zuponcic

New Verona range

vedazu

I begin by saying that I have a Lacanche in my main home in NJ. I have now a second house in MN that I am remodeling a bit--especially the kitchen. I love enameled stoves, but my budget for this renovation is limited--I'm lucky to have found a good carpenter who has turned my old, simple birch cabinets into something quite pretty. So, having said that, I looked a long time at the options available to me at the price point I could afford: 2K would have been nice, but I could stretch it to 3K. I ordered the Verona in bisque from AJ Madison and two poor guys delivered it in 30 below zero weather last week. It was hooked up two days ago and I took it for a big test drive, roasting, baking and using the cooktop. It doesn't have the physical weight of the Lacanche, which is a bit of a tank, but it is a good solid, well made and beautiful --slightly contemporary--range. The burners are all responsive, the middle one comes with a wok ring, there is plenty of power and I think you can cook up quite a storm on this stove. I know there will be a learning curve because like all gas ovens, the temperatures are a bit vague. Each burner has its own ignition, unlike the Lacanche, where you have to hold down a button while turning the knob to ignite. There is a fan in the oven, lovely stainless top, and I have to admit that the oven racks are only a million percent better than the Lacanche. But we knew that. The grates are not as heavy as Lacanche , but very substantial and although they aren't advertised as continuous grates, they really are, exactly as the Lacanche.
Not quite sure why this well priced, pretty range hasn't taken off. We'll see how it holds up when I get a longer time to work with it, but so far, I'm very happy. By the way, the bisque color is quite ivory, and in the daylight looks pale yellow. Very pretty color but not completely neutral--you should see it before you choose paint colors.

• peachmarie

haha, I'm reading all this because I'm interested in possibly a Verona, and I'm so happy there is a great thread about it! I'm also looking at the Berta and the GE Monogram (and now maybe the Electrolux Icon). But the thing I'm smiling about is that I'm assuming you are all so much younger than I am!! My old Magic Chef is just like all the other ovens I grew up with. And the good news is that you don't need any readouts or gadgets (other than a thermometer if you REALLY are insecure about the oven not reaching the right temp or the oven is new and you are still trying to see how accurate it is). You just preheat it for 10 or 15 min. That's it. That's what they've been doing since ovens were invented, I think. :) It's not really rocket science, so don't stress yourself over it!! I'm a big baker (and if I might say so, a really good one at that) and I've never had trouble. Yes, I know my current oven runs a little hot, so I tweak it about 15-25 degrees when baking, and I usually check it about 5 min prior to the stated cook time, but other than that, all is always good. In fact, the idea that I read so many reviews in which people comment on this "lack" of a feature worries me. Does this mean that newer ovens are really unreliable? Has something changed over the years? Because baking something (unless it's a soufflé or a Baked Alaska or something) isn't going to change a ton if the temp is off a little bit. Just a cute piece of trivia to show how spoiled we've all become by modern technology -- in my grandmother's day, her oven had three temps - "slow", "medium", and "hot". she knew it was the temp she needed based on how long she could tolerate the heat when she stuck her arm in the oven. My advice is don't fret over the little stuff when there's already so many things to consider when purchasing an oven. Wishing everyone well and lots of luck in your decisions! :)

EuroChef USA

@Wrangler Tag feel free to call the Verona tech line at 631.254.3434 and they can assist you to properly make any adjustments you feel needed.

Help! gas range - 36" Verona or NXR??

I did! We purchased the nxr via costco and I absolutely love it! Great quality looks beautiful and have had no problems with it. It is a bit difficult to clean in between the burners but I'm so pleased with this purchase! I can send u pics tomorrow!

Appliance Selection for New Kitchen : Range vs. Range Top

I have a 6 burner gas Bertazzoni range with gas convection oven and a full sized Kitchenaid convection electric wall ovens I use all of them at different times and sometimes all at the same time I would always go with this combo , had it in my last house too but with a 4 burner range this is much better.We never let our guests do clean up either.

Verona 36" Dual Fuel

We have a 36" Verona with the double ovens. My husband--the cook of the family--loves it. The dual fuel with convection feature cooks so even. As the one who primarily benefits from his cooking I can tell how great the ovens are in comparison from the electric range we previously had. The middle burner is the most powerful one. It would be nice if it was placed on one of the outer corners. Otherwise, it really is a great range. We had the oven handles replaced with high end ones and it looks even better.

Is Giallo Verona Granite out of style in 2018?

