Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anita_bhat

Curry Leaf Plant in the San Francisco Bay area?

6 years ago

Does anyone have suckers from curry leaf plant to spare in the San Francisco Bay area?

Comments (23)

• 6 years ago

If you cant get one..I know in summer Regans nursery has sold them in Fremont/Newark. $40 for bushy 3' trees. You can always call when weather turns warm for good in May.

anita_bhat thanked stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area
  • 6 years ago

A friend in Atherton has a big plant that produces viable seeds. I know she has seedlings right now, because I just saw them yesterday. I gave her a link to this post. I think she's still on Gardenweb.

• 6 years ago

I've also seen good size plants for sale at an Indian grocery called Namaste Plaza in Belmont, but that was a couple years ago. I don't know if they have them regularly.

• 6 years ago

I've seen some the size of small tree's in Fremont in yards. Attractive,weepy look with fern like foliage.

• 6 years ago

I am looking for one either. Prefer not to shell big bucks. Any ideas?

• 6 years ago

Again,Regans in Fremont had them 2 years ago..for $40 and big full bushy 4' plants. You will never get a better deal then that.

Ask if they have any or if you could order one.

You could also ask HD..they seem to try more now for special orders.

• 6 years ago

Mark4321_gw, can you please check with your Atherton friend if I can get a few viable fresh seeds for Curry plant? I am in Menlo Park and go pick them up whenever she has it. Curry leaf seeds needs to be planted as soon as they are plucked... else their germination rate is very poor. I have called majority of the Indian grocery stores and nurseries in the area, and couldn’t locate a plant for sale :(. Thanks

• 6 years ago

I'll mention it to her; I don't know what time of the year her plant produces seeds, or whether it is seasonal. I also checked at the supermarket on Ralston in Belmont where I had previously seen plants--nothing.

• 6 years ago

Thanks mark4321_gw. Yes, I did call Namaste Plaza and Regan nurseries, and they both said that this year they have hardly seen any for sale. I had a plant that didn’t survive the winter last year. Hope your friend can help me. Thanks!

• 6 years ago

Leena, my friend just let me know you are looking for curry plant .Currently I have some seedlings available , let me know .

• 6 years ago

green thumb , I Currently I have some seedlings available , let me know .

• 6 years ago

Leena, talencat is my friend in Atherton. You should check now with her about seedlings. I imagine she might have seeds in the future, but I'm sure it makes sense to ask now. talencat, I think you need to fix your zone, since Atherton must be 9b. It might confuse people.

• 6 years ago

@talencat, I just private messaged you with my phone number. Hope to hear back from you :)

• 6 years ago

Thanks @Mark4321_gw for the introduction. @talencat, I have messaged you with my contact information. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again guys!

• 6 years ago

I'm interested as well.. @talencat
    let me know how I can reach out to you

• 6 years ago

Hi Sue , I still have a couple seedlings ìf you interested , email me for detail

• 5 years ago

I saw these for sale today at Golden Nursery in San Mateo, CA. $50. Pot size was maybe ~3 gallons? I'm not sure.

• 5 years ago

I was back at Golden Nursery today. In addition to the ones above in #5 pots (which I think are 3.6 gallons, but commonly called "5 gallon"), they had quite a few in a smaller size, I believe quart size. They were $20.

The wholesaler is indicated to be Suncrest, so I imagine it's possible to special order this from any nursery that carries Suncrest plants. So in principle they should be available at a range of nurseries in California.

https://www.suncrestnurseries.com/retailsources.php

• 5 years ago

Hi all, I thought I would try this post because we may all like the same types of aromatics used for cooking. There there is another plant called pandanus used in cooking for flavoring. I’ve had a very hard t finding this plant for sale in the Bay Area. Does anyone have one or know where to get one?

Thanks for any help.

• 5 years ago

EBAY. Where I got mine and its done ok over the last two winters. Slow grower here,protect from frosts and too wet in winter.

• 3 years ago

I'm still around. If nothing else Regans tends to get them in by June or so. Fremont has a large Indian population and I don't see why they wouldn't sell them along with the usual subtropical fruit trees in 2021.

• 3 years ago