fish_greg

Miele W1/T1 Washer & Dreyr

DBV DBV

Hello - has anyone purchased the Miele W1/T1 washer and dryer and if so what are your thoughts so far? I did a search, but did not see any user experiences yet, unless I just missed it. Thanks!

• Cal

@Jerrod Towel cycle has been working fine, the manual seem to indicate it will only go to 1200rpm but my machine goes to 1600rpm. Originally I thought the cycle was used to get sand out of beach towels, but it doesn't do any type of rapid spin at the start of the cycle. It seems like a gentle cycle for towels that aren't really dirty and that is less than 1hr. The only issue I have is what Marilyn is having with soft water. I had to stop using TwinDos on towels because of too many suds so I started using a teaspoon (or less) of detergent for towels which helped a lot.

@nycmom That is an awesome story on laundering a wool rug! I remember when I first got my W1 I ran through cleaning things I was scared to wash (like delicate blankets with tassels) but everything came out so clean and not damaged.

• Marilyn

@Cal: Good to know your experience with the Towel cycle. I too have avoided it because the manual indicates it is really for just rinsing out sandy beach towels. I am going to give it a try next time. When you think about it, you only use your bath towels after you are clean so perhaps this shorter cycle is more appropriate.

• Jerrod

Cal

I have tried it a few times but it doesn't seem to spin long enough between rinses or the wash to extract out of towels. I use 1 teaspoon of Persil powder detergent when washing in this program and it still seems like not enough of a spin for me. Maybe it is because I also use wash cloths, I don't know. I do like that it is short, I just wish those spins were a bit longer. I even tried heavy soil using the powder detergent and max rinse level.

Marilyn please let me know what you think after you try this.

• DBV DBV

When we wash small rugs, the W1 does not always spin at top speed, so they come out very wet. We then run the drain/spin cycle and sometimes that will work, but most times it does not. Any ideas on how to get it to spin at high speed to dry the rug out better before drying? Thanks!

• djlandkpl

@DBV DBV It's a balance issue. You need at least one additional item in the washer of similar weight so the drum is balanced when it spins.

• Jerrod

@Cal

I tried the towel program on a towel load today. I wash in the area when the wash portion ended and watched the spin. It seemed really short, so I returned when it was time to spin after the first rinse. I timed the spin to last about 50 seconds from start to end. I don't think my machine is like yours when it comes to this program because the spin never got up to speed.

• Jerrod

App Update: I got a message about a washer update today. I haven't done it yet, but I think it is for the WiFi module not the software on the machine. Has anyone else received this update?

• Jerrod

DBV. I noticed the same issue. I have a group of old but clean towels I keep around so I just add two or three of them in with the rugs and that seems to do the trick.

• Avi Drissman

@Jerrod Yep, I got an update to the WiFi modules (v 03.82) and not the machine itself. Just updated the machines and we’ll see.

• Jack Miller

I now have my new W1-860 and T1 Dryer. So far so good! Really impressed with the build quality and wash and dry results.

Two questions:

• I'm currently using TwinDos sensitive (dialed down to dosage of 19/17 per recommendations here for soft water). How does this compare to Persil sensitive? (Perhaps I should be using Persil powder for Towels where I can control dosage better)?
    • I have 3 wool dryer balls that I have been using in the dryer. I always used them in my last machine and felt it helped with drying quality. I'm very pleased with the drying times and results. Anyone worry with me using these? (I use Molly's Suds Fragrance Free Wool Dryer Balls).

• luna123456

TwinDOS is fine detergent. I don't think you will find anything "better" at this level. Sensitive removes the dyes and fragrance. Those don't have any real impact on the cleaning ability of the detergent.

We use Tide PurClean, refilled in the TwinDOS bottles using a funnel, and have for a long time. Works just as good, but also eliminates the optical brighteners.

Wool Balls don't really do anything for you in a Miele. We had them too, but with the heat pump dryer the reason for the wool balls is gone. Only kind of balls we every used were tennis balls when drying feather pillows to help with getting them nicely fluffed. You won't harm anything by using the wool dryer balls.

