93 Stunning Sofascapes
Plop down and enjoy a showcase of 93 stylish sofa vignettes, then show us your own personalized seating area
Every sofa invites its owner to create a very personal space with an accent table, lighting, a rug, wall color and art. What’s your idea of the perfect sofascape, and how would you use it? Flip through these 93 examples, then show us your own sofacentric backdrop for reading, lounging or entertaining.
3. Accents symmetrical in both pattern and color enhance the clean, crisp look of this leather sofa in Little Rock, Arkansas.
7. Throw pillows accentuate the curves and add comfort to this meandering built-in sofa in Saudi Arabia.
8. Going for kid-friendly in San Francisco, the owner of this sofa reupholstered it in navy blue velvet to hide spills.
9. The shape of this couch complements the contours of the rug, lamp and table for curve appeal all around.
10. Pastel blues and cream tones make this Charleston, South Carolina, living room coastal-cottage cool.
11. The L-shaped sectional surrounding the natural wood coffee table creates a welcoming family crash pad.
12. This raspberry sofa makes a bold statement in this black-and-white living room in London.
13. A custom royal blue velvet sectional grounds this light and airy New York City seating area.
14. All who sit on this comfy sectional can warm their feet by the fire. A mirror above multiplies the room’s natural light.
15. A classic 1950s Valentine sofa gives this room a dose of Hollywood glam.
17. A cool gray Togo sofa keeps things calm in front of a backdrop of books organized by color.
18. Deep gray and rusty orange shades pair well to create a stylish lounge in Portland, Oregon.
19. A long wool sofa atop a flokati rug creates a welcoming mood in San Francisco’s Noe Valley neighborhood.
20. This midnight blue sofa in an all-white room creates a study in contrast in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village neighborhood.
21. Pops of pink on the window treatment trim complement the Pindler Winston sofa featured in this Philadelphia penthouse.
22. This built-in sofa speaks to ’60s chic with moss-green cushions and paisley pillows.
23. A cozy couch for two is all this homeowner needs in her 330-square-foot apartment.
24. A white slipcover is the canvas for an artful mix of cushions that can be changed with the mood or season.
25. Homeowner and designer Melissa Benham inherited and redesigned this couch. “I reupholstered it, gave it a nailhead trim and ebonized legs,” she says. “But the classic lines are still visible.”
26. The curves of this sofa and pouf complement the angles in this stylish Toronto home.
27. A chaise with backs for two creates an intimate setting that doesn’t block the view.
28. With its deep seat and plush upholstery, this custom piece anchors a room of sophisticated neutrals.
30. This sofa’s classic shape and fabric help keep things simple and inviting in a room of warm neutrals.
31. A custom wall-to-wall sofa and ottomans enhance the subtle sophistication of this San Francisco sitting room.
32. A cozy gray sectional offers a setting for multiple styles of lounging for one to three; pets optional.
33. This homeowner gave her midcentury sofa a modern twist with DIY accent pillows.
34. Surrounded by natural wood accents, this sofa’s orange fabric adds a burst of color and softness to a hard-edged space.
35. This white sofa brings curve appeal and glam to this beachfront Miami home.
37. This sunny sectional keeps things bright in this light-filled loft in Virginia.
38. This flamboyantly pink sofa is the perfect backdrop for the eclectic mix of bohemian-chic pillows.
40. Bold stripes bring new life to a reupholstered antique sofa in this Los Angeles living room.
41. The classic rolled-arm sofa in white complements this open, bright great room in Toronto.
42. This velvet tufted chesterfield sofa adds additional texture and some much-needed softness to this brick-walled living room.
43. Shades of purple and taupe play with the sunlight in this elegant garden room.
44. The blue and white patterned pillows give this neutral custom-made sofa a jolt of personality.
45. This electric blue sofa with white piping brings a bit of retro cool to this modern family game room.
46. A sage-green sofa, slate-gray accents and an abundance of plant life give this family room an outdoorsy atmosphere.
48. In a mostly solid-colored room, the pattern on the pillows adds a nice pop of contrast and subtly picks up the complementary pattern of the rug.
49. With a chaise sectional and an Eames easy chair, this Dallas living room was designed for lounging.
50. Late nights in the home office just got cozier with this custom lilac sofa bed.
Click the Next Page button below to see more
Click the Next Page button below to see more
51. The dusty brown of this sectional pulls together the African-safari theme of this homeowner’s decor.
52. The natural-fiber rug and baskets, along with the wooden stools, give these caramel-colored sofas a luxurious look.
53. Although a tufted chesterfield sofa may seem like old-fashioned furniture, the heather-gray upholstery and funky throw pillows give this piece a modern twist.
54. This soft, muted green-blue works well in this nature-inspired living room.
55. This neutral linen upholstery is a blank canvas, perfectly suited for any design style.
56. The mellow yellow of this sofa’s upholstery embraces the laid-back atmosphere of this San Francisco home library.
57. This traditional sofa brings in a feeling of calm luxury with its cream color and velvet texture.
58. This basic black chesterfield is a solid centerpiece for this room’s eclectic, modern decor.
59. The moody blue sectional keeps things calm in this artistic arrangement of furniture and decor.
62. The placement of this tufted sofa below family photos keeps things cozy and familiar.
63. A moss-green modern sofa balances the abstract art on the wall in this Washington, D.C., living room.
64. The natural tone and soft sheen of this leather chesterfield add a subtle elegance to this modern living room.
65. The white muslin slipcover keeps things simple in this cozy cottage-style California home.
66. This totally tufted design adds a jolt of personality to this Saratoga, California, sitting room.
67. Covered in a navy wide-wale corduroy and accented with tiger-print pillows, this sofa is a bold statement in an otherwise neutral room.
68. The neutral gray sectional adds calming comfort to this old-fashioned, industrial space in Salt Lake City.
69. This sleek white armless sofa adds a sense of spaciousness to this small room’s design.
70. This room brings the outdoors in with the natural timber table, tumbleweed mirror frame and tweed-like sofa.
71. This industrial urban loft sticks to the basics with its monochromatic color scheme.
74. The natural tones and timeless curves of this room add a touch of Tuscany to this Texas home.
75. The solid, bright colors of the sofa and ottoman-table parallel the pop art in this Mad Men-inspired home.
76. The lightweight throw and patterned pillows contrast the dark, overstuffed sofa and keep the coastal charm going in this Rhode Island beach home.
77. The L-shaped sofa here parallels the rest of the room’s geometric design.
78. With a bold statement sofa and banana-print accent pillows, things are bright and playful in this Palm Springs, California, lounge.
79. This living room in France showcases a mix of styles, with its classic sectional, flea-market-find coffee table and modern art and decor.
80. The simple white walls and flooring make the perfect backdrop for this pastel sofa.
81. Using light, neutral tones for accent pillows and side chairs added much-needed contrast to the heavy leather sofa.
82. With a white sofa against a white wall, accent pillows, blankets and wall art really stand out.
84. Amidst all the white, this sofa’s periwinkle toile pillows become the main feature.
85. With all the surrounding colors, patterns and artwork, this black sofa fades into the background.
86. The natural fabric and neutral tone of this sofa are in perfect harmony with this aquatic-themed room.
87. This tufted sofa with classic cushions creates the perfect reading nook.
88. A cream-colored sofa with navy piping is the center of comfort in this patriotic Cape Cod, Massachusetts, home.
90. The eclectic mix of toss pillows is the perfect design solution for this backless built-in unit.
91. This crisp white sofa keeps things bright in this Southern farmhouse sunroom.