Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tsbanks

Mohawk Revwood Plus feedback

5 years ago

Anyone install or able to give me feedback on Mohawk Reveood Plus? I'm considering installing 1500 sq ft in my entire downstairs. I'm torn between it and Coretec. I like a thicker flooring versus the thinner LVP I keep seeing. I need waterproof as we have a pool and small children running in and out. The Mohawk floor is beautiful and you do have to install a backerrod fill and silicone to make it waterproof. We currently have 8mm laminate that is not waterproof. Thank you

Comments (254)

• last year
    last modified: last year

@D C thank you for the tip! I will inquire about this with my local store I have been speaking with. Regarding installation, I, too have found that my local stores do not follow the stated installation process detailed by Mohawk. One store I spoke with said they don't do the foam backer rod and silicone but that their installation is still compliant with Mohawk's warranty. I don't see how this could be and I don't understand why installers are not wanting to follow Mohawk's installation process. More research to be done here!

Also, thank you for sharing the pics of your floor. It looks fabulous!!! Nicely done and really changes the space!

• last year

Regarding installers not following Mohawk's instructions: I specifically chose an installer because they routinely follow Mohawk's instructions. The others I considered agreed to do it because I asked but they definitely weren't eager. It takes them longer and y want to cut corners. I'd avoid installers who say it would be covered by warranty if they don't follow Mohawk's instructions - it won't be.

• last year

We put in Revwood Select Sand Dune in November 2022 and I couldn’t be happier with it. I would have loved the newer premier like but the Sand Dune was by far my favorite color way.

Also, I was not a fan of the stair nose piece that gets added on. So we opted to pay for real white oak stair treads and I’m sooo glad we did. It looks amazing and matches the floors so we’ll.
    See pictures

• last year

More Revwood Sand Dune

• last year

More REVWOOD SELECT SAND DUNE

• last year

Let me be clear the stair treads we did in the picture is real white oak wood to match the revwood select sand dune.

• last year

I loved how your floor looks! It looks super natural and your real wood stair tread was a perfect compliment. I wasn't happy learning I would have to use a stair nose when I thought they were producing stair treads now, but only a few of the Revwood flooring has stair treads. However, when they installed the stair nose it wasn't too bad. It wasn't super obvious, and since I have darker flooring its actually been helpful in discerning each step. Did you install the flooring yourselves?

• last year

theunfinishedhome sometimes I wonder if this is a trick to make us have to buy more flooring if something goes wrong. I spoke to the local Mohawk rep again and he seemed to assure me that I won't have problem with the flooring even if its not installed with the caulking and/or foam backing rod. If I was anyone about to do the flooring, try to convince them to do the perimeter caulking before they put down the baseboards if they aren't going to do the foam backer rod however the foam backer rod is there to help the floor breathe due to the silicone caulking used.

• last year

Here’s the Coconut Oak flooring under natural light (versus the warm artificial lighting I’ve posted pictures of before). In natural lighting it truly does take on its name… it shows more of a cocoa hue

• last year

Stairs… with nose

• last year

In regards to the way the flooring is installed..... we've had our floors for over 2 years now. (If you look back on this thread I posted pics). I too noticed my installer was not going according to the manufactures instructions. I requested a guarrantee from the installer and received a letter from Mohawk stating the warranty would still stand per the way the installer was putting them in.

I will say after 2 years with rough use from kids and dogs my floors are standing up pretty well. Only a two spots with a nick in the floors from direct hits to the joint area from a screwdriver or who knows what else lol. I will say over time there are spots throughout the house that are a little noisy with pops or screeching noise. I am not sure if this would be caused by not being installed per their instructions but there isn't any guarantee for noise in the warranty. I can't remember what underlayment was put in. I was told a high end one but if you are gonna install I would highly recommend getting the best underlayment to prevent noisy walking. Its the only thing I don't like about the floors so far and its seems to be in the high traffic areas.

• last year

I have areas where there are pops but I think its probably coming from your subflooring. I had replaced some of my subflooring... I thought the installer was going to replace all of the hallway, but he only replaced a portion of the hallway subfloor. The area he replaced has no noise, but the area he didn't replace has a lot of popping, coming from probably where the flooring meets the baseboards.... but also from the subflooring as well (I recognize the pops from the subflooring from when I had carpet). I really recommend that if you have subfloor issues (ie nails instead of screws and the nails are coming out, or if wet or warped areas) do whatever you need to do to make the subflooring perfect. I also have a slight incline and I thought he was going to apply compound to the subfloor to even it out, but he didn't and I was super surprised the revwood was able to lay across the incline especially the area where it transitions from incline to a flat surface. I'm still working on removing the dust from all the cutting off the floors (I find them on the microfiber mop head. I really do hope this flooring lasts way into 10+ years.