• daimler98

As of last night my washer is sending the complete notification while the cycle is at the mid point or earlier. I unplugged it twice to try and reset it, but it’s still continuing. Whatever is wrong seems to be affecting the actually operation, as well.

Any advice is appreciated.

• Jack Miller

I don't have any advice for your issue.

I do have one question, I've got the Miele app on my phone, works fine. For my wife's phone, does she need her own account to control it? Or should she log in with mine?

• Marilyn

No she does not. She should just login to the account with your username and password.

• djlandkpl

Over the weekend both washer and dryer notifications were delayed many minutes after the cycles completed. Today, the notifications were back to normal.

• delray33483

all of the communication (and software generation ) runs through Germany first. They may have had some network issues

• Marilyn

Washer notifications have stopped again as of 2 days ago....sigh

• Marilyn

Notifications just came back!

• jkxs

I have been considering the WWH860 washer for a while, but I can't get over the [one year] warranty. I understand that you can buy an extended warranty for $319 to extend the warranty to 5 total years.

I am hesitant because it seems like Miele is not an obvious choice in the U.S. compared to if you were purchasing in Europe. This may be because of how common Miele is in Europe and the availability of nearby Miele engineers/technicians.

I received an email from Miele today saying they are planning to do a few promos for black Friday. One of those promos is $100 off washers, but I would really like to see the "10 year warranty" promo like the one done in Australia a month ago in September. What do you all think? Buying a LG washer from Costco gets me free install, free removal, and free 5 years warranty with the Costco credit card. I like using Miele products, but the warranty is holding me back in case something goes wrong down the line.

• Marilyn

Quite often Miele runs a promotion where they extend the warranty to 5 years at no charge. So just bide your time if you don't need a washer tomorrow for such a promotion. I can't speak to the LG's quality, reliability, service; I just know the high quality of Miele and the promptness and quality of their warranty service. We bought a cheaper Samsung pair for the cottage but service will definitely be an issue if we have a problem. In fact, because our cottage is in the country we would need to disconnect and haul our Samsungs into the city for repair whereas Miele does send its technicians outside of urban areas for repairs. So do your homework on what LG service is available in your area.

• jkxs

Thank you, Marilyn. I was at the Miele experience center in Tysons Corner today and they said they had never heard of the 5 year warranty promo for their washing machines / dryers. The employees said they usually only hear of the warranty promos on the higher end dishwashers. I tried googling and I think two years ago or more there was a washing machine / dryer warranty promo but nothing recently. I will just wait it out, no rush! Thank you for updating this post every now and then!

• Marilyn

Maybe it is different in the USA than in Canada or maybe I just got lucky twice. My first pair I bought in 2004 with a 10 year warranty upgrade promotion and then just this spring I replaced the washer when they had a 5 year warranty upgrade promotion. And currently in Canada Miele has a 10% off + 5 year warranty running until October 29.

• luna123456

@jkxs

Miele has not run the 5 year warranty promo on laundry since the W4800/T9800 days. Maybe a decade ago.

If you have a Miele technician install and setup the washer/dryer you get an extra year of warranty for free. So 2 years instead of one. For the cost of the install you are half way to just buying the extended warranty. Miele installers are NOT typically the retailer unless you buy them direct from Miele. You CAN buy them direct now.

The extended warranty is with Miele not a third party. That is the difference between everyone else. You don't call XYZ insurance or an appliance mart if/when something breaks. You call Miele and they get someone out. What is that worth to you? For some $$$$ is all that matters. For others having the manufacturer deal with it is worth some extra coin.

Part of the no free 5 or 10 year warranty is that Americans by and large are idiots. They call service for things that really don't need a tech. Foreign countries also have laws that shield manufacturers from a lot of lawsuits. So the "risk" to Miele is lower.

5 and 10 year warranty promos are common on the W1 and T1 in Canada. That is due to the different laws that limit lawsuits. In fact Miele is running the free five year warranty in Canada right now on laundry PLUS free delivery: http://ca.miele.ca/en/Promotions

The price of the WWH860 (Top Model washer) is $2476 in USA dollars. The cost of the warranty and delivery is baked in to the price. In the USA that SAME washer can be had for $1999 or $1899 when they run their $100 off promo.