Yes Quartz is hot and very popular- however, the granite you selected, although popular awhile back, does look great with cream cabinets which is why it was so popular. As someone who designs kitchen all of the time, I can assure you that no matter what you selected it would not be trending in a few years anyway. In my opinion almost all natural stones are beautiful - just enjoy it for its beauty.
  • Wrangler Tag

Does anyone know how to remove the knobs on these Verona ranges? I want to adjust the flame but can't seem to get the knob off!

• spopar
    last year

Thank you all. Could someone explain how you “dial in” the oven?

• vedazu
    last year

Eurochef: I went to the website to order a simmer plate and it doesn't present a link to purchase....just a picture of it. Where can this be purchased?

• vedazu
    last year

ubachris.....what doe this mean: dial in the oven?

• uabchris
    last year

Oliver, i have a dual fuel and no issues with the oven, but share the same with the burners...ttthey are all too powerful. My service tech showed me a way to "dial in" the oven - up or down...i wonder if e same can be done with the cook top?

• vedazu
    last year

I started this topic many moons ago, and now, after having spent a few weeks across the holidays in the house in which the Verona resides, I experienced exactly the same problem that Oliver describes. After scorching tray after tray of cookies, and pound cakes that were black on the bottom and almost raw at the top, I went out and bought a new oven thermometer. At #3, the temperature was 300 degrees...a little low. at #3 and a half, it jumps up to 375. Could it be the fact that the oven is very large? I don't have that problem with my Lacanche gas oven. Maybe, to heat that large space the gas has to be "on" more. I don't know. Is there an equivalent of a simmer plate to lay on the bottom rack that could help?

• lostinohio67
    last year

I have the dual fuel and no problems with the ovens. I bake all my own bread, as well as desserts, so it sees heavy use. The biggest problem I've had with the ovens is burning myself, since they are smallish and the racks don't slide all that well. I've caught my knuckles a few times on the other rack or the sides.

Definitely agree that a simmer plate or two is a must have. With the simmer plate and heavy pans, simmering is pretty reliable on the back burners, still too hot in front unless you turn the knobs in the incorrect direction. If you turn from high towards off rather than low, the flame will get smaller. I was cooking on a 1960's coil top stove with an oven that could be regulated only by piling cookie sheets between the cooking item and the element, so the Verona has been heaven, and it fit in the odd space I had.

EuroChef USA
    last year

@OliverBoudreaux thank you for sharing your experience with your Verona range.

In regards to the burner power - we do offer a simmer plate that can be used on any of the burners and will assist in obtaining a lower power under your pot or pan. You can source the plate here.

It is possible your regulator was not adjusted properly to your gas flow at install - you can call our service department to discuss the high heat matter you are experiencing in your oven cavity. This may also assist in lowering the power on your cooktop. Feel free to call EuroChef USA service at 631.254.3434 during standard business hours EST. Our service and sales team are happy to assist with any other questions you may have about your Verona range.

• Oliver Boudreaux
    last year

Gas. Natural gas to be specific. Maybe the regulator was cranked up to 11 at the factory?

• R. Boquist
    last year
    @OliverBoudreaux, thank you for sharing! Is your Verona all gas or dual fual?
  • Oliver Boudreaux
    last year

We've owned the 36" single for about 22 months and if I knew then what I know now I would have gone with a different brand. I keep the burner rings mostly clean with a scouring pad, some BKF and a lot more elbow grease than is reasonable. It probably takes 45 minutes to do a thorough cleaning of the cooktop.

The burner power is incredible. Quick sears and boiling several gallons are no problem with the large burners. Unfortunately, it really lacks capacity for low power cooking. The center burner is the only one that can be turned low enough to simmer. I have to use a diffuser on one of the "small" burners set on low to cook things like bacon evenly without scorching.

Moving down to the oven, the racks have this strange wire lip that seems almost like an afterthought to pass a safety certification. You have to reach over them to pull pans out and they don't seem to serve any real purpose than to burn knuckles. The only possible reason I could see for this feature is to prevent pans from sliding off of the rack if this range were installed on a ship or in a bounce house. Seeing as my house is quite stationary, these wire racks will have a date with my angle grinder soon.

My biggest pet peeve of this item has to be the oven scorching everything that isn't a braise. The oven floor is very thin and is the only thing between the bottom of your cookware and the burner. Using a calibrated thermometer, I cook baked goods a full 50 degrees (F) lower than I have with previous ovens and the bottoms are still overdone while the tops are barely browned, even at the top shelf. I think perhaps a slab of steel to cover most of the oven floor would solve this issue. It seems crazy that I would need a metal fabricator to make my over function as intended but here we are!

