Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
verfin47

HELP! NEED A QUARTZ THAT LOOKS LIKE CALACATTA MARBLE!

9 years ago
OK here is the dilemma im having......I am doing a white kitchen, white cabinets, subway white tiles and white quartz countertops. I want the closest quartz I can get to calacatta marble (white with gray veins). Now the problem is that all the quartz I have looked at so far has these specs in it and/or its a tad dingy and I don't like that......
Calacatta Nuvo by Cesarstone seems to be the closest I can find....
Cambria Torquay is #2 close but looks a little dingy in person....
For a white on white kitchen whats the best quartz that actually looks like calacatta marble?????????

Comments (142)

• 6 years ago

Wow my laza looks nothing like that- more grey and muted see pix above from last fall

• PRO
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

jill natural calcutta has huge variations like any natural stone, why quartz is great in this area.

The Gold veins are normal in some calcutta namey (calacatta paonazzo), again depends on quality of the stone and what quarry it is from.

NOTE: there are different Calcutta Marbles - Calcutta describes the region where the marble is from and the basic color and veining....

To give you an idea of how any different variations of Calcutta there are, have a look at this page.

Here are just some..... REPEAT SOME!!!

Calcutta Emerald

Calcutta Vena Fire

Calcutta Tucci

Calcutta Oro / Vagli Oro

Calcutta Machia

So when people say Calcutta it is usually Calcatta Borghini

• PRO
    6 years ago

Hi @linda_lybeck,

Thank you for your interest in our UNIQUE Calacatta. Unfortunately we don't have distributors in Seattle, WA yet. The closest distributors to that area are in Southern California...really sorry! Let us know though if we can help you in anything else.

• 6 years ago

COMPAC - Do you have any distributors in the Denver, CO area?

• 6 years ago

Are there any other Compac distributors in Southern California? I found one in Anaheim.

• PRO
    6 years ago

Hi @Julia Schmidt, thank you for reaching out to us! Unfortunately we don't have distributors in Denver, CO yet but you can send us a private message via our Houzz profile and we will try to connect you to a dealer near you if possible. Thank you!!

• PRO
    6 years ago

Hi @courtneyhong, thanks for your interest in COMPAC! Yes, as you said, our main distributor in Southern California is located in Anaheim but we have different locations such as kitchen stores and showrooms offering our products on display around the Los Angeles area as well. If you prefer, you can send us your contact information by private message through our Houzz profile and one of our team members there will inform you about these locations. Thank you!

• 6 years ago

Hi,

I am desperate for a website or I will be able to make comparable colors between Quartz brands. I found one, but unfortunately I lost everything in my computer. Thank you

• PRO
    6 years ago

I'm sorry, I am not understanding your message. can you please specify what your looking for?

• 6 years ago

A web site where I
    can register a granite or quartz color and have its comparable. Exemple you write
    columbia gray and they find comparable of colors in all the choices of granite
    or quartz.

• 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I was trying to decide between MSI Q Statuary Classique and their Calacatta Laza. I ended up going with my initial love for Statuary Classique!

I fell in love with the rich grey and blue veining. I love it in my white high-gloss european style kitchen!

We used marble tiles 2"x8" herringbone pattern for the backsplash and they just complement each other!

I didn't abandon the Calcatta Laza. We used Laza in our Master Bath countertops and shower bench, along with matching Porcelain tiles on the floor and walls and the look is seamless! The Laza does have warm tones veining in browns and warm grey so it matched the gloss dark wood custom floating vanity perfectly!

• 6 years ago

Joan Marie - I saw your comment and was wondering what you ended up choosing. I am also considering using the St Martin Simply White cabinets and a marble-like quartz. I have my eye on Silestone Eternal Gold, but I'm wondering if it slightly too bluish-white for the creamy white cabinets.

• 6 years ago

@Quartz - Stone Care, Cleaning & Repair Experts - I saw the photos you posted in Jan where you asked which was real marble and which was not. I certainly couldn't tell. I recently fell in love with some Calcutta/Calacatta marble (see photo, with Malibu White cabinet door by Cabinets to Go)

but know it would probably be foolish to install it in my kitchen. Could you (or others following this thread) recommend some specific quartz designs that, in your opinion, look like/close to the real thing? I live in the Seattle, WA area. Also, are people doing much matte finish quartz or is it still pretty much polished finishes? Thank you.

• PRO
    6 years ago

patacarter not all the photos where real marble... that was the point some of the new quartz ranges from manufacturers like smartstone etc are that close it makes it hard for even us to pick them. Quartz you will get a better polished finish and more durable than marble

• 6 years ago

I dont know what backsplash will look nice with white cabinets grey island and calacatta laza quartz

• 6 years ago

Hi all, I too am deciding between Statuary Classique and Calcatta Classique. We have Deep Silver (BM Cabinetry) and Mineral Ice walls. Off white subway tiles.

Please advise! I have attached photos!

Thank you!

• 6 years ago

Polarstone Calacatta Vagli

• 6 years ago
    Hello i live in Miami and i am doing a renovation in my kitchen, white with white, i am overwhelmed with all the countertops things , i need help!!! I love the calacatta and the carrara quartz but i dont know yet ??? Help please ??? Anyone know a Compac office in miami ?
  • 6 years ago
    @ Elizabeth Thorp
    I would suggest Statuary Classique.
    I have it in my kitchen and love the cool grey and blue tones of the veining.
    It matches my candle too lol!
    My kitchen backsplash is herringbone marble tiles. individually laid out, not on a mesh.
  • 6 years ago
    Here are comparison pics of MSI Statuary Classique and Calcatta Laza.