Also with Miele you can purchase the extended warranty any time before your factory warranty runs out. So you can wait 11 months and decide you want the warranty or not. If you do then just use Miele's website to put in your serial number and pay for the warranty.

Miele is NOT competing against anyone and they know it. They price their products at the premium end. Your paying for quality that in MOST cases will work out. Nothing is 100% so if your not one who likes to play the cards then buy the extended warranty.

Another thing you can check into is if your credit card offers extended warranties. We have a rewards card that will double the manufacturers warranty on everything (other than things with engines) for free. If you have that then just use your CC to buy, pay off the CC and have a "free" two year warranty. Use a rewards card and get some back as well.

• jkxs

@luna123456

Thank you. That's what I thought; in other words, Miele USA hasn't run a washing machine warranty promotion in a very long time.

I believe on the WWH860, the Good Housekeeping warranty fills in another year for a total of two years (1 year manufacturer warranty + 1 year Good Housekeeping). If you have a Miele technician install it I think you may get another year? Or maybe you just don't get the manufacturer's warranty if you don't have a Miele tech install...

Yes, the extended warranty I was talking about was through Miele here. $319 for a max of five years on a washer. Extended warranty terms and conditions are here. I have had experience with Miele technical support for questions I have had on my induction cooktop. It is relatively easy to get connected to an agent and they all speak English fluently in my experience. The issue is not talking to an agent, the issue is getting a Miele tech sent to my house (which I have never had to do).

Yes, I have read online that people guess that user error is the reason why Miele USA does not offer the same warranty promos as Europe or Oceania... In Europe, Miele is commonplace whereas in the USA, you usually only find them in houses where the owner is specifically interested in certain brands (e.g. Gaggenau, Miele, Liebherr). Of course the way that Europeans do laundry (almost daily) is very different that most Americans (maybe once a week). I have read that Miele Canada is comparable to Miele Europe in terms of warranty/servicing/technicians, but Miele USA seems to lag behind.

It is unfortunate that there is no competition for Miele in the US. I would say the closest competitor is LG Signature assuming you can buy it from Costco with a Costco credit card and get the free install and install supplies, removal, etc. Then again, as a brand, I would prefer Miele over LG.

I think I have made up my mind and plan to buy the previous iteration of the Miele little giant washer ($899 for unit + 5 year warranty ($119) + install ($29.99) + removal ($39.99) + free shipping from NJ for a total of ~$1100). The little giant washers are rated to double the washing cycles as the "regular" washers and I prefer the wash cycle rating over extra types of modes/wifi/twin-dos. The "Miele" warranty on professional washers is $349, but I am not sure it is applicable to discontinued models. I would of course prefer a Miele extended warranty over some CPS 5 year warranty from AppliancesConnection... Of course I will have to hire an electrician to wire up a L6-30 outlet and the 30 A tandem breaker for the 240V washer, but I'm pretty sure I'll still be ahead price-wise.

• daimler98

Would this little giant plug into a 3 or 4 plug that a dryer uses? I have the older 3 prong, with a kind of triangular prong in the middle, that is sitting unused since my Miele dryer uses a standard plug.

• hcbm

jkxs- I was considering buying the Little Giant from the dealer you have in your link. I quickly reconsidered when I read reviews about the dealer and numerous complaints with the Better Business Bureau. The price is very low for that machine. I am afraid it is too good to be true. Good luck and I hope I am wrong.

• jwvideo

For additional discussion of that dealer and the suspect offers on the Little Giants, see this recent thread if you haven't already found it: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5935302/pulled-the-trigger-on-miele-pw-6068-hyperventilating

• jkxs

I have seen all of those reviews and have come to this decision after searching for other options. Simply put, there is nothing better for the price if you don't mind not having the fancy features. Speedqueen has gone down the drain and I would prefer to not get a LG washer.

You will also see that I posted the most recent comment on that thread you posted @jwvideo.

