0
hijole

Propagating Dudleya Hassei:

hijole

I have a small patch of dudleya hassei and I want to propagate it so that I can multiply what I do have and make a trail along a path but inorder to do this I need to propagate what I do have already, Does anyone know any tips on doing this, soil, watering, & best time?

Thank you,
Greg

• hijole

Ok, So I went ahead and just cut & planted some of the "Dudleya Hassei"
    Otra a very attrative low growing plant and I thought it would make a nice border for a pathway leading up to the front yard, I agradded a little peat moss, cactus mix & Top soil. Ive read that this plant can grow on hilly slopes in graining soil & can thrive on abuse so lets see ;)

I'll send follow up pictures @ August or November since I believe it's a winter grower.

Greg

• hijole

Ok, so I just enjoy posting pictures of my newest creations or potted plants, it has a little dudleya hassei and kiwi aeonium but Im not sure what the tall one is, does anyone know the name?

Greg

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5

Don't know the name, Greg, but I meant to mention you'll not want to water those Duds in the summer (you likely know this but in case you don't). Perhaps the slightest sprinkle would likely be OK monthly, but generally they'll want it dry. However, you still have about another month to nurse them before they're taking the summer off.

I wish these were grown more widely in California (where many species are from). I think they extend into Oregon, I know many species are from Mexico), and there's even one (maybe 2?) from, of all places, Arizona.