Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_90249483

Exterior siding ideas

2 months ago

Hi everyone,
I hope this message finds you well. As we move forward with our current project, I’m looking for your valuable input on designing the exterior siding in a cost-effective manner. Given our budget constraints, it's essential to balance quality, durability, and aesthetics without overspending.
Most of the neighborhood features vinyl siding, which gives the area a cohesive look. We have two main options to consider for our project:
1. **All New Siding**: Replacing the current siding entirely with new vinyl siding, which will match the neighborhood aesthetic and offer a fresh, uniform look.
2. **Repair and Paint**: Keeping the existing wood siding, doing some necessary repairs, and giving it a fresh coat of paint. This option might be more cost-effective but requires careful consideration of the long-term maintenance and durability.
I will be removing the current front porch deck. I've also included a photo of a property that was sold around the corner from my property.
If you have any suggestions or experiences with budget-friendly exterior siding options, I’d love to hear them. Specifically, I’m interested in:
- Affordable siding materials that still provide a great look and durability.
- Any tips on installation methods that might help save costs.
- Recommendations for suppliers or brands known for good quality at lower prices.
- Creative ideas for mixing different types of siding to create an appealing exterior.
Your feedback and ideas will be incredibly helpful in ensuring we make the best choices for the project. Please feel free to share any thoughts or suggestions by [insert deadline if applicable].
Thank you in advance for your time and input!
Best regards

Comments (4)