
- Love, love the flat panels paired with the shaker cabinets. Are these custom? If not, can you provide the brand name. Understated elegance at its best!
I love that the range seems to be elevated.
- Is it on a base or legs? What brand is it? Would love to shop for one for my up-coming kitchen remodel. Thank you.
Gold hardware and stainless
- This kitchen is beautiful. We are thinking of a similar combination and was worried about mixing gold hardware with stainless appliances. Do you feel that it blends together? I wasn't sure if we should stick with silver hardware. Also, are the base cabinets navy or black?
- Could you please provide the color of the darker cabinets. It appears darker than the Downpipe used in the island. Thank you
Custom Cabinets Are Gorgeous
- From the photos the cabinets appear to be painted, is that correct? Would you be so kind as to share the paint (or stain) color?
Is the finish/sheen on the cabinets satin? Or maybe eggshell?
- Beautiful work! Thank you so much for sharing.
- Hello! I haven't been able to find a hot/cold filtered system like this that matches the regular dunk faucet. What is the brand? Is this the champagne finish?
- I love the cabinet hardware, would you mind sharing the brand? Absolutely beautiful room!
Kitchen faucets hardware and appliances
- Hi, absolutely love the look of this kitchen.
I wanted to ask a question regarding design.
I see in this picture - gold faucets and hardware which personally I feel look amazing, the style of this kitchen you've made is just lovely. I also notice it with stainless steel appliances.
I'm thinking to do the same, but on a general basis...does that go well? Gold faucets and hardware with stainless steel appliances? Or to balance the look am I supposed to keep anything else in mind?
Cabinet paint color
- Can you tell me which paint color you used for the upper and lower cabinets? The kitchen looks fantastic!
Devil is in the details; what finish is the strainer?
- I've written it before, but have to comment how I lust for this kitchen! I was just pricing the Rohl fireclay apron sink and one of the options is to select a finish for the strainer. basket. What finish did you use? Thank you for all of the answers to the Houzzers questions!
- HI, Can you please tell me the color you used on the walls? I have a similar kitchen and debating between Chantilly lace and Decorator's White. What color did you use?
- Hello!! What a gorgeous kitchen! Would you be willing to share the finish of the hardware and faucet? I saw the brands in your other threads here.
Paint Finish Question
- Do you know the finishes for both the Decorator's White and Down Pipe? Is the marble polished or honed? So lovely! Thank you!
- I tried to post this before, but it hasn't shown up. What is the dark paint color on the lower cabinets? Who makes the hardware? This is a beautiful space!
Wall paint color?
- I looked through all the questions and answers and hope I didn't miss it, but I was wondering the wall color? Is it decorators white as well as the cabinets or is it a different color entirely? Such a beautiful kitchen!
- Can you please tell me where you got the brushed brass hardware? I've found some at various places online but can't decide which ones go order.
Disposal or sink strainer color
- Need to know if a matching colored strainer / disposal flange was installed or if decorator/ pro did the standard stainless steel finish. Please let me know. I'm OCD about if things need to match.
- I see behind the cabinets you have marble to the ceiling, i am curios what the walls are painted else where? It is a total white? Are there photos of other rooms of this house on here?
The sink base cabinets can't be Down Pipe. Any ideas?
- Maybe there's an island that's Down Pipe. After looking on Farrow and Balls website Down Pipe is a medium to medium dark color.
What type of doorknob finish did you do in the room and throughout the
- What type of doorknob finish did you do in the room and throughout the house? I'm talking about interior doors not the cabinet knobs. I'm doing the Lews pulls like this in my kitchen, stainless appliances, and some brass plumbing finishes and some black plumbing finishes in the bathrooms, and I'm wondering what finish to do with the doorknobs for bedrooms, laundry room, really throughout the house? I'm leaning towards a dark oil rubbed bronze but wondering if they need to be brass.
Beautiful lower cabinets paired with wood floor!
- The cabinets are gorgeous- are they stained? If so, can you please tell me the stain color? Would you mind sharing the floor material and stain color?
- Backsplash is so beautiful - how did you handle code requirements for outlets? We are in similar situation and wishing didn't need them...
- is this stainless or chrome?considered undercabinet or not and where can I find it to purchase?
- Hi! Can you please share where he beautiful rug is from? It makes the kitchen so warm. Thanks.
I want to learn the colour of the cabinet at the bottom
- Hi from istanbul;
We're making new kitchen and i loved this kitchen very much.but to catch the same colour of the bottom cabinet how can i show it to the burnisher?he wants to see the colour but not from the telephone.
He told me to show him the colour maybe from different objects,
Could you please help me about this problem?
Beautiful countertops and backsplash
- Hi there, do you mind sharing what type of countertop and backsplash is in this beautiful kitchen? Thank you!
Do you have more pictures of this kitchen? I would love to see how it
- I will end up with a long kitchen as well (a portion of which is not visible like yours) and would love to see what you did with your extended space
- I'm having a hard time picking a whitish wall color. I love love love this kitchen. Can you tell me the color of the walls? Thx!
what colour paint is the cabinetry
- Hi. This kitchen is magnificent! What colour paint is the darker cabinetry? It looks like a charcoal navy colour... A name would be greatly appreciated!
Small narrow island with seating on each end. Is that even acceptable
- Butcher block top, storage underneath & mobile
Small open shelving at wall end of penninsula
- Is there a chance you could post another photo or two that shows the small open shelving at the wall end of the penninsula? We are undertaking a kitchen reno and will be including a peninsula from a wall that has a "box" covering plumbing pipes. We were thinking of including book shelving to help visually smooth out that box and I would appreciate seeing how you included shelving in what looks to be a similar situation.
Wood floors added to home that has some existing wood floors
- We have a house with wood floors in the living area only. Kitchen, dining room, bedrooms, & baths all have tile. I want to put wood/laminate floors in dining room & kitchen & entrance. I know I can't match, so not sure how to combine different floors to look good
What Houzz contributors are saying:
Paint, not replace: For us, it made sense to paint, and not completely replace, the rest of our cabinets. It was much cheaper than all-new cabinets and took less time.Total cost: $125. Replacing the cabinets would’ve cost at least $5,000.
This photo was one of the most popular kitchen photos of 2016, based on how many Houzz users saved it to their ideabooks, and kicked off our prediction that the look would be showing up again and again. Your turn: What do you think of satin brass paired with dark cabinets amid a palette of white and gray? More28 Design Ideas Coming to Homes Near You in 2017The 15 Most Popular Kitchen Storage Ideas on HouzzMore Houzz ResourcesFind a kitchen designerShop satin brass hardware