I'm curious... how much extra flooring did anyone happen to order?

• last year

@brendak2000 do you happen to have pictures of your floor you could share? We are looking at using that exact color Revwood. Thanks!

• last year
    last modified: last year

We just ordered Revwood in cottonwood oak. It was so hard to decide and I am grateful for all of the comments in this thread. We'll see what it looks like when it's installed next month.

• last year

We just bought Revwood Calvary for our whole house. I’m so excited to get started! I have a question on which way to lay the boards. Here is a picture of our entry with my back to the front door. The kitchen/dining area you can sorta see in the photo continues into a living room. It seems to me to make sense to lay it long way down the entry. However, for the upstairs it seems to make sense to go the other direction. Does that matter aesthetically?

Also, what underlay do you all recommend?

• last year

My new Mohawk vwood is being installed this week. They're ripping out the old crappy floor as we speak. I wasn't 100% sure which way to go either but I elected to go across versus straight in if that makes sense. Primarily because my stairs are in the front and I didn't want the stairs to go one direction and the floor to go another. If I didn't have a staircase to contend with I might have gone a different direction.

• last year

@Theresa Maher - what underlay are you using?

• last year

@Theresa Maher I hope your installation went well. Please share with us how it went and show pictures if you are able. Thank you so much!

• last year

@kacie worth I was told by my installer is to lay the planks in the direction light goes through your home is ideal. At first I cared a bunch, but on the day of install I was so tired from moving things I could care less which direction he laid it. He actually laid it opposite to what he told me was ideal. I never asked him why he chose the direction he did, maybe he realized hallways and some entry points would be better served that way so it can lay down better?

Here’s my 2 cents. The areas of the flooring that I appreciated the most are the areas where they took advantage of the full length of the planks… smaller cuts of the planks look too repetitive for me and make it look like cheaper planks. So go in a direction where you’re not forced to make a ton of smaller cuts with your planks.

For the stairwell I have 3 landings. He actually used different directions on the landing and I thought it was super attractive there with the smaller cuts. The steps are in different direction from the main top floor and it doesn’t bother me (I’m a person that notices small details and will get bothered).

If you lay them diagonally keep in mind you will need more flooring. So it’s gonna be more costly and that consideration should have been made at the time you bought the flooring so you know you will have enough at time of install.

For a fresh looking install, just buy new baseboards or if you can preserve the ones you have make sure you repaint them. Baseboards make all the difference in the world. A competitor company said they will always install something like a 4” baseboard with this flooring because they found the more substantial the baseboard height it really helps make the flooring pop. Since I wasn’t doing my whole house and just the stairs and upstairs I chose to match my preexisting baseboard which I think was 3” or 2.5”. I used the same paint color as the existing baseboard color but a fresh coat of paint on the new ones made the floor looked fresh- so I think I got lucky even on the standard builder grade inexpensive baseboards I have in my home.

Good luck and would love to see pictures!

• last year

I actually don't know what the underlay is because we had it professionally installed. I probably should have paid attention to that but we are absolutely thrilled with the floor. It's just gorgeous and despite my large dogs running all over the place on it pounding up and down the stairs It's looking like it's going to hold up well. I will say we're not entirely thrilled with the stairs. And this may be an install issue but they cut the step back several inches in order to install and it's a little hard to get used to. Also it makes a little bit of noise and again it might be with the install and I'm going to have the guy come back out to talk to him about it. It looks fantastic it's just we didn't know the step was going to be that much smaller.

• 10 months ago

Has anyone used RevWood Casita Court - the 8MM? I’m going with Nimbus Oak but worried it will look cheap given the 8mm thickness. Will post photos once complete but if anyone has any reference it’d be great to see

• 9 months ago

I also fell in love with an 8mm from the Plus line, Toasted Timber Oak. Ugh. Why did they make 8mm??

• 9 months ago

I'm looking for real life pictures of the Toasted Timber Oak - does anyone have any of that color??

• 9 months ago

@forgetfulfish I haven’t seen any but you should check out Pergo Elements Ultra Transom Artifact Brown if you like the toasted timber! It’s a similar color and same specs as Revwood Premier plus an attached 2mm pad.

