Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leelaval

Kitchen Reno :

11 years ago
Help ! Finally after a year of planning, I just ordered my kitchen cabinetry with a small island 42x50: White Shaker (Chantilly Lace). Second guessing on the rest:I have a small kitchen 16x10.

Possibilities;
A) Backsplash 2x4 Carrara Subways (White/Greys) Counter: with either Solid White, Lyra or Frosty Carrina Quartz, or Black Granite (only after seeing a kitchen by Shannon Cabinetry)

B) White 3x6 Subway Backsplash in Matt White, could go with either Granite White Fantasy or Lyra Quartz or or or or or

Then the floor is an issue (should it be a solid 12x24 charcoal or slightly lighter (kitchen attaches to the living room that has moka chocolate wood flooring.

I am trying to find a supplier to see the Lyra and Torquay Quartz to see the sample - may not even like it. Also waiting to see the new Cesarstone Frosty Carrina its seems to be close to marble. Until you see them in person I gather.

Love many of the kitchens on Houzz, hence the changes above. Especially those with the white cabinets and carrerra counters. Clean and fresh. I do have time as it will only be done in February. Any suggestions or comments would be wonderful.

Many thanks in advance for all your suggestions. I do give this site to everyone I run into who is doing a reno.

Comments (6)

• 11 years ago
    I really love the look of white cabinets with black countertops. Have you considered using colored tile for your backsplash, like this? If not, I'd recommend going with white subway tiles - classic look, can't go wrong!

Roanoke 4 Square · More Info
  • 11 years ago
    Hi---well you definitely have your work cut out for you. Decisions, decisions. Attaching some pics of different looks for white cabs. All interesting as you can see. One thing I will suggest is if you do decide to go with wood flooring (I prefer you do since this is open to the living room), have it stained the same as any adjacent rooms-or have the adjacent rooms stripped and lightened if you decide to go lighter in the kitchen. I hope this eye-candy is helpful. Good Luck! [houzz=
    Featured in Gentry Magazine & CalFinder - Danenberg Design White Kitchen · More Info
    ][houzz=
    White Kitchens · More Info
    ][houzz=
    Gray Kitchen Renovation St. Louis, MO · More Info
    ][houzz=
    KitchenLab · More Info
    ][houzz=
    Contemporary White · More Info
    ][houzz=
    Private Residence · More Info
    ]
  • 11 years ago
    Tks so much - I love the ones with the carrerra. Just visited the granite store and they are trying to talk me into carerra instead of granite or quartz and insist there is much better sealers out there now and will seal it twice for me. Its my favorite look but I am so afraid of the scratching and staining. What are your thoughts.
  • 11 years ago
    My thoughts are exactly as yours-CONCERNED. I worry about the staining more so as they can be polished. If you really like the look you could do what Rebekah did in the above pic-put it in an area such as a desk where you don't have to worry about something like SPAGHETTI sauce-YikeS! :)
    Have you looked at other options besides your white fantasy granite? Milky White, Romano Delicatus, White Moon, River White---the list goes on and on. I'm sure you could find something more comparable to the carrera than the White Fantasy-which is it a little busy. Both Lyra and Torquay are Gorgeous and have that Brightness to them such as the carrera.
    Perhaps the best thing for you to do is to take your materials with you when shopping around---cabinet door, backsplash, flooring, paint color(s), fabrics/textile swatches, and finishes. Hues, shades, tints, and tones all vary and when put next to one another what looks like blue when paired with white could look like purple next to cream. Good Luck on your quest... Keep us posted. :)
  • 11 years ago
    Wonderful---keeping fingers crossed for you. :)