I used the Laza in my master bathroom because the cabinetry is gloss mahogany woodgrain. It matches with warm tones.

The Statuary, I used in my kitchen because it matches the marble tile backsplash and the blue veining complements stainless steel appliances!
  • 6 years ago
    Here is the MSI Statuary Classique Quartz in my kitchen with high gloss white cabinets.
  • PRO
    6 years ago

@Janett We are a countertop fabricators and installers, We are located in Deerfield beach, But we can give you the assistance that you need. Feel free to call or send me a email at wsgranite@outlook.com

(954)234-2377

• PRO
    6 years ago

Slabs from @Aurea Stone are one of the most similar to marble that i've ever seem. Take a look into it, I'm sure you will love it.

• 6 years ago

Hi All! Seen this thread and a lot of people are asking for photos of Calacatta Laza. I just got my slab!! So excited to see it in my kitchen. Still not sure what kind of backspash to go with it? Do I do grey or white subway tile? Glass or regular? Herringbone or regular?!

• 6 years ago

My kitchen designer suggested Calacatta Sottile for my counters. She said it's so popular that the supplier can't keep it in stock. Can anyone comment on it?

• 6 years ago

This is a slab of Calacatta Sottile.

• 6 years ago
    Where can I find a showroom in NJ for Compac
    Unique calacatta? I saw a tiny sample at my cabinet supplier but I would like to see a larger presence so I can get an idea of how it will look as my new countertop and possibly backsplash as well.
  • PRO
    6 years ago

Hi @Jordana Geldziler,

You can get in touch with our team in New Jersey to see a fulll slab of Unique Calacatta. We have a warehouse there and a showroom in Manhattan as well as suppliers and kitchen stores with the product on display. Please see below the contact information:

COMPAC NJ

36 South Adamsville, suite 5
    08807 - Bridgewater, New Jersey
    Tel. 908 685 5811

Best regards.

• 6 years ago

Thats far from me.

• PRO
    6 years ago

Hi @joelcoqui

Where are you located? Thank you.

• 6 years ago

Verona Quartz Calacatta Blanco

https://www.veronaquartz.com/product-page/calacattablanco

Hello, after visiting multiple slab yards in the SFV, i decided this slab looked the most natural. Look at my kitchen!!! We are almost done... Thoughts? On Verona Quartz - Calacatta Blanco?

• 6 years ago
    This is the Cambria Brittanica Gold. It is beautiful in person.
  • 5 years ago
    Jade O. love your countertops. We originally chose Super White Quartzite and last minute we changed to the Statuary Classique quartz for our new build. I'm hoping it'll turn out like yours. We chose bright white cabinets and bright white Subway tiles so hopefully the color will go well together and the countertop doesn't look too warm or too cool
  • 5 years ago

I wish that calcutta gold has a little more gray in it and was a little less dramatic. I think the thick veining is a bit too much. just a bit. live on Long island, NY

• 5 years ago

I love the brown as it goes with my furniture BUT I agree that the Cambria veining is too large, at least for my kitchen. Cambria, I have noticed, has patterns that look great in really large spaces, but those of us with more modest homes here in CA where you don't get a bang for your buck, have smaller spaces and Cambria's boldness just doesn't fit our spaces.

• 5 years ago
    Hi All,

I could really use some help. I stumbled upon a picture of my dream countertops. I’m currently redoing my kitchen and this stone is perfect it has wide veins and both grey and brown tones. I love how the brown warms everything up but isn’t overpowering. Any ideas what this stone might be? It looks like a calacutta but there are so many variations I can’t be sure. (pictures are of the same countertop just in different lighting)
  • 5 years ago

looks like Calacutta Gold to me.

• 5 years ago

I agree! Calcutta!

• 5 years ago
    Getting ready to purchase Calacatta Laza from MSI. Would those of you that installed this counter top awhile ago please give me an updated review. Any problems with chipping or staining? Thanks
  • 5 years ago

@Janett Garcia. I wanted to ask you if you ever got Unique Calacatta by Compac here in Miami? I did and they have been damaged. I had them installed in my new kitchen and had like a film/spots all over. Compac replaced and these new ones have the same problem. They also have a film/spots on them. And now Compac won't even have the decency of replying to me.

• 5 years ago

Have you considered Dekton Bergen for your marble look?

• 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

stained natural marble - Google Search · More Info

More Incredibly Bad Advice for Cleaning Stains on Marble – Stone Care Solutions · More Info

Despite what @Hyde Evans Design declares, I think these quartz stones are beautiful and carefree. Just as nice as the real thing without having to be stressed out about tomato sauce and red wine. Over time I would argue the quartz looks better, unless you like marked up, chipped up marble.

• 3 years ago

@User May I just say your kitchen is absolutely STUNNING!!! We are going with light gray cabinets, navy blue island, and statuary classique quartz. I am loving your idea of herringbone marble too...Where can I find that backsplash?

• 3 years ago

@User - I am also interested in where you purchased your backsplash. Thanks!

• 3 years ago

Silestone Eternal Calacatta Gold... it's beautiful... IMO :)

• 3 years ago

Larry... have you used Bergen? It seems to be the closest to real marble.

• 3 years ago

Have not used Bergen, but it looks really good. Thanks

• 3 years ago

@User would also love to know where to get those backsplash tiles. They are dreamy.

• 3 years ago

@3marshview do you have a picture of your kitchen in Calacatta gold?