• 8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

Does anyone have real life pictures of sunbleached oak from Briarfield series?

• 8 months ago

Catherine Dyson, are you still happy with the Mohawk Calvary oak? Love how the color appears in your house but in my house the sample board has quite a honey yellow color to it?

• 8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

We installed revwood plus sand dune

and love it.

• 8 months ago

Hi Stephanie! Yes, we love it! It read a little too green to me at first, and it’s actually more gray than too warm. We have a lot of natural light, all the walls are SW Alabaster so a creamy warm white and I think it goes well together! I think they could have matched our quarter rounds better, honestly I wanted them painted the same as the baseboards but scheduling wasn’t allowing so I’ll eventually paint them white too. Haha

• 8 months ago

It looks a lot warmer in some of these pics than it is installed!

• 8 months ago

Catherine Dyson, thank you for replying back to me. :) In some of your pictures it almost looks more like trinket oak?! Except in your third picture i can tell it’s Calvary oak. All the floors seem to appear to look different in pictures than in person i think which is another reason I’m struggling to pick one out. I’ll love a flooring color in a picture but not as much in person. 😩Picking out flooring has literally been so hard for me!! Lighting makes it such a challenge…I’ll think I have it narrowed to two or three that i love during the daytime, then as the sun goes down or when it’s dark out I’ll no longer love a particular color. Right now I’m debating between Revwood Calvary oak (which my eye constantly seems to be drawn to but I sometimes see green in it too) and two vinyl floors (one is a SPC and one is a WPC core) this is so tough. I love all your pictures of Calvary oak and all my trim for sure will be alabaster, not sure on painting the walls the same color though?! Also I’m a little nervous about laminate with it not being as waterproof as vinyl? Did you struggle to decide between laminate and vinyl?

• 8 months ago

Hey!! You’re so welcome, I had so much trouble making decisions too and I found Houzz and peoples responses SO helpful so I am happy to help if I can! Yes, we did alabaster on everything, trim, walls, and ceilings and i love it, but so does everyone else. Haha we have 8ft ceilings in our bedrooms/baths so I wanted to give the feel of as much height as I could and that’s been wonderful. And everything feels cozy. The tone definitely changes throughout the day as the light changes but overall it’s warm and inviting but still clean. I actually found a Houzz person who had painted her kitchen walls and cabinets and trim all alabaster and I loved the pics so we went for it. (Cabinets aren’t alabaster though) We chose the Cavalry Oak because it had enough variation with the grain showing to please my husband (he wanted to go darker) and the wide, long planks were the prettiest. It’s a little more gray in general than overly warm, but everyone who comes over says they love it and so do we. It doesn’t show dirt (boy, two dogs, we live on a farm 🤪) They claim it’s waterproof and we haven’t had a problem yet, it’s in our entire house including the bathrooms and it’s been a year and everything still looks great. (Even in the splashy kids bath. Haha)

• 8 months ago

Hello. :) I’m so glad you are loving it and that it’s holding up well in your house. I wasn’t sure if I’d like the color when i first looked at a sample board but then I went to a flooring store and got to see it in a big section on their floor and it quickly changed my mind. :) We live in the country too, my husband is a cattle rancher, and we have two boys, and a dog so I need durable, scratch resistant floors that don’t show all the dirt they often bring in. (I need to make a more strict rule or taking shoes off at the door 😉)

We had our kitchen redone this summer and used to have the honey golden oak stained cabinets from the 90’s and we ended up having them stained a very dark brown (almost looks black….which is darker than what I originally planned on but i do like how it all turned out, and the island is painted a dark green so I want the flooring I pick out to compliment the tones in the kitchen as well as look good throughout the rest of the house, so that’s made it a bit more challenging picking out flooring too. I attached a picture of our kitchen so you can see what I’m referring to. :) Thanks for all your help and sharing your thoughts on this flooring.

• 8 months ago

Our cabinets are dark but I think since this picture was taken at night it makes them look black but they aren’t quite that dark in person, especially during the daytime.

