Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs), Baseboard Installation, Basement Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Concrete Construction, Crown Molding Installation, Custom Home, Custom Home Bars, Deck Building, Earthquake Retrofitting, Foundation Construction, Garage Building, General Contracting, Green Building, Guesthouse Design & Construction, Home Additions, Home Extensions, Home Remodeling, Home Restoration, House Framing, Kitchen Remodeling, Masonry, Modular Home Additions, Multigenerational Homes, New Home Construction, Outdoor Kitchen Construction, Pool House Design & Construction, Project Management, Siding Installation, Site Preparation, Skylight Installation, Sliding Door Installation, Soffit Installation, Subfloor Installation, Tile Installation, Trim Work, Wainscoting, Window Installation, Window Replacement, Wine Cellar Installation, Custom Homes
Belvedere Tiburon, San Francisco, Hillsborough
20 Reviews for Leonardo Construction
It's unfortunate that you are making these false claims. Here instead are the correct facts:
1) As with all my projects I typically manage from demo to finish, inclusive of all the subcontractors, labor, fixtures and materials. I am responsible and liable for everything that transpires in the project, and it is my utmost desire to make every phase go smoothly for my client's sake. Without consulting me on sizes, quantities, fit or application, you initiated ordering most of the finishes. As much as it is out of sequence for me, I tried to manage the logistics accordingly.
2) Most of the items that you ordered were incorrect in size, fit and application: Doors too small or too large for existing openings, custom tile splashes just short of intended spaces, incorrect light fixtures and transformers, incorrect layout of design, fixtures and finishes not to code. The list goes on. At every phase I advised you and helped to find solutions. You were not concerned with code, but just to rush the process as quickly as possible.
3) I managed and supervised every phase of the construction, under my contract. I personally performed your tile and carpentry installations. You simultaneously hired random subcontractors to work on other various phases outside my scope of work. I tried to coordinate all the work flow.
4) The construction on your project lasted 4 months, including holidays, HOA set backs and delays of corrected finishes. It did not last a year.
5) There are 500+ e-mails and txts communicating to and from, the updates and details of your project. You were well informed of every aspect, change order, status and updates.
6) The project flowed, and you seemed pleased until you needed to make the final payment. All your issues started arising, and you chose very specific unprofessional words to express yourself. I elected to hear you out, extended myself and resources, above and beyond, to accommodate every issue. You apologized on several occasions. I thought we amicably resolved all issues.
7) The total construction cost went from $55K to $75K (not over $100K) . Despite more costly upgrades to allowed finishes, your ongoing changes to the scope, and unforeseen upgrades to meet code; all of which you approved, you expected the final cost remain unchanged. You have done 11 projects on your own, you should be well versed in Scope Creep. If you choose a higher ticket item, the price will go up.
8) I was introduced to you because I have the “capacity to deal with challenges”. What I wasn't aware of is that you litigated and terminated every other contractor before me and during this project. In hindsight I would've kindly declined as I am aware of the proper fit in the client/contractor relationship.
What I'm quickly learning in life is that happiness is a choice and we are not responsible of that of others. I feel that all the work that we performed, was of the highest level. if you feel there are issues still unresolved, please communicate them to me professionally.