Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_647191187

Suggestions for a Light Color, low variation, no bevel, LVP

2 years ago

I'm looking for suggestions for an LVP brand/model that has the following:

-light-oak sort of color

-minimal to no texturing/EIR (ease of cleaning)

-little to no knots or strong lines/patterning

-very little color variation

-little to no bevel

Something that looks like the photo above (which is not an LVP but hardwood)

Any suggestions? I've already looked at and ruled out the following:

-Flooret Modin Soho

-Cali Sandbar Oak

-Coretec Bedford Oak

-Coretec Cairo Oak

-Coretec Calypso Oak

-Coretec Ravenwood Oak

-Evoke Meghan

-Provenza Road trip

-Mannington Adura Swiss Oak Almond/Praline

-Shaw Silver Dollar

-Paradigm Conquest Enchantment

-Paradigm Conquest Estate

Comments (53)

• 2 years ago

@stina unfortunately not yet, still open to suggestions

• 2 years ago

I’m searching too!

• 2 years ago

What didn’t you like about Mannington? It’s my current front-runner, but I’m not sure on it.

• 2 years ago

I’m searching too!! My favorite is Cali dawn patrol but it’s too expensive. So next choices are Cali sandbar oak and paradigm conquest estate. I wanted to like flooret but it feels cheap to me and the click part is very easy to snap which is my random criteria.

• 2 years ago

Wait - can you share why you ruled out the ones you ruled out?

• 2 years ago

You may like medieval Valencian

• 2 years ago

Oh another one I like but I think is too expensive (and very new, can’t find a lot about it), is https://www.vellichorfloors.com/vc-502

• PRO
    2 years ago

Really, these didn't work for you?

• 2 years ago

@BeverlyFLAD, do you have any photos of nucore Sugarloaf or Stanton weatherly installed on a site? I wasn't able to find a real installation photo of it online.

@Amanda, have you seen any photos of Cali dawn patrol installed? Cali Sandbar oak unfortunately has a bevel which we don't want. Vellichor Garnet/Vc-502 unfortunately isn't even in color enough for us (see photo of it installed, shared by the vendor). Medieval Valencian is our current pick due to its eveness, but it does have some strong texturing which concerns us for cleaning. I also agree that Flooret is too thin, and installation photos I've seen here of the Flooret Lato Base show a fair amount of plank to plank variation. Usually color variation between planks or within a plank is what makes those in the list a no go.

@cynthia, the website photos of the karndean are not even in color enough for us.

@stina, mannington had a decent amount of color variation between and within boards, and the knots were dark and pronounced on them if I recall correctly -felt too rustic for our taste.

• 2 years ago

No I haven’t seen dawn patrol installed I have been searching!

• 2 years ago

That photo is velichor garnet??? Woah so different from the site and what it looked like from the boards in store! My concern with medieval is that it may be too golden for me. The photos are great but in person my sample is pretty yellow.

• PRO
    2 years ago

Look at Coretec Shoreline Maple. I am putting this into our new house.

• 2 years ago

i just bought a box of Vellichor Whirlpool, which seems to fit your needs. It doesn't look as varied out of the box as it does on Vellichor's website. If you are intersted, I can take a photo when I am back at the house this weekend. I also think "Blackeye" might suit your needs. On the website, the photo shows very little variation.

• PRO
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Try our Lille WPC 8mm x 7" x 60"

LILLE

• PRO
    last year

Eric, have you picked a floor? Down’s life H20 (also sold as other brand names through a few other stores) has a light one you might like. Online pictures of it suck, but I took a pic at home when I had sample boards. Jade cove moss. Very pretty in person.

• last year

@schaarfamily21 do you have photos of shoreline maple installed yet? I am considering this and cannot find many photos. Thank you!

• last year

I’d love to see photos also. The sample is lovely but seeing it installed would be so helpful. 😀 Thanks!!

• PRO
    last year

Seems like you did quite a good research for the right LVP. Well! LVP is a better option than hardwood in many aspects. Since you are looking for a light-colored variation, a few picks you can consider include Shaw Floorte Palatino Plus (Stadium) along with products from Smartcore, Stainmaster, and more brands.

