Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dlg2024

Suggestions for the mirror above this vanity? Thanks in advance!

2 months ago

Comments (13)

• 2 months ago

Lovely teal tile.

What light fixture are you using? What are the floors? Tile Wood???

How much mirror do you need? The trend are these small round or square mirrors but if this is a master bath you may want a large mirror

Are you doing a different hardware on your cabinet than your faucet? What mental is the light fixture?

A few ideas....

Montgomery · More Info

Mercer Island Powder Room · More Info

Riverview Condo · More Info

Powder Room in former closet by Bay Area Contractor · More Info

Island Road · More Info

Diana Greenlee thanked Boxerpal
  • 2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

This is a master bath, and i would like a bigger mirror but worry because the angle on the left wall will make it impossible to go the full width of the vanity. would to look weird to pit the mirror over the flat part only? I’m wanting to do a light bar above it with black and chrome metal. the floors are luxury vinyl; a whitewash with some warm tones.

• 2 months ago

Try an oval mirror. That shape might de-emphasize that sink isn’t centered on wall behind it & also it could probably be hung lower with the bottom ’point’ of oval at least slightly lower than the top of the 2 outlets. Make a paper mock up of a large oval mirror size to see what it would look like

• PRO
    2 months ago

I would have carried the tile over the vanity

• 2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Wow! I really like that! I wonder if I could just paint it that color? That's way better! Thank you so much!

• 2 months ago

Here is a mirror on a sink that is not centered with light bars.

The tile is the frame

Organic boutique master bathroom remodel · More Info

Look how nice it would be if you could tile entire wall like this one

Chevy Chase - Mid Century · More Info

Fremont Modern Master Bath · More Info

• 2 months ago

It does but I think it would be too much of that tile in the room, since the shower next to it is also that tile. It would also be hard to hang items on that wall. I was thinking of painting that wall a color close to the tile color, though. Do people do that? Would that look okay? Thanks so much for your input! I'm feeling better about the project!!

• 2 months ago

Diana, @BeverlyFLADeziner showed what the tile color extended over the wall behind the sink & an oval mirror look like & they both look great IMO. You can get an exact match to tile color in paint but if the tile finish & paint sheen aren’t the same matte or shiny the color will look ”the same but different” which is ok.

Diana Greenlee thanked KW PNW Z8
  • 2 months ago

The problem is the left side outlet, not the uncentered sink. The outlet won’t let you center a mirror over the sink. Any chance your electrician can move it or is a stud in the way? Maybe painting the mirror frame same color as the wall will trick the eye into thinking the mirror is centered, or maybe getting a trifold mirror?

Diana Greenlee thanked marylut
  • 2 months ago

What does the rest of the bathroom look like? Add a few more photos in a comment!

• 2 months ago

@marylut: You're right! I hadn't really noticed but that is part of what's making this weird! I asked the electrician and he said it's a no-go. I'm going to try to get him to move the GFI to the right side and put a cover on the left side - and then just paint it to match the wall. Hopefully that will minimize the effect and make it easier to center the mirror. The off-center mirror will bother me much more than having only one outlet.

• 2 months ago

I love that idea. I have one now, and have been trying to think of a way to incorporate one into the design. Thank you!