I am planning to use PayPal credit so if there is an issue, I can just open a claim with them. If there is an issue then that can be claimed via PayPal easily. I know for a fact that AppliancesConnection is shady and they try to charge you restocking fees if you cancel for any reason. It happened in 2017 when I cancelled a Fridigaire Kuhl order which had just shipped. I called FedEx to return to sender and AppliancesConnection tried to charge me restocking fees on an item that had not even had an attempted delivery. PayPal gave me a full refund.

You have to be there and inspect the package before they remove it from the truck. As far as the CPS warranty that AppliancesConnection offers, that is a totally different company. You cannot beat the prices of install, removal and warranty. If you really want the specifics on the little giant washer here are the electrical specs.

https://i.imgur.com/6MIOr9G.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/7J4YybD.jpg

I sent a private message to the person who posted the deal on slickdeals here and he said he had no issues with delivery. He did say that he lived about an hour and a half away from the AppliancesConnection warehouse so their employees (and not 3rd party freight companies) did delivery. So your mileage may vary, but I'm not seeing much downside once you get the electrical figured out. It does say on the AppliancesConnection product page that the estimated ship date is almost a month out (11/23 - 11/25) so that probably gets you enough time to get an electrician to install the 240V L6-30 outlet with the 30 A circuit breakers.

I will remind everyone that even though AppliancesConnection is shady, they are authorized Miele dealers and I assume that checks off Miele's extended warranty boxes. If there is an issue with the washer on delivery though it could be a long wait to get another one (since the shipping times are so long), but you wouldn't actually remove your current washer until you verified that the one on the truck is undamaged and fine before they remove it. You would also run a standard cycle as soon as it is installed to see if there are any obvious issues.

• littlegreeny

@jkxs Please let us know how your experience ends up being with the Little Giant from AppliancesConnection.

• jkxs

@littlegreeny Will update... want to call AppliancesConnection on Monday before checking out (see if I can get a further discount or washer, or add-on services like install/warranty). I will report back on when I get a tracking # (how long it takes to ship), delivery, and reaction after first "real wash" (after the test wash). I honestly don't feel like I have much to lose at this point, but who knows... The problem for most people is going to be the 240 V aspect... I don't think most people have an extra 240 V outlet in their washer dryer room assuming you don't already have a commercial washer. If your breaker box isn't already in your washer room that adds some cost to wiring and even if you do have a 240 V outlet in your washer room, you may need to update the outlet type to L6-30. So hiring an electrician is pretty much a given....

When I saw the newer Little Giant units at the Tysons Corner experience center, they looked pretty small (as European style washers are). It was noticeably larger inside than the W1 (WWH860), but I would say it is a little smaller than most LG front washers. The units weren't plugged in so I couldn't see the menus and everything, but I already have a general idea by looking through the PW6068 owner's manual and PW6068 install guide. If I do get a chance to see the new Little Giants again (when they are plugged in) I'll upload some photos. Maybe I'll even do a load of laundry in one (the employees offered!)

• hcbm

jkxs- As long as you are aware of the potential problems and are willing to deal with them good luck. I would really be interested in your experience. I live very near their store and have stopped by and gotten a bad feeling. It has been suggested they are selling returned or refurbished Little Giants without disclosing that to customers. I need to get a new washer soon and am hoping I can find a used one on Craig's List but might take a chance if you have good results.

• jkxs

@hcbm you raise a good point. I wouldn't put it past them to try and sell a returned or refurbished little giant and this is one of the points I will explicitly raise with the salesman... Actually, I think I'm going to email them this question right now just so I have it on record. Someone in Maryland has a used set on sale, but it is listed at $2200 https://frederick.craigslist.org/app/d/frederick-miele-little-giant-washer-and/7215641268.html

• luna123456

The little giants are rated smaller and for less laundry than the w1. They are commercial quality, but they are smaller, not larger.

Ask them if they qualify for the Miele extended warranty. Do that Via email so you have it in writing. Has to be a yes or no. If their sold as refurbished Miele does not offer an extended warranty and there may also be no factory warranty.