• PRO
    last year

@Eric Yam, did you ever choose a floor, I feel your pain, I am looking for the same. What did you end up choosing?

• PRO
    last year
    last modified: last year

Here are a couple of pictures Elegance Plyquet WPC Sheridan. Hope you like them.

• last year

Stay away from Lions brand flooring. The interlocking strips fall off at the slightest touch against another plank, which is the installation process. both the short ends and long ends. Easily 80 percent breakage. After multiple attempts to make it work and calling out an installer, I returned the product -- only the unopened boxes could be returned, so I was out $1,000. I contacted the manufacturer directly and they wouldn't even talk to me. Said they couldn't due to confidentiality and referred me back to the store, where my salesman said anything that is "manhandled" enough will break.

• last year

Did you decide? I'm seriously considering Stanton State of Mind: Champagne. I've been looking at LVP flooring for over 17 months at mainly 6 different stores. We took a long time deciding our final kitchen cabinet order so I searched flooring off and on during that time. Recently I went to a different store and discovered the Stanton LVP display. (none of the other 6 stores carry it) Our cabinets are a light color, white oak, clear stain, with an application of something to prevent future oranging. When I was having no luck looking for a wood look flooring, we decided to look for a lighter cement/concrete tile LVP look. But when I saw the Stanton LVP wood look, it looked so good next to my cabinets. Then I went back to all 6 previous stores and could not find amything to compare to the color of the Stanton sample. So we're going to order a box and hoping we'll be satisfied enough to place a full order. We will be installing it in the kitchen, and adjacent living room and hallway, about 800 square feet and will cost much more than we had hoped. But I'm just so excited about how good the sample looks with my kitchen cabinets, we're ready to splurge.

• last year

did you decide? I am in the same boat. I have looked at Karndean, Stanton, Parkay, Nouvelle and nothing sticks

• last year

I'm going with Lions Flooring Lotus Clove color... best looking floor I've run across with 8 repeats.

BTW, there are a couple terrible review of Lions floor on houzz like the one above. If you look at the commenters history, it seems they signed up specifically to make that comment and poof they disappear never to comment again. Seems fishy to me but who knows.

• last year

Whatever you do dont pick Cairo Oak here is our experience with it...We put Cairo Oak by Coretec in out new build home from flooring liquidators in late 2021. We have 4 kids ages 9-1 and thought a LVP would be the most practical way to go. While I still agree LVP is great with kids this flooring is AWFUL! The color Cairo oak specifically eats anything it touches. Its sadly in our whole main floor so we are on it most of the day. This flooring makes holes in socks and in the knees of pants in literally two seconds. It has become quite costly replacing pants and sock for four kids. It is specifically this flooring. We have had other LVP flooring in past homes with kids and did not experience this. I tried reaching out to Coretec and got a careless response. It is very upsetting to spend such a large amount of money on flooring for a well known brand only to get a crappy quality in return. If you are looking at Cairo Oak from Coretec..keep looking. I wouldn't even recommend the brand after the way they handled their customer service.

• last year

Paul, if you are referring to me, I'm not fishy. I don't spend my time online. I stand by my horrible review of Lion's brand. Recently had a message on Yelp from someone who had the exact same experience and purchased at the same retailer....caveat emptor

• last year

Before ordering anything, especially some of the “Boutique” brands out there, order a sample of the actual plank. If the interlocking edges break off just by pushing with your fingers, DO NOT BUY IT.
    You will end up wasting boards that will not lay flat.

• PRO
    last year

Ordering a box before your full order is a great way to know exactly what you will install in your house. Here is a list of things you could find out: floor thickness, pad thickness, lock mechanism, repeat pattens, characters, etc.

• PRO
    last year

A box with 10 boards of this floor will give me a better understanding what size knots to expect and what are the repeats.

• last year

I ended up going with Stanton sandbar and I actually like the variations. I ordered a box which had six planks, so I could have a better idea Looking forward to placing it in my Home.