• 8 months ago

Oh, awesome!! I love that! So pretty and spacious! I can tell the cabinets are a deep espresso type situation! I love the green island. I’m no professional but i think the Cavalry would pair beautifully with the green and still have enough of that darker grain in the wood pattern to pull nicely with the darker cabinets too. If you go too warm it might make the cabinets even colder/darker? Were you able to bring some samples home and look at them in the various light changes/next to the cabinets and island? I wish they made 5ftx5ft samples to bring home instead of a board and a half. Haha

• 7 months ago

@Stephanie Potts, I totally agree with you and am struggling to make a decision too on which color to choose. Right now I am partial to Tilled Oak, Revwood Plus but can't find any real life pics of it...and I am very worried about the plastic/hollow sound when walking on laminate. Hoping to make a decision soon. Appreciate everyone's comments!

• 7 months ago

Does anyone have Sandbank Oak installed and willing to share pictures?

• 7 months ago

@Catherine Dyson how do you like the finish of your Calvary Oak? How easy is it to keep clean? I am wanting a more glossy look but not high shine and not a lot of texture. I have several samples currently. Such a hard decision

• 7 months ago

@Ashley Littlejohn we love it! It’s not too shiny, it’s definitely more matte which I like. We have a lot of natural light and sunshine and if it was more reflective I think it would be blinding, haha. It’s SO easy, I mean beyond the volume of dirt and mess and dog hair I have, it just takes a swiffer dry sweep and occasionally a Bona mopping. And when I say occasional I mean I think I’ve mopped three times in a year, don’t judge me. It just never looks visibly dirty.

• 7 months ago

I was torn between Tilled Oak and Bungalow Oak - both Revwood Plus. Here are pics that I took to help me decide but sharing in case it helps someone else:

Tilled Oak.

• 7 months ago

Here is Bungalow Oak

I am replacing ceramic tile in the kitchen that has been there since the early 90's...

• 6 months ago

Stephanie, Did you decide on a floor yet? I am in the same boat as you... Was leaning towards COREtec LVP, but am intrigued by the RevWood. I'm getting confused what will last the longest - LVP with WPC or SPC, or a laminate like RevWood. Too many choices! We plan to stay in our house forever and have pets. So we want something that will last decades, and will be installed throughout our whole house (except bathrooms). Looking to spend around $6 sq ft. Only requirement is that it is a floating floor (dont want to glue or nail down). This process is waaay more overwhelming that I ever thought it could be.

• 6 months ago
    last modified: 6 months ago

I took months to decide on the color. I wanted long planks. We have been so happy with Calvary Oak Revwood Plus.

• 6 months ago

TJL0406, YES! Ha, it just took me a little over two years to make a decision. There are so many options! We decided on the RevWood Plus Tilled Oak. Install begins on Monday, January 22! I am so excited about it and just hope I made the right decision.

• 5 months ago

We have now had to have our Mohawk Revwood plus- Castlebriar Sandpearl Oak- removed twice due to chipping at the edges. mohawk is doing another full replacement for us but I am so nervous about picking another product from the plus line. All of my issues are occuring with the ”genuedge” bevel.

• 5 months ago

We have sand pearl oak by Revwood Plus since May of 2023 We really love the look and feel we had no problem with the bevel chipping. Easy to clean and relatively scratch and water resistant/proof. so sorry to hear that you’ve had problems but glad they will replace it!

• 5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

Maybe yours came from a different batch. we had ours originally installed in november 2021. We moved in in March 2022 and found multple chips. The manufacturer said there were clearly defects so they replaced it in March 2023- we noticed the box of material was dated May 2022– it has the same issue so now we are having our entire floor replaced again. I love the look of the floor but ours has been horrible to clean due to the chips in the edges. Hopefully it is just an isolated case due to poor quality on a specific time of production.

• 5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

So we've had the Revwood Plus Cottonwood Oak for close to a year now. I can't say enough good things about it. We have two large dogs whose nails are always a little too long my bad, and there isn't a scratch a dent a mar anywhere on the floor. It's super easy to clean, literally just a little bit of water if there's dirt but that's it. I'm so so happy we chose this. I've been close some pictures, pardon my messy house.

• 5 months ago

How is everyone cleaning your revwood floors? I use swiffer but it takes so many of them. I would like to find a vacuum that doesnt have a beater bar and is safe for this floor. Thanks for your advice.

• 5 months ago

We use a dry swiffer mop (really easy for dirt and dust). Then for more indepth cleaning less freqently, we use the wet swiffer to take out any kitchen stains from cooking. We also dont walk with shoes in our house, which helps keep stains to a minimum

• 5 months ago

We vacuum with our canister vacuum that has a hard floor attachment (no beater bar) but if you can turn the beater bar off, that's probably fine. Damp mop with a microfiber mop and Bona spray or vinegar/water mix.