• a1an

Spec on paper aside, one really should see them in person before....it appears really really small when compared to my 48XX. I wasn't really WOW'ed but the stainless finish . the top bezel if I recall was more like stainless plate ontop of plastic if I recall. I just remember leaving the design center saying, I was expecting to see the fit and finish of WOW and it was WOW, but more like Wow, not what I expected in the fit/finish

• jkxs

I went to a local appliance dealer today. The manager said he could math the $899 price from AppliancesConnection on the PW6068, but couldn't match the $50 for the install/removal/3 year CPS warranty. I will say that the PW6068 looks like a 20 year old washer and isn't pretty at all. The new Little Giants look great and are noticeably larger than the W1 washers. I know the discontinued PW6068 has a tiny opening so maybe it seems smaller than the W1. I am not sure if I am going to get just the PW6068, or just hold off. Going to attach some pictures of the PW6068 from today.

@luna123456 I just spoke with Miele technical support (Mike in commercial washers/dryers) and he advised me to ask the sales team tomorrow (they were closed when I called) and ask if they have the little giant dryer that matches the PW6068. I know when I tried googling the model number I couldn't find any places online that were selling it at a discount like AppliancesConnection is doing with the PW6068.

Mike talked about the warehouse issue as well (if AppliancesConnection has the units in their warehouse somewhere and it has been sitting for a while). When I called AppliancesConnection yesterday the rep ("Daniel B.") said the PW6068 gets drop-shipped from Miele and they never sell refurbished/returned items. He said that the returned units get returned to Miele. I haven't gotten a response to my email however so I don't have anything in writing yet. Mike said that when you get the unit Miele customer support can run the serial # to tell you when it left Miele, but they can't tell you if a reseller keeps inventory, or always dropships. I think you can only get extended warranty within one year of purchase date, but I also think when it left Miele plays some role. Not 100% sure on that.

• jkxs

• a1an

I missed the discussion on the warranty. I'm a huge advocate on appliance warranty, but remember, it is only as good as the repair tech working on it, or if said warranty will actually be a true visit .....

For me, all my warranties have had the -factory service- technician if required.

Keep these 2 variables in mind

• jkxs

@a1an All repair techs that would be sent out from 3rd party warranty companies (e.g. SquareTrade, CPS) would be Miele certified. Under the 1 year Miele warranty (or up to 5 year for extedend warranty) in my area (Northern VA / D.C. metro area) Miele tech support said I could probably request a technician that works for Miele (e.g. corporate) instead of a technician that is Miele certified. They said it might be different if I lived in a rural area in the middle of Idaho, but in my area this really isn't a cause for concern.

• a1an

JKXS - For clarity, in your experience, certified (3rd party) or factory branded tech ?

Not familiar with CPS, but are you saying you have used/bought a Squaretrade warranty and for example, a SubZero certified tech will come out for a repair ? And not Joe - the appliance guy, who just does Appliance repairs...

How was your experience with a repair done by a certified tech ?

I've been offered squaretrade at other places - pricing on said warranty was fine....but I was not keen on who would come out if I needed a repair.

I once had a repair done on my Miele washer....factory tech, Sagging door. Anyhow, in replacing the hinge, he went the extra mile since I asked.....and he replaced the door boot.

• jkxs

@a1an Yes, any of the 3rd party warranty companies will get a technician or service center that is certified to repair your specific item. It is not just hiring a general handyman. Now the distinction between a Miele technician that works for Miele corporate vs an appliance tech that got their Miele certification I do not know. I would assume the corporate techs who work on Miele exclusively would have more experience, but it depends since you can get a new Miele factory tech and you can also get an appliance tech who has been repairing Miele machines for 30 years... I don't know if I am lucky, but my experience with SquareTrade has been fantastic. I don't know if this is because I already know their claims process and know how to escalate it, or maybe I have just gotten lucky with agents who don't mind buying me out.

I have used SquareTrade in the past for dehumidifiers, wall AC units and anything that is known to have reliability issues. They have always bought me out (three frigidaire 70 pint dehumidifers, 1 dual hose portable air conditioner, small electronics). I have been able to repair most of these units myself after the fact.

