Black Bathroom Ideas
Black may not be the first color that comes to mind when you’re looking for bathroom decor ideas. But when used well, it can be an incredibly chic interior color that’ll never go out of style. Read on to learn how to create your own classy and timeless black bathroom, and find even more inspiration in our photo gallery below.
1. Choose Your Color Scheme and Style
Black works with just about any decor style, so consider what sort of mood you want to create and what’ll match the rest of your home. Keep in mind, black does tend to make spaces look more compact, so you may want to use it sparingly in a small bathroom. You can also use it as an accent to other, lighter colors like white, blue, green and gold.
Three Black Bathroom Style Ideas
- Chic Parisian: If you love classic style, go for an elegant black and white bathroom with gold accents. Contrast a black clawfoot tub with a white vanity and use black and white floor tile.
- Contemporary Glam: Opt for a stylish, trendy look with black marble counters and surfaces and splashes of teal, gold or brown. Use playful floor tile or wallpaper to keep things from feeling too serious.
- Modern Farmhouse: Go for an austere, American Gothic look with white wood floors and wainscoting and a black clawfoot tub. Add in pops of color with a red rug or green houseplants.
2. Pick Out Fixtures You Love
If you’re looking for new bathroom fixtures, you don’t have to go all black. Instead, trying mixing and matching a white tub with a black marble vanity, or look for pieces with a black and white finish. Black bathroom cabinets can look striking against white subway tile, and round clear or frosted gloss pendant lights can add to a contemporary look. Or, go modern industrial with brushed metal faucets, concrete flooring and black shelving.
Popular Filters to Try: