Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bryce_smith80

Gas range/stove in corner - design Help!

2 months ago

The range in this house I bought is awkwardly located in the corner of the kitchen, with nothing behind it - creating this void. I'm terrible with design ideas and need help figuring out how to fill the space and possibly have some shelves or something for spices/cooking supplies. I'm trying to address this without spending a ton of $ on squaring out the wall or anything else major renovation wise. Anyone dealt with this before or have ideas?

Comments (15)

• PRO
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

You need a hood so start there and for sure the void behind needs to be closed This would not be a good idea at all so plan on moving that soon. Post a pic of the whole kitchen please post here in a comment DO NOT start another post

• PRO
    2 months ago

Rip that ish apart and fix that dangerous and dysfunctional mess.

• 2 months ago

Full kitchen shot. Don't mind the clutter.

• PRO
    2 months ago

Complete hot mess. Range should be where the open shelves are, and with a small island running parallel to the sink and range.

• 2 months ago

WOW

Beautiful space but I would be a little afraid to use that range. Does it feel like it is going to tip over? Was there a cabinet above it that was removed? Is that a dual fuel? I see an electric cord plugged into the wall.

I think you may need to spend money to fix this.. Maybe move the entire sink over to the peninsula and then put the range flush against the wall to the right of the window. Buy inexpensive formica counters from a big box store.

Bryce Smith thanked Boxerpal
  • PRO
    2 months ago

Agree with Hallett. And a hood in that corner could be a great visual focal point for the whole room.

Bryce Smith thanked RappArchitecture
  • 2 months ago

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and advice. Going to get some quotes on the diagonal wall with hood solution.

• 2 months ago

Start over with a better design. That is one terrible remuddle.

• 2 months ago

Can you easily lift a hot pan out of that oven? I think having to reach over the open door or approach it from a wedge of space at the side is a safety concern.

• 2 months ago

How about moving the range under the window and extending the two rows of cabinets -- which look handmade -- into the corner where the range is now?

• 2 months ago

Search "corner oven" in the Houzz search field. There are a surprising number of discussions and many include photos. Maybe you'll see something there that will help you figure out a solution.

• PRO
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Here are three kitchens that have the range placed in the corner, but the wall behind it was built out on the diagonal.

• 2 months ago

Great examples @BeverlyFLD...

The ones you show have even more room on either side of the oven door.

• 2 months ago

Hands down, diagonal wall and hood is the best suggestion.