• last year

@apolsdorfer, have you seen the very long thread on Houzz regarding Cortec and holes in socks and pants, as well as dog's paws? I think maybe there were some people who got some sort of restitution from Coretec.

• last year

@Jaquelin Rivero I'm interested in the same product. When you get a chance/done w/ your install, I would love to see a pic!

• last year

You got it Ann! I am now in the process of checking out install quotes; I’m getting anywhere from $1.90 per square foot to 2.75. I can tell you, that the pictures are so deceiving! I have tried sending pictures to my family and even the angle of the phone totally changes the color of the floor 🤷🏻‍♀️

• last year

@ Ann Tran, I forgot to tag you

• last year

Does anyone have a photo of Floor & Decor Essex Dover installed? This is the floor I'm looking at and seems it would work nicely for this original ask - but not sure what it looks like installed in a a real home

• last year

What about Sugarloaf Park from Floor & Decor?

• last year

Eric, what did you end up going with?? I have bought a few boxes of Dawn Patrol, and Trucor Natural Oak, but Dawn patrol has too much variation and Trucor doesn't look and feel as real.

• last year

@kathy can you please send a pic I’m torn between two Stanton’s.

• last year

I went with Lions floor- Lotus Clove. I paired it with real wood steps and trim. It really put it over the top in terms of believability although it took bleaching and staining the real wood the extra effort really paid off. Absolutely no breakage problems when installing on a completely flat floor.

• last year

Thanks for posting pictures of your beautiful floors! I am also considering installing Lotus Clove this week, but am torn between that, Castle Forge, and Shangri La. I have a couple questions that would help me narrow down my choice.

1) Which picture of the 3 that you posted would you say most accurately shows the color of Lotus Clove when looking at it in person?

2) Would you describe the color as having a golden, pink, or gray undertone?

Thank you in advance!

• last year

I also considered those two other colors. The floor is a hard thing to photograph because of all the different lighting. I looked through my phone for a pic that looked most like it does in person. I took this pic yesterday when it was overcast... I think it's about right.

It's kind of a chameleon floor. You can see the red cat toy under the chair. The red seems to bring out a bit of a pink tone, more than is really there, I think. Closer to the doors, next to gray chair you see gray popping out. When I look at the floor I see a warm tan (golden) undertone with some gray streaks and because my red oak wood stairs are still a bit pink (despite bleaching) I see a little bit of pink in the floor, thankfully.

For a second, I regretted the Lotus clove when I laid out the first pieces in the strong light, I thought it was too bland and I should have been bolder with the color. It was so subtle. Once it went in and I let the warm sunset light and and the furniture colors (and cat toys) do their reflective thing I totally changed my mind. Lotus Clove is a realistic, plain white oak-look floor that doesn't draw too much attention to itself. I think it's great.

• last year

Oh my, this picture is pretty darn close to what I was looking for. I definitely want floors that are subtle and understated, but has a dynamic color aspect to them. Thank you for posting this picture. Cute cat btw! Glad you’re enjoying your floors!

• last year

Thanks! Whatever you pick be sure to post pics here.

• 10 months ago

Good morning, we finally finished putting down our floors and here are some pictures. Unfortunately, I can tell you that the camera, the lighting, the furniture…everything just seems to change the color
    I bought six full planks to make sure I was happy with my purchase before I ordered the whole house. I would say the best example is the one with the leather chair. I had no lights on, but large windows and French doors in this room.

• 10 months ago

Here is full Sun, Stanton sandbar

• 10 months ago

Thanks for all the pictures! I’ll be ready to door floors soon and get a bit overwhelmed when I start to do research on LVP. The pictures definitely help!

• PRO
    10 months ago

One of our designer customers just finished a new project with 8mm WPC Sheridan. Here are a few pictures.

• 4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

I ordered Stanton LVP: Golden State of Mind-Champagne. It was installed over the last 2 weeks, finished today. We still have finishing to do such as baseboards and door casings. I absolutely love 💜 it!

Taken in a north facing room with artificial light:

South facing room natural light.