Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jan_on

First post of a photo -- I hope

12 years ago

Most of my hostas are still pretty small, but this one is looking very nice. It's my favourite (this week!)

Jan{{gwi:963237}}

Comments (8)

• 12 years ago

Oops -- it had a title. Where did it go? This is H.'Midlife Crisis - Tummy Tuck' a TC sport of Marmalade.
    Jan

• 12 years ago

Very pretty! I like the way you said "my favorite this week."
    That is how I seem to be, constantly changing my mind as the hosta grow and change.

chris

• 12 years ago

beautiful plant, it appears the area has been pelted with small meteors .. or pine cones ;)

• 12 years ago

Very nice plant very pretty. I understand 'this week' as I do it myself. I also give awards for some of mine, most grown, best of the year etc. Paula

• 12 years ago

Very pretty! I am very partial to that coloring.

• 12 years ago

oooo--- wheeeeeee

welcome to the 21st century!!! .. lol ...

now.. the next trick.. take your pix.. after dinner if possible ... the light will be more gentle ... giving you deeper colored pix.. though i have to say.. this one is quite good in full sun ..

on the color wheel.. the opposite of blue.. is pink.. so right when the sky starts turning pink at sunset.. you will capture the best blues .... until it gets too dark .. and i have never had any luck with using the flash .. time to stop at that point ...

one final thing.. ONLY use your photo editor ... for contrast [sometimes called .. carp.. some latin name i just blanked on.. lol ] .. NEVER fool with color manipulation ... we will know ...

cant wait to see more pix .. thx

ken

ps: it Gamma in some editors ...

• 12 years ago

Hey Ken -- thanks for the encouragement and tips. I have to admit that my son did a bit of hand holding through this process -- I have only downloaded photos to my desktop before and the process to my laptop seems to be more complicated. Anyway, I'm wishing I had taken photos last fall when I planted most of my hostas because I would really like to have a basis of comparison. Now I know to keep lots of records!
    Jan

• 12 years ago

Way to go Jan!!
    Gorgeous plant, I like the stitching and the color.
    MidLife Crisis, huh? well, too late for that, I've already had two of those.

I don't mess with the software to put pictures on my computer. I take out the memory card, stick it in the reader port on the computer (which makes it a drive letter, something like "G", and then CUT from that and PASTE it into a folder for the month it was taken....like 2012-04 for this month. To make sure I don't lose all my thousands of pictures I have a Western Digital 1-T sized external tiny Ambassador drive, so I can switch it from one computer to another. I put all my personal files on that drive. Mostly pictures and videos.