Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Project Linus #16 complete

2 months ago

This one was made with a slight variation on double crochet which leads to a "herringbone" stitch. Edging was done in a crab stitch.

Comments (28)

• 2 months ago

Nicely done! Very pretty. I was recently at a meeting where an audience member was crocheting a scarf and it occurred to me that this craft is so much more portable and easier to do on the spur of the moment than knitting.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Stacey_mb
  • 2 months ago

I love it.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Yayagal
  • 2 months ago

I have been crocheting, knitting and needlepoint since high school, You do beautiful work Annie! Unless you have specific information, I might consider choosing more traditional colors and simpler design. In my experience, people who receive donated items want them to look like what everyone else has.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked kitschykitch
  • 2 months ago

❤️

Annie Deighnaugh thanked eld6161
  • 2 months ago

That is really beautiful. I love the colors.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked jsk
  • 2 months ago

Very pretty. Job well done.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Fun2BHere
  • 2 months ago

You have such an eye for color coordinating! It's beautiful.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Feathers11
  • 2 months ago

Beautiful! Love the colors that you chose.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked jill302
  • 2 months ago

That is so lovely and made even more lovely by the generous feelings that went into its creation.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked faftris
  • 2 months ago

Wowser! Well...it's to MY taste. It would be lovely in any setting...especially MY home...no...not wishing I needed "comfort" just loving your new creation! So well done!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked nicole___
  • 2 months ago

It’s beautiful, and I think the colors and pattern are very appropriate especially for an older child/teen.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked bpath
  • 2 months ago

I would be beyond thrilled to receive that blanket. As a child it would be my forever blankie.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked dedtired
  • 2 months ago

Fabulous!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked ilikefriday
  • 2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

I love that you make blankets for all age children, and they are mostly not the typical pink and blue.

DD2 is a domestic violence counselor who counsels adults and also those living in shelters. Some with children. I am going to send her a link to Project Linus since there is a local chapter. She hasn't mentioned, but maybe they are already linked to them.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Allison0704
  • 2 months ago

Well now I love the blanket even more that I know the story. I didn't know what Project Linus was. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for doing such good.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked jsk
  • 2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Thank you Allison and bpath, I often think of that...that they probably get quite a few for little ones, but not so many for tweens and teens.

• 2 months ago

Your work is always beautiful and this is going to be a real comfort to someone.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Patriciae
  • 2 months ago

superb!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked bragu_DSM 5
  • 2 months ago

That is beautiful Annie….love the color combo! Older kids/teens (male or female) would love that slightly boho look. Great job!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked tuesday_2008
  • 2 months ago

Love the design and colors.. it has a nautical vibe, and it goes without saying that the handwork is superb!

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Kswl
  • 2 months ago

Lovely as usual. The colors and stitches are beautiful.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked blubird
  • 2 months ago

Just lovely, Annie.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked petalique
  • 2 months ago

I really like that, Annie.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked texanjana
  • 2 months ago

Kindness and compassion in every stitch.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked rosaprimula UK (Cambridge) Z8/9
  • 2 months ago

That blanket is absolutely perfect! Both the stitch and the colors. It looks like it was made to order for a boy in his early teens. Some young man, somewhere. is going to really cherish it!

Rusty

Annie Deighnaugh thanked Rusty
  • 2 months ago

Beautiful, Annie.

Annie Deighnaugh thanked cindy-6b/7a VA
  • 2 months ago

It's a treat when one of your knit or crochet projects appears here Annie. So beautiful. What a talent you have! : )

Annie Deighnaugh thanked SEA SEA