EuroChef USA
    last year

@Shannon - I am not sure if you have been communicating with EuroChef USA directly on this matter or who is advising you to troubleshoot, but please make sure you call the EuroChef USA service department at 631.254.3434 to schedule an in-warranty service appointment.

• Shannon
    last year
    We just installed the Verona single oven gas range in stainless. It’s a beautiful appliance! We are having an issue right out of the box. All of the cooktop igniters click when the range is plugged in and don’t stop clicking. The burners will light but then igniters don’t stop making the clicking noise. It’s only the cooktop not the oven. We were told to test the outlet and did - It’s reading normal. We were also told to look at the control box to make sure wires are hooked up properly. Those all appear to be in order as well. Caps are in correct position as are the knobs. Anyone else run into this problem?
  • uabchris
    last year

Hi Deb, check out the full review here, with pics. There are also pics of the pans in the ovens.

https://myoldhousefix.com/kitchen-resources/

• deb
    last year

uabchris - I believe you mention that the Nordic Ware half sheet pan fits in the larger oven? This has been a HUGE deciding factor for me, as I bake with it often. Can you confirm that it does indeed fit in the larger oven? Thanks!

• R. Boquist
    last year
    Thanks, @nilda!
    Would you mind estimating for me the time it takes for each oven to get to, say, 350 degrees?
    And do you feel the oven temperatures are accurate?
    EuroChef USA
    last year

@Nilda we are glad you love your Verona range! There may be an adjustment that you can make to get the flames on your burners a bit lower. Please call the service department at 631.254.3434 to inquire. Verona also offer simmer plates that can assist with lowering the temperature on the cooking surface that can be sold as an aftermarket accessory: http://veronaappliances.com/verona-accessories 

Happy Cooking!

• Nilda
    last year
    2 months with our Verona and loving it. Having 2 ovens is great, especially the little one for quick preheat and cooking. Burner flames are much stronger than any of our previous stoves so I've burnt things, but love the gas power. So far, so good. Plus, it's gorgeous!
  • R. Boquist
    last year

@Nilda let us know how you like using your Verona! ;)

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    last year

Bellissima!! ^^^^^

• Nilda
    last year
    Finally in! I'm in love!
  • uabchris

@D Witts - Yes the warranty pass-thru is super important when buying from any seller, especially from Amazon. To ensure my info was correct from what is posted on the Amazon Verona listing, I followed up with the Amazon seller (Execuitve Appliance) to ensure they are an authorized Verona dealer, and they are. So, good news!

• uabchris

Hi everyone, Chris here again from My Old House"Fix". I just updated the the Verona comprehensive review over on our Farmhouse Kitchen Remodel Resource page - Verona info, Verona capacity - ovens, cooktop, baking sheet sizes, AND some greatly needed cleaning hacks - YES, for the dreaded, dirty

aluminum cooktop "burner caps", cast iron grates, and more. I was "following" for resolution on the burner cap cleaning issue last month, and decided to come up with a remedy in the meantime. These dirty burner caps were driving me n u t s, lol :) Pop over and check out the simple fix to clean these things!!! Cheers

• Nilda
    FYI: For our purchase (made in February) goedeckers.com had the best price for the black double oven with no tax and free shipping.
  • D Witts

Before buying from an Amazon merchant, I suggest people check that they are an authorized retailer for Verona. If they are not this may void the warranty. I think this is standard practice for many appliance manufacturers so maybe the case for this.

I do see that you say that uabchris says the Amazon protection plan applies but wouldn't that only kick in after the manufacturer's warranty has run its course? But perhaps I'm wrong on this as uabchris clearly seems to have the inside track on all things house :)

• uabchris

We talk about cleaning over on the FB discussion too... (kitchen remodel blog pinned at the top)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/myoldhousefix/

More and more companies are doing away with the self cleaning because it gets soo hot, its literally cooking the internal electronics and creating fire hazards. My old Frigidaire smelled like an electrical fire when cleaning.

• uabchris

Lisa Spyker. I agree with Lisa W. Pin all the points about cleaning and space. We were able to do away with our toaster oven, and for hearing all the small stuff, the small oven is priceless. Additionally, I can keep 3-4 side dishes warm in the small oven while a turkey, etc is cooking in the large oven. Do you have anything larger than a 25 lb turkey to cook? I have some interior photos oven on the GB page I referenced above, that may also help. It shows the inside, with trays, and all the addition al dimensional info is on the link to the kitchen resource page...jope All this helps and if you have anymore questions dont hesitate to ask.

