Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michie22

How to decorate front porch

3 months ago

Hi everyone,
Summer is approaching and I'd like to have a plan for how to decorate my front porch. Should I do planters? I do like the look of ferns. Any ideas on how to spruce up this entry with greenery is welcome!

Comments (15)

• 3 months ago

Due to the narrow entry area, I don't think there is room for plants. They'd be in the way. How about three nice pots of plants at the base of the garage columns?

• 3 months ago

Good idea, though I think two planters would be plenty, one flanking each side. Thanks!

• PRO
    3 months ago

I would go with plants on a side

• PRO
  • 3 months ago

Celery, love the rendering with the plants. Would it be overkill to do the planters in addition?

• 3 months ago

Celery, love the rendering with the plants. Would it be overkill to do the planters in addition?

• 3 months ago

On walkway to entryway where it’s wider on the right I would put a large round colored pot and fill with impatiens and creeping jenny

• 3 months ago

^Was thinking the same as jackowskib.

Just wondering…the black garage doors pull the focus for me. Would you ever consider a color that blends more the brick?

Very nice from Celery!

• 3 months ago

Chloe bud, our garage doors used to be beige and blend in. Then we changed our front door to a contemporary black and have plans for black windows.

• 3 months ago

• 3 months ago

Got it…black windows could help with ”balance.”

• 3 months ago

Glad you approve :)

• 3 months ago

Most important is YOU approve.👍🏻

• 3 months ago

To your questions specifically about the porch, I'd add one slender urn situated in front of the far left glass panel with a fern, or other shade loving plant in it. Nothing too big as you don't want to reduce the porch area. But, just this little touch of green on the porch will help connect it visually to the grassy and planted area on the right.

• 3 months ago

Chloebud, thank you for that. You are absolutely right. However, it's always nice to get a little validation :)