Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mazzasflooringamerica

Blue roof shingles - how to update the look of the house

I'm trying to update the look of the house with new colors. Existing roof is light blue and will stay since is fairly new. The plan is to change the siding and take down the awnings. I'm having a trouble with colors to coordinate with blue roof. I'd like to pick one color for siding, trim would be white, accent color for the doors and shutters. I thought about light gray and black accents. I was wondering if there is something more exciting? ?

Comments (22)

• PRO
    9 years ago
    What color would you pick for shutters and door?
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I know you probably do not want to get rid of the awnings but they are the wrong color...the shutters could be a darker grey or you could paint the house grey and add black shutter....
    Mazza's Flooring America thanked Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
  • 9 years ago
    I don't think I'd use shutters. they really don't fit the windows, and when the awnings are gone and the trim is painted, you won't need them.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Awnings are going to go first. I was debating about the doors and thinking about painting them some shade of red. I'd like the house to stand out but without being funny looking. I like the first picture a lot and how they had corners in white.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    This is an alternative look. What do you think?
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Once you remove the awnings grey siding in light, medium or darker tone would be attractive. The photo of the yellow house is nice too. I think even a white house isn't bad with the blue roof. It's the trim and awnings that overwhelm.
  • 9 years ago
    I agree with the gray, with the white trim. You can add a pop of color on your front door! Window boxes could add some color, too! Change the window boxes to match the seasons.
    Mazza's Flooring America thanked mamabear2014
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I agree with rainymorning! grey, white, or the yellow siding in the photos above will complement your blue roof. My personal favorite is grey with the blue roof and white trim around the windows. If you decide to install shutters, I would go with white against the grey siding (but I don't think they are absolutely necessary). Your door color can be charcoal grey or a very dark maroon color. I would stay away for a 'true' red door.
    Mazza's Flooring America thanked Elite Interior Staging
  • 9 years ago
    I like the function of the awning over the door since there is no other protection from the weather. You could take Dow the ther awnings to see if you like just having the one. If so, then the white paint might look spectacular.
    Mazza's Flooring America thanked Julie McCrae
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Here's an update.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Here's an update.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Here's an update.
  • 9 years ago
    Looks better already! How about a good power washing ? I really like Cape Cods without shutters. A door in teal or turquoise might be nice. Next, you will get a lot of suggestions on landscaping- that will make a huge difference.
  • 9 years ago
    Ooops...looked at again. Delete blue door idea with the blue roof.
    Mazza's Flooring America thanked flopsycat1
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Progress photo
  • 9 years ago
    Very cute!
  • 9 years ago
    Nice improvement. Thank you for photo.
  • 9 years ago
    Looks great now.
  • 9 years ago
    Your house looks happier!
  • 8 years ago

What is the name of the siding that you chose?

• 7 years ago

Hi, can you tell me who is the manufacture of your blue roof shingles? We are repairing our roof from hurricane damage and would like to have a light blue color. Thanks!