Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katy1962

Exterior Update

katy1962
10 days ago

Landscaping & Exterior · More Info

Would like to update exterior which is currently linen colour vinyl siding. I would like to add some stone but not sure of placement.

Comments (11)

• PRO
    PPF.
    10 days ago

Seems this was discussed back in 2017.

• katy1962
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Yes it was! Very little change except for front steps. I will not be adding anything major at this point, just something for interest.

• housegal200
    10 days ago

Paint your doors blue or red, ditto your Adirondack chairs in the covered area, and call it a day! No stone add-ons though Hallett's idea of attractive stone stoop is something to consider instead of pointless stone add-on.

Cozy Cottage · More Info

Grover Condos · More Info

Residential Projects · More Info

Susan's Cottage: Studio with Upstairs Loft · More Info

• katy1962
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Thanks!

• lmckuin
    10 days ago

Is there really no way to get to your front door except by walking through the grass? Do people get confused and go to the door in the garage instead? I think a priority would be to make that door by the garage blend in (remove the wreath/ don’t paint it a color) and make it more inviting to go to your front door - make a path, build nicer steps, paint that door/ put a wreath on it). I like the idea of Adirondack chairs in that covered area to match your front door.

• katy1962
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Thanks. Everyone goes through the garage (door in front and back). I do like the idea of painting door (s) but which one (s) and what about overhead door?

• RedRyder
    10 days ago

Adding stone at the foundation level will give your house a feeling of being more “grounded”. Here are photos of my friends’ newly sided ranch. Note the white/grey stone along the bottom. They added that.

katy1962 thanked RedRyder
  • housegal200
    10 days ago

If you have the budget at some point, what would really make your house and entry more inviting is a patio walkway from the driveway to your actual front door and that would be the main entry. Minimize garage entry by keeping it white with the main entry door a bright color.

Evanston Residence - Eclectic Colonial · More Info

katy1962 thanked housegal200
  • btydrvn
    10 days ago

How about painting the trim a pretty color?.. and is all the siding the same color?

• katy1962
    Original Author
    10 days ago

The trim is all plastic so not paintable and yes the siding is all the same colour. The only thing I can paint is the door(s).