Seeley Family RoomTraditional Family Room, Chicago
Where to use the paint color?
- I am currently building a house with Avery open floor plan. I want to use this wall color, trim color, and ceiling color. Would you recommend doing the same ceilings and trim colors throughout the whole downstairs and the upstairss bedrooms. I was thinking about doing a blue color for my kitchen but it is open to my great room. I have dark hardwood floors and off white cabinets. Any help would be appreciatd.
Is the coffered ceiling in Mayonnaise as well? Is the ceiling in the Kitchen Mayonnaise?
- I have a very similar floor plan and was wondering if I should paint the coffered ceiling (Molding and ceiling) the same color as the ceiling or should it be the trim color? or should the part that is on the ceiling be the color of the walls? You have amazing design sense! Thanks in advance!
100% shaker beige?
- I know the walls are BM shaker beige but are they at full color or 50%? My shaker is coming out darker/richer even in my breakfast room during the day which as lots if natural light. Would anyone recommend using shaker at a lower % or picking a lighter beige altogether? Like BM Grant beige?
love this room! jus wanted 2 ask your opinion
- do u think the colors in this room you used for furniture would go with revere peweter walls?
to acheive the color that I see on the wall which appears to be darker than other photos of shaker beige,
- what was it mixed with?
- How do I access my idea book? I have saved many pictures of things I like but can't find them.
Bathroom wall and closets
- After many months I have decided to paint my open lr/dr/kit/hallways shaker beige based on your lovely designs and responses. I may even go shaker in the entire house except for bathrooms. I have cherry cabinetry and brown/gray muted tile. Would the white either linen or mayo work as a wall color. Neither bath gets natural light?
Painters coming in a couple of weeks. Thank you.
- I absolutely love the look of this room! My quesion is this - if I have solid oak trim which will be stained instead of painted white, as in this room, do you feel this look could still be pulled off. I love the clean, calm feeling this room puts out there.
- How did you conceal the table lamp wires? This topic is stressing me out! We have end tables that are exposed on all sides with an outlet on the wall. Thanks!
how big is this family room? in meter square? thank you
- how big is this family room? in meter square? thank you
What is the measurement of the room from the kitchen wall through to beyond the photo where the table is
- We are in the planning stages of a renovation and addition and I love the dimensions of the kitchen and eating area in the picture. If I knew the measurements of the length of the whole area from the kitchen to the back it would help me visualize our plans better as there are similarities to our layout. I have a hard time reading floor plans so this would be helpful. Thanks and beautiful home!
Number of can lights?
- Lovely design!!!
We are currently building a new house in NC, and we will have coffered ceilings in our great room. We are also using can lighting. Can you tell me if every square in this coffered ceiling has a can light? I cannot decide how many to put in our room. I don't want the cans to be overpowering, but how do you pick where to put them if you just have a few? Thank you so much for your time!
- Please illuminate me on your choice of rug. Is it custom or can it be purchased in various sizes. Please list vendor and color, pattern #, etc. Thank you.
- What is the ceiling height in this room? I love the coffered ceiling design - do you know how deep the mouldings are?
- I love the sectional and would like to find a similar style. Could you tell me the name of the manufacturer? Your room looks wonderful!
I have the same
- My family room,kitchen and eating area are the same but on a smaller tighter scale. I love the way you decorate. May I send you some pictures and have you help me decorate with what I have?
- Where can I find this ottoman? Or, where could I find a top grain leather ottoman that is similar?
Is tile, wood and carpet all in downstairs too much?
- I have old tile in kitchen, want to put new carpet in family room and stairs and new wood in living room, dining and walkways. Is that too many types of flooring? The only place you will see all 3 are kitchen to walkway to family room. I have considered the dark hard wood in the kitchen to replace the old tile but cant open that can of worms right now. And I have light oak cabinets which I wondered how the dark floor would look
What color is the kitchen island and what type of wood flooring
- What is the kitchen island color and what type of wood floor
Michael I luv all your work and have question about lighting
- I have purchased a drum light like the one used in the dining room, however I notice in this room the lights are not all drum. Is this okay? Do you have advice on what would be ideal for a grand entry chandelier? I appreciate any help. thank you
- Hi, is there any chance you recall the height of ceiling? I'm considering double cabinets like this and trying to decide on sizing. Are these 30" cabinets with 18" toppers or 36 & 12? I appreciate any help!
Love the kitchen cabinet layout!
- Are there any other photos of the kitchen from a different angle? Would love to see picture of the cabinets with the range and picture of the cabinets under the island. It appears there is a different backsplash around the range vs the rest of cabinets? Is the dark backsplash used in separate cabinets or are they part of one long run of cabinets? Thank you.
wHERE DID U GET THE FABRIC FOR THE SECTIONAL...THAT IS THE EXACT COLOR i AM LOOKING FOR TO
- RE-UPHOLSTER MY SOFA BY HENREDON WHICH IS DONE IN A BEIGE/TAUPE COLOR...THX
Michael, love your designs!!
- Could you please share where are the kitchen cabinets from and what was the door style used here? I would also love to know what is the backsplash. Thanks
We do the chandelier shades come from ?
- They seem to have a slightly different shape that most of the ones I see. Also, what are they made of?
Thanks in advance. I'm new to this sight and look forward to seeing more of you work - kudos
Pendants vs Chandelier?
Wondering if I can mix up the brass chandelier and nickel pendants? It works in this room! I was told to stick to the same metals.
- Your design is absolutely stunning. The colors in the room are very and inviting. What fabrics are used on the throw pillows?
Your work is exquisite. Has a designer do you feel that with open floor plans the room colors should be cohesive and flowing or do you treat each room seperately? I love the color scheme in this room but I can't pull it together as my one window on the left side of my fireplace is a lot smaller than the other side of the fireplace that is double the size in windows? How would you disquise such an anomaly?
- Beautiful Window Covering. Can you share the specifics? Where is it from, what is it made of..ect? THANKS!
- What era/style does the Seeley room represent? What did the client ask for that caused you to come up with this result?
The complete package of the Seely Family Room is wonderful and made me smile. Thank you for inspiration.
- I really like the 6 piece tiled artwork - can you tell me the artist, or where it can be purchased?
What is the dimension and sqft of this room? Thank you
- I'm remodeling a 530 sqft area, is this area around that size? Please help thank you
- what kind/color of stone is on the island and perimeter countertops? also, is the island a true ebony color or is it a dark, warm brown? thanks!
color for accent wall for porcelain tile, barrique ecru color?
- put in porcelain tile called barrique in ecru color. I would like to know what color to use for accent wall and cieling wall and other coordinating walls. thank you
- What paint colour are the kitchen cabinets?
And do you have a personal preference between white and dark kitchen cabinets? and why?
What Houzz contributors are saying:
If you want to mix your lamps in the safest possible way, replicate this design, in which the chandelier, kitchen pendants and table lamp are different but unified by their similar color and finish.Find lighting in every color and finish
Carpeting, upholstery and window and wall coverings all help absorb sound. The tray ceiling and wood trim here act like acoustic tiles, providing more nooks, crannies and surfaces for sound to wrap around. This creates both better audio quality and less din for those in other parts of the great room who might be bothered by the noise or be doing something else, like talking, reading or working on homework.