I tend to try and repair my own appliances and try to avoid having to take them to a repair center because I know most of those techs are on a strict schedule and won't spend extra time like I might.

I have never needed to have work done on my Miele induction countertop, or B890 rotary iron luckily.

I have personally taken apart my Miele C3 Brilliant canister vacuum as well as the Miele SEB-236 powerhead for it.

I think Post# 1077134 (screenshot here) by Launderess in this automaticwasher.org thread does a good job of vocalizing what can go wrong with Miele after your purchase in the U.S. (compared to Canada or Europe). I have read threads praising Miele technicians, but it is good to have a balanced perspective. The worst case scenario may be that you have no ability to do laundry if your unit has an issue and a tech cannot solve issue or cannot be dispatched quickly or a part is not in stock.

• a1an

In my whelhouse of appliances, I'm not thinking portable but fixed or semi fixes - stoves, ovens, dishwashers, washer....I've seen work but factory authorized Wolf techs and I'm not impressed. Not am I overly impressed with direct Miele techs, but I'd rather have a direct factory tech than a certified tech. When I did DIY repair on my Miele laundry washer, I found a cracked plastic unseen that most likely was caused by Miele repair when they serviced it......I'm 2 years out of warranty in this unit. I called Miele. They send me the replacement part which probably had a MSRP of at least $200+

Same goes for Wolf. I have had a extended with them. I think i'm going to day 4 or 5 years past warranty, I call customer service asking about XYZ part #s....Long story short, the CS agent took my info down, asked me to send in copy of the receipts of part I've purchased sofar. I didn't ask for it, but they CUT me a check for the parts I paid....

Designer Appliances IMO are expensive to own during warranty and outside of warranty. It's just been my own experience to have warranties (preferably factory techs) for the during and more than once, past these warranty periods, with historical (repair), these deeeesigner appliances manuf. have also took care of issue past that, which I thought was above and beyond.

Repairing DIY is not the issue once out of warranty. But parts are expensive.....

I know this is subjective. One time my Miele DW required a repair. The part was $300'ish alone (miele , like most deeeeziner appliances, it's all MAP price locked). I could have probably done some jimmy rig repair with a different brand and make it work (albit a bit wonky) for half the cost. in parts. I ended up no opting to replace the @#$%% bavarian priced part but ended up buying another -platinum- Miele DW.

Interesting read regardless on ST. I will keep that in mind !

I've always approached it like the city sewer line warranty outfits and have avoided appliance shops with ST options.

• jkxs

@a1an the more research I do, the more upset I get that there seems to be no washers >27" (considered compact) that are >5 cubic feet, have the ability to use a lot of water, and have a history of reliability (rated to >15,000 wash cycles, high quality parts usually found in commercial machines).

The Miele OctoPlus sounds great, but are well into the 5 figure range and Miele doesn't even sell them for residential use in the U.S. (fine in Australia however).

I think I might end up putting this washing machine purchase off... I always do a ton of research on any purchase, but I can honestly say researching washers/dryers has been incredibly disappointing. I think the commercial soft-top SpeedQueen or Milnor machines might be what I am looking for, but I am pretty sure they are >$5000 for just the washer! I think I may just give up and go the LG signature route with Costco because of the free 5 year warranty, free install/removal. At least LG front loaders have a ton of capacity.

Also you make a good point about the parts; in the U.S. it is difficult to get them compared to in Europe. Miele in the U.S. is a high-end boutique brand whereas in Europe it is a common household name.

If I was living by myself, then the W1/T1 might be an option, but with my current old (15+ years) top-loader, I don't think I can ever go to a compact. Not that I have thick blankets or anything, but because I am so used to running laundry once or twice a week with a TON of water.

Here are a few comments from the thread linked below that explain the issues with Miele's Little Giant series:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/3107332/i-find-myself-here-again-need-heavy-duty-washer

By user larsi_gw:

"The Miele Little Giant is VERY small!!! and unless you have a factory tech. activate Water Plus, the Little Giant uses minuscule amounts of water. And even with Water Plus activated, the washer is still very stingy with water! Good and bad!"