• uabchris

@ Lisa Spyker, we just finished up a healthy discussion over on the MOHF Facebook group. I pinned it to to top of the page if you'd like to check it out.

• Lisa Whelan

I'm so happy with my 36" Verona. The extra space on top is worth it. My only regret is not getting the double oven, as I was worried about having enough space in the larger oven, which I think now was unfounded. I hate heating up the big single oven for one small thing. I have no issues with cleaning it manually. It cleans up pretty easily and it's much better than having to wait hours for a self cleaning oven to heat and stink up the house.

• Lisa Spyker

I am so afraid to switch up to a 36". I don't want to lose oven space. I love the look of the split ovens on the 36" Verona. Also, why are none of these self -cleaning? I know that sounds lazy, but really, I wonder why? I hate cleaning an oven. I have to decide by Monday on this and I just don't know what to do. I've read so many reviews that I am totally confused right now!!! I do cook alot. I'm just wondering if the 6" more space for the burners is worth it? Has anyone just bought a 36" cooktop and thenput a 30" stove under neath? Or does that look weird?

• uabchris

I noticed that Amazon has this stove listed for $4600, FREE shipping, and NO TAX in many states!!! You can also get an additional 4-5 year AMAZON extended protection plan in addition to the 2 yr parts/labor Verona warranty... here is the LINK my Verona friends: https://amzn.to/2Heqw7e

• spopar
    I had looked at the Verona griddle, but decided against it for all the reasons stated including price. I purchased a 20-25$ griddle off amazon and use it on the left two rings. Absolutely perfect! I am very happy with how it is working for us!
    EuroChef USA

@T we like to recommend 'Barry's Restore It All' brand - they have a Collar Rescue Kit that should work: https://www.barrysrestoreitall.com/product-page/collar-rescue-kit.

Should it not work you can certainly purchase replacements. Just call the EuroChef parts department at 631.254.3434 and they can assist you - please be sure to have your model # and serial # handy.

In order to prevent this from happening - we suggest the rings be wiped clean and dry with a smooth cloth and non-abrasive cleaner that is safe for an aluminum surface. This will prevent grease, residue, splatter, etc. from being cooked on during the next use.

We appreciate all of the feedback on everyone's Verona ranges - keep it all coming!

• Lisa Whelan

I find that making a paste of baking soda and water is the best cleaner. I use it in the oven, on the oven window and on the top to clean the burner rings.

• uabchris

before photo!!!

• uabchris

Same here...following!!!

• T

So we love our Verona range and use it a ton. The ring on the bottom of the burner has become dirty from use. What do you use to clean the ring on the burner? Soap and water does not really work. We don't want to use anything thats going to damage the finish. Attached is a picture. Thanks in advance for your help.

• uabchris

Due to the oven sizes you will probably need new baking sheets - see the sizing info info at the link below. I dont think store links are allowed to post here, but My Old House Fix has the links on where to get them as well. Good luck!

• uabchris

Yep 25lb and a 10lb...heres a link to the review over at My Old House Fix. There is a photo with turkeys as well.

• Lisa Spyker

Can you fit a 25 pound turkey in the large side of the Verona 36" double oven?

• uabchris

See more of this Farmhouse Kitchen Remodel here:

myoldhousefix.com/2018/04/09/farmhouse-kitchen-remodel-step-2-planning/

• Nilda
    We received our 36" black Verona double oven last week - it is beautiful to look at. It's got attitude and class.
    It's waiting for installation. I will post pics once the kitchen renovation is done.
  • uabchris

Thanks! I was a LOT of work!

• vedazu

uabchris: beautiful kitchen! Love it!

• uabchris

• uabchris

Love the stove!

Don't waste your money on the SS griddle, though. The center burner is simply not long enough to heat the entire surface - it would need to be elongated instead of round. The result is a huge piece that only has a usable cooking surface in the middle that either gets too hot on low (dual burner), or too cool on simmer (single burner). The simmer plate does help a bit on the center getting soo hot, if you use LOW.

Also the side cutouts (handles) are so low to the cooking surgace, that after a half pack of bacon, the grease is bubbling out the holes and drips all over the stove top...what a mess!!!

Again, I love the stove, though!

See my earlier photo above and you will understand...

• Patricia Green

I am very pleased with my verona i had an issue with my door and was sent new hinges practically overnight!