Your shopping cart is empty.
Find the right pro for your project

High Country Roses order

greybird
June 11, 2011

I just rec'd my order and as usual, the roses are very full and vibrant with good health. Bigger than many 2-gallons I have gotten from other vendors. Wonderful to do business with.

Had to share, hope this photo thing works...

Comments (6)

• fogrose

i have always received terrific healthy LARGE plants from high country roses and am a repeat customer every year. i'm sick of the tiny spindly plants i've received from some other companies that never grew.

also received a beautiful band of auguste gervais from vintage gardens that was large and healthy.

fogrose

• harborrose_pnw

umm, did you say there were pix, Greybird? what did you order from them? How about you, fogrose?

I'm a High Country fan also. My first order brought big, lovely plants this spring.

I'll tell:

Alba semi plena
    Ghislaine de Feligonde
    Rosa xanthina
    Reine des violettes
    Darlow's Enigma
    Stanwell Perpetual

• greybird

Here goes again with the pic:
    {{gwi:274068}}

I ordered :

Persian Yellow
    Rosa Spinossissima
    Rosa Spinossisma Altaica
    Suzanne (spinossissima)
    Father Hugo
    Alba Suaveolens
    I'm on a species/spino track.

Harborrose, I have Stanwell, RdV, Alba S-P, all great stuff.

• harborrose_pnw

Alba s-p came with blooms - heavenly fragrance... I've been looking at Suzanne and Altaica - I'd love to know how they develop for you.

• erasmus_gw

I received my first order from them this spring and was very impressed with the size and health of the plants. They're doing well. Nice to do business with!

• greybird

Harborrose, I will keep you updated on the progression of Suzanne and Altaica. If you like Alba s-p, you might want to look at getting Alba Maxima, I have them planted side by side and I can hardly tell where one ends and the other begins. Love that blue-grey-green foliage.

Persian Yellow's fragrance was strong when I first opened the box---said to be an unpleasant smell, but I like it, reminds me of the scent of eglantines.

I look foward to doing more business with HCR. Try them, you will like them!

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).