Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Tuesday's terrific temptations

7 years ago

We're have a couple of nice cool days before going into the typical mid-90s that I detest. So today I'm trying to groom the backyard gardens that are being overtaken by weeds and Bermuda grass. I'm starting to see multiple flowers on daylilies now, and that is such a blessing.

Aztec Headdress made a pretty clump this morning.

Kaleidoscopic Intrigue had two nice blooms. This one of the gardens that is overflowing with wild violets and other weeds. I did get part of it cleared out before noon.

Sweeten Creek

The Ultimate Sacrifice in the shade

and The Ultimate Sacrifice in the sun

Empire of Desire

Violet Tranquility

Bella Sera

Spacecoast Francis Busby

Seedling Sun Bear X Julie Newmar had 8 or 9 blooms today. Here are four of them.

Debra

Comments (13)

• 7 years ago

I like the white midribs in your seedling; gives it a festive look and matches the darting throat. Ultimate Sacrifice seems to open wonderfully for you. Were these taken with a different camera, as the colors seem super saturated?

• 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Mantis - Thanks for the comment about the seedling. The Ultimate Sacrifice has opened well of every flower. I'm using the same camera. I think the colors are looking very saturated as the result of the good rain from the weekend. The color on SC Francis Busby is the darkest I've ever seen it in three years.

Debra

• 7 years ago

Very nice Debra!

• 7 years ago

My Sweeten Creek started opening blooms today. The color so far is a more saturated yellow then last year. It's 91 and humid out, so will see how colorfast it remains at the end of the day. I like Empire of Desire too. The low bud count is not to my liking but the color is good. A nice seedling also........Maryl

• 7 years ago

Love that clump shot. Neat twins of Kaleidoscopic Intrique. Lots of color on the others and that seedling looks good to me

• 7 years ago

Maryl - The color on my Sweeten Creek seems darker, but it's cooler now than when it bloomed last summer.

Debra

• 7 years ago

Aztec Headdress making a really pretty clump today. very pretty one.Kaleidoscopic Intrigue is sure a pretty one, so different .Ultimate Sacrifice is a beauty, too.Love that seedling, too, really pretty'.

• 7 years ago

Wow, another perfect set of pics. I like them all but your seedling is really impressive. I'm still weeding beds but the rain shut me down today and cool temps for tomorrow with predictions only into the upper 50's which we haven't seen that low for weeks here.

• 7 years ago

Beautiful group of blooms. Your seedling looks great, really nice colors. I also like The Ultimate Sacrifice.

Lori

• 7 years ago

Beautiful group, Debra. of course I love Ultimate Sacrifice, but Kaleidoscope Intrigue is beautiful and I do really like your seedling.

kay

• 7 years ago

Beautiful,all of them..

Kathi

• 7 years ago

I must have missed this thread yesterday, another great group of daylilies. Love Kaleidoscopic Intrique, such an interesting pattern. I am liking Ultimate Sacrifice more every time I see it, & Spacecoast Francis Busby is very nice too. I must be going through another red with edge phase. Last time I was in a red phase though, it was for a darker red.

• 7 years ago

Nancy - I've been going through a red with edge phase for three years. I also seem to be in an orange with edge phase. LOL

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Debra