By user elle5292 in the same thread:

"I'm now in the market for a top-loading machine that

(1) permits the user to manually set the water level;

(2) does not leave the last of the prior load's rinse water in the bottom of the machine to "save" water for the next load (a synonym for "mildew factory" unless you always leave the lid open when the machine is not in use, and sometimes not even that works);

(3) permits a long-term soak of really dirty items (after an initial rinse and drain) without automatically draining after its unchangeable preset time or even if you turn off the machine; and (4) has at least a 4+ cubic foot tub capacity so that we can wash a lightweight down comforter, more than one set of sheets and pillowcases, or four pairs of medium weight canvas coveralls used in outdoor work.

Well, after hours and hours of hunting, I'm here to tell you that you have to give up on #4 unless you're prepared to go to a really serious commercial machine -- like one with a 100 pound capacity that will mean that, other than a basement location, you will need to reinforce your floor, plus likely plumbing and electricity re-fits...

Ok, so you have to do more and smaller loads of wash (federal regulators are historically oblivious to the value of your time) of towels or rags or other smaller items, but the real point is that it is now impossible to get those larger items -- a dog bed, a comforter, a sleeping bag, a 9x12' lightweight canvas tarp, a medium size rag rug, into that machine at all. So, off to the laundromat for you, or trip$ to the cleaner$ with the comforters. This is the "unintended" -- but in fact perfectly predictable -- consequence of the regulatory drive to force us into water "conservation." The problem is, the solution is bogus and probably doesn't save much if any water at all."

• a1an

JKXS - Not sure how long you have been around, but larsi is a old/older GW Laundry member who used to active. I don't recall all his postings, (per the quote) you sent, but I do recall he was relatively pleased with his LIGI.

Are you running a FL now ? I have watched videos with the Water Plus on the LiGi. It looks decent. I have Water Plus enabled on on 48XX. To me, water levels are decent ONLY when you run it in a express cycle......I suspect it knows it's is a short cycle so it adds water to make up for it. On every other cycle, sometimes I will open up the soap dispenser and pour about 1 Gallon to 1 1/2 G from a Juice Container with water from the adjacent sink...just to get more water in the wash cycle.

Good luck with the search.

• jkxs

@a1an I am running an old (15+ years) top-loader (Kenmore SM 9711034A) that uses a ton of water. I only run cold water cycles so I'm not missing much from holding off on a washer. I think I am going to put this washer business off until a new residential W1/T1 is released. I will keep LG in the back of my mind for the Costco warranty. Thank you.

• a1an

Only plus I can put in with having the FL (if it is indeed more gentler), is that our dry cleaning is down 80% and we clean many items on delicates, low spin, etc cycles.

It might be a -few- years before a W2/T2 comes out...

• Jack Miller

Drying a set of Sheets in a Miele Dryer (T1). What cycle do people recommend? Normal seems to just get the sheets all twisted up.

• delray33483

there is a Bed Linens setting under the More Programs selection. Scroll down a few when the display shows up

• delray33483

jkxs - if you want it all, you have to pay for it all. Commercial grade appliances come with commercial grade prices. Thats why th eLittle Giant costs what it does. Size is one thing, but programability (and life span) is what you are paying for

doubtful that any W1 upgrade is coming anytime soon

• malba2366

I purchased my washer/dryer through ABT.com They sell a square trade 5 year warranty on there for only $99. I called square trade before purchasing and asked them for the servicer in my area (since they get to chose) and they looked it up and told me that they would pay Miele for the service as Miele repairs appliances themselves in my area, and does not have any other independent certified repair companies in the area. I also used my costco citibank card which adds another 2 years on top as long as the extended warranty is on the same invoice for a total of 7 years warranty,

• Cal

Adding some more info/data for others reading this thread.....

Fall cleaning, washed 30 undershirts and 7 pairs of socks. Everything came out perfect. Machine would have had no issues if I added another 10 shirts or so.