Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_938105170

Mohawk Revwood Plus laminate choice

3 years ago

I am trying to decide between a few of the color options under Mowhawk Revwood Plus lines. If you have used any of these and have pictures please please share! Thanks!

Elderwood: Asher Gray Oak

Hartwick: Ironcast Maple or Skyline Maple

Antique Craft: Stone Hearth Oak

Southbury: Medieval Gray

Stone Hearth Oak was my favorite but I’m scared with the planks being 6.5 ft long it is just too long for my smaller house. I’m doing my main level in my townhouse which is 600 sq ft.

Comments (26)

• 3 years ago

Have you made a decision? I'm looking at the same ones as you. I have the stone hearth oak and ironcast maple here now. I'm thinking the ironcast maple has too much black coloring for me. My cabinets are espresso, which looks black. I also have the Revwood Select in Mist Hickory which I like, but can't find reviews on the Select line. The floor store is holding the Asher Gray and Medieval Gray for me to pick up.

I've been searching for some pictures too. I can see what you mean about the planks being long for a small space. I'm not sure if that would be a deal breaker or not--I'm horrible with design decisions. I'll be checking back to see if you made any decisions.

• 3 years ago

I am reading that Mohawk has had quite a few bad revies and is not holding their warranty well. Anyone in the know?

I am looking at laminate as my first choice too.

• 3 years ago

Is the bad reviews for the Revwood? I haven't seen any bad reviews of the Revwood Plus. We currently have engineered wood floors by Mohawk that did not hold up well. They are replacing them for us, and I didn't want to go with another of their engineered, so I'm leaning towards the Revwood.

• 3 years ago

• 3 years ago

I choose Asher Gray Oak only bc it was available for delivery at my local store one month before Stone Hearth Oak. It has not been delivered yet. Below stone Hearth Oak picture I found on Facebook.

• 3 years ago

Everything I read revwood plus is better than select because of the waterproof. Select is not the same. The revwood install should be done with foam backer rod around the outside edging and silicone put between the moulding and floor to make it waterproof and warranty valid.

• 3 years ago

Thanks for the picture. My sample of Stone Hearth looks more gray than the above picture. But I do like it.

• 3 years ago

following...trying to decide on which Revwood Plus color , the youtube videos on Revwood are impressive

• 3 years ago

Hi! The sample if Asher Gray Oak that I have seen has no brownish tones. Is the OP sure that was Asher Gray, or was it Sandbank Gray?

• 3 years ago

The Gray appearance is probably coming from the Gray walls. Wall colours do plenty to alter the look of floors.

• 3 years ago

it’s just the picture that makes it look like brownish tones. This is def Asher gray oak. It’s actually more gray than I thought it would be which I was happy about. Couch is gray also...

• 3 years ago

Oh! That is good to hear. I was concerned there for a while. I chose it for the gray, and awaiting install.

• 3 years ago

Was this installation over concrete or wooden subfloor? What underlayment and moisture barrier did you use? I loved the way the Asher Gray Oak store sample changed hues depending on the lighting and surrounding wall colors.

• 3 years ago

I used the underlayment that was recommended by the retail location where I bought the flooring, this was installed on wood subfloor second level of the house

• 3 years ago

Any noticeable hollow sound? Can you recall if that was foam or cork underlayment?

• 3 years ago

Definitely no sound. Although we replaced our whole subfloor being the house in 45 years old and subfloor was partially rotting, soft, etc. so we have a new solid base. Here is pic of underlayment we used. On the invoice the store called it ‘Quiet Eleg Pad’.

• 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Thank you for sharing this information! Looks like it is foam but has built in moisture barrier and rubber, too: https://lpflooringproducts.com/acoustical-underlayment/laminate-engineered-and-solid-hardwood-underlayment/quiet-elegance

Glad to know the sound dampening is effective.

• 3 years ago

Hello again! Can you please tell me if you had perimeter sealing with your Revwood Plus installation? Also, what is your experience with warranty and how did presence or lack of perimeter sealing affect your warranty claim?

• 3 years ago

Perimeter 'sealing' is for the acoustics not the RevWood product. The perimeter sealing uses an acoustic foam at all walls + outlets, etc. It should not affect the RevWood, because you are not using for flooring. You are using it for the noise.

• 3 years ago

See minute 8 and 5 seconds. The perimeter sealing is required for waterproof system and all warranty coverage. https://youtu.be/S_gjiK7mBBA

• 3 years ago

I made sure to have the guys use silicone under all the new base moulding to seal the perimeter .

• 2 years ago

Do you still

have a box of spare Asher Gray Oak planks? If so, would you mind sharing a photo of the box and labels (big and small)? I am having the same flooring installed but questioning why the box label in the center only reads "Revwood", not Revwood Plus. See photo.

• 2 years ago

Turns out the boxes are labeled in that way: "Revwood", even if the actual product is Revwood Plus. There is an insert instead with "Revwood Plus" printed on it.

Also, if you were using Mohawk MoistureGuard or SoundGuard or SilentGuard underlayments, the brand name shown on the label is "Performance Accessories". I have seen the blue colored one (MoistureGuard) is "Value Underlayment" and the white one (SilentGuard) is "Premium Underlayment". Confusing choice by Mohawk.