Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? March 9-11

6 years ago

Hello quilters! I finally found some time to sew. This has been a busy week and I haven't made it into the sewing room until today. I put the borders on a snowflake quilt that I made and started sewing blocks for a kit that I bought several years ago. I am making 140 fly geese units. Next will be 140 chevron units. The kit is from Connecting Threads and has 1930's fabric. It was relaxing to just sit and sew.

Are you sewing this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (14)

• 6 years ago

It's been a busy week. I didn't get any sewing done. I didn't like the border on the quilt I'm working on, so went to the LQS for an alternate fabric and they were closed. I had forgotten that the Dallas Quilt Show is this weekend. So, on the way back, I stopped at JoAnn's and picked up the fabric to make some stars for the re-worked border. I'm not sure what I want to do on that border, but am sure I want blue 5 pointed stars on it.

While I was there, I picked up some batiks for the block lotto this month.

I signed up for two I spy swaps for this month, so I started to cut those this afternoon. I hope to get those cut, sorted and ready to mail. I have lots of I spy fabric, so I won't have to shop.

I'm unlikely to get all that done, but it's on the list.

bkay

• 6 years ago

I sure hope to do some sewing, but.......I fell this morning and I'm feeling a bit beat up. Ok, my sewing chair scooted out from under me some how and I hit some of the wheel rollers on my way down. Nothing is broken and I can move ok, I am just feeling really really sore......especially my back. But, I shall prevail and do something with sewing tomorrow. :-)

Caroline, I love the colors you put together in your block. Good job!

• 6 years ago

Happy Saturday, y'all!

Caroline - I love the colors, too. Very nice!

Sharon - I'm so sorry to hear you fell, and hope you are feeling 100% before the weekend is up. Thank goodness for no breaks!

This week, I've walked past my batiks, thought about cutting into them, and sighing, because I couldn't find enough moments to do just that. I'm finishing up at a women's conference today, and since tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy; I plan to spend the afternoon working on those March pinwheels. Fingers-crossed. Happy Sewing, y'all!

• 6 years ago

Oh, Sharon! Don't do that. We don't need any accidents in our lives. Rest up and heal.

I did get some sewing done this week and have the borders on one of the quilts. Almost ready for the second. Mitreing turned out pretty well. Hope the second is as easy.

Theresa

• 6 years ago

So sorry to hear that Sharon. Hope you’re feeling better this morning.

• 6 years ago

Sharon - don't do that anymore!!

I just got finished making the quilt sandwich and pin-basting it. I chastised DH for not offering to help me and told him that according to the news this morning he doesn't fit into the "Beta Male" category at all. He's Alpha Male all the way. Of course he just looked at me vacantly like he always does.

I've decided to call this quilt my "Hippie Squared" quilt. It's square in design all the way but the fabrics are all florals and very Spring-like.

• 6 years ago

Sharon, take it easy. Hope that bruise heals quickly.

• 6 years ago

Sharon, those rolling chairs can be dangerous! I'm so sorry you fell. I hope you're feeling much better today.

This is my last completely plan-free weekend for a while, so I think I'll keep working on the cross stitch then put it away. I've been working on it since before Christmas, I think, so it's time to do something else.

Donna

• 6 years ago

Sharon, I'm so sorry you fell. I hope you are feeling better today.

• 6 years ago

Thank you everyone, I'm really not feeling much better today, but thankfully, it's just soreness in my shoulders and back. I walk all bent over like an old woman! Yes, I know, I am! :-) I might get out the heating pad and see if that helps. I did do a bit of cutting and sewing today, so I'm on the mend.

• 6 years ago

Sharon, you need to stay out of those rolly chairs. Hope you mend quickly. I finished the borders on the hot air balloon quilt and hope to get it in the frame tomorrow. DD wants to work on wedding decorations, so that may not happen.

Last night I did get to gift a quilt to a dear friend. I worked with her for 18 years and hubby has worked with her for 15. He will be leaving for a new job, and I wanted to get it to her while he was still there.

• 6 years ago

Nothing happening for me. I just returned from a 7 day work trip. Sounds like everyone else is pretty busy. Sharon, take care of yourself please.

• 6 years ago

Great photo, Beverly! I know your friend will love that quilt!

Donna

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz