Master BathroomContemporary Bathroom, Chicago
Large Tiles on Shower Floor
- Absolutely stunning. We are thinking of using large format tiles on our walk-in shower floor. Our tile installer has cautioned against it because it's harder to create the proper drain slope. How did you overcome this? Aesthetically, I'd rather use the same size tiles in the entire shower rather than using a mosaic size on the floor as he suggests.
Door next to shower?
- Hi, wondering if the door next to the shower is a toilet enclosure or a closet. Thanks!
Do you recommend sealing the marble in the shower enclosure?
- I just had a beautiful marble tile shower installed. Some of the tiles are showing water marks permanently. Mostly along the corners and around the edge of the inset. Our shower was sealed twice and I'm wondering if it was a mistake. Thank you for your help.
- It's hard to find a single basin large vanity. This one has lovely proportions as does the rest of the bathroom! Was this purchased (if so could you indicate where it's available) or was it custom made?
- My designer created shower with same floating seat as on the picture. Yet my constructors think that 3sm marble slab will break if attached only by under brackets and two out of three sides to the wall.
How thick is the marble in this application? How were the brackets hidden under the marble seat?
Thank you so much !
Shower Bench material
- My builder thinks the bench is 3-4" piece of marble and that a 3cm piece is too thin (we don't have access to anything thicker). Would you please let me know what size you used here? It is so beautiful and I would like to do the same. Thank you greatly for your response.
- It is hard to see what type and color floor you have inside the shower, can you please clarify? Is it slip resistant?
- Hi is that some type of cove lighting or string lights inside the shower stall? It may just be a reflection but I'm not sure.
Shower floor tiles
- I love this design but was cautioned against using the large planks on the floor because it would be a slip hazard and have no traction. How was that addressed in this shower? I want to build mine the same way this one was done!
- you mentioned in one question that tiles are calacatta marble and for ceiling u mentioned calacatta porcelain tile. i was wondering if all tiles (both walls and ceilings) and porcelain?
Love the shower pan. Where is it from?
- Would like to know the brand and model for the shower pan. Thanks!
Cabinet and door color?
- Love the rich color of the door and cabinets , could I get a name of it? Thanks
LED strip lighting details
- Hi - and beautiful job yet again. What type of LED tape did you use? (ie, manufacturer) And is 12V sufficient, or is that 24V? So is there just a 1 inch or so gap from the ceiling tile to the wall tile where you put the aluminum channel that held the tape to be recessed? Sorry for all the questions, just looking for best install details.
Is the countertop, shower wall tile and floor tile the same product?
- We're thinking of doing just that (with marble) in our new master bath which is also very large, but was worried it would be too much/matchy. Advice?
What temperature light bulbs?
- Would love to know what temperature light bulbs are used. Looks like 2700k for the sconces and then something cooler for the rest? This is my favorite bathroom on Houzz by the way! Thanks for any help.
Cantilevered shower seat
- This space is stunning!!
Can you please tell me if the shower seat meets up to the glass enclosure? If not, how much space is in between? Also, does it meet with stone on the wall side? Thank you!!!
Can I hire your firm to create this bathroom in my home
- I am doing a complete renovation for my master suite. Bedroom bathroom and closet. I am taking down all the interior walls and starting over. I need a professional to help me with the design process so I have drawings to give to my local builder and suppliers. How would I go about getting the team who designed this space? Thank you!
Same picture but two different designers how is this be possible?
- This picture is also available at:
by Michael Abrams Limited
Chicago, IL, US 60614 · 157 photos
what is the name of the shower door handle
- what is the name and were do I find this shower door exterior door handle?
Great glass door and wall. Where are these from?
- If these were custom made, what are the details about the glass? Tempered? Thickness, etc., and where did the mounting hardware and hinges come from?
Questions about tile
- Hi, a few questions about the tile. I understand you used 4 x 24" polished Carrera porcelain tile on the walls and ceilings, on the flooring which is 12x24" did you use a more honed porcelain tile to avoid slipping? Also is the bullnose on the exterior around the shower one solid piece of Carrera Marble cut to fit? If so what was the thickness? Lastly did you use an epoxy grout, do you know the color? Thanks for the help! It looks great!
- Hello. What is the ceiling height of the bathroom and the ceiling height of the shower?
- I love this marble. Where did you purchase this? The Calcutta I have seen is very veiny! This is mostly white.
Marble in a shower
- Is it a good material to use?
I don't want subway or small tiles because of all the grout lines that can develop mildew stains.
Was wondering what the shower dimensions are? We are planning a new ensuite and presently our shower is roughed in as 46 by 72 or 75. We have the space but was wondering if this would be too large but keeping in mind that everyone seems to love a huge walk in shower. We are going to have steam in the shower as well.
Installation of floating shower bench
- Is there any way you could email me the detailed drawings in your answer to Helen below? email@example.com It comes across blurry in this conversation stream on my computer.
How did you support or attach the floating bench to you shower wall?
- 'We are doing the same thing but not sure of the best way to support the seat. Also Where did you get the square handle for the shower door?
Lighting in the Shower
- I would like to know more about the lighting used in the shower. What kind of lighting was used to make sure it was waterproof? I want to install something of the same in my shower.
how are the glass tiles secured?
- i noticed the 12x12 tiles on the ceiling, i was hoping to do something similar on my foyer ceiling, could you please tell me how you secured the tiles to the ceiling? adhesive glue perhaps? thank you for your time!
Who installed the shower doors ?
- I like the very minimal hardware - just a channel on the stationary panel
would love to know where I can go to have this done
Linear Drain producer?
I was wondered if you could share with me the producer of the linear shower drain? The Brand?
Vents in shower?
- Did you put an exhaust or air vents in the shower. How do you handle the moisture?
crown molding & baseboard
- I read through all the questions (many asked several times), but I didn't see any discussion about the trim. The large crown looks similar to the calcutta marble, but I'm guessing it's wood with a faux finish? Also, the baseboard looks impressive. Is that wood as well? What are the dimensions of these trims? Looks like baseboard is about 10" and crown is 7"?
Beautiful project, by the way!
- A shower seat is a must, especially if you never bath. I need to shave my legs sitting down and I'm not that young.
Great Wall paper
- Can you tell me where I can buy the elitis Zanzibar grey wallpaper in the Us. It only seems to be sold on line in the UK
Bathroom is beautiful..
- I am renovating my bathroom want to do the same concept but on a much smaller scale..a 5x7 ny scale.. How ill the wall paper withstand heat and humidity in a high traffic bathroom?
Size of can lights
- Beautiful space! Can you please tell me if the size of the can lights are 3" or 4"? Thank you!
- Was this a 'unit' installed, or freely constructed? If a steam shower, where is the generator kept?
What type of lights were used for the shower, particularly the strip?
- Just curious how you created that light strip along the back wall. Looks very cool.
- Hi could you let me know the dimensions depth and length of the wall with the shower and concealed toilet room? thanks so much.
What kind of tile?
- What is the the kind of tile/marble did you use? What are the sizes on the floor of the bathroom, shower floor, wall and ceiling? Thanks!
Shower mold and drain concerns
- How do you stay on top of mold that comes with such a tightly sealed shower? Also, it the shower floor sloped to get to the concealed drain under the seat? Clever if the shower drains sufficiently.
How is the floating marble bench supported and installed?
- Hello, I think the floating marble bench looks absolutely stunning. We are looking to have a floating bench installed in our (soon to be) new shower stall. Was just hoping you would be able to shed some light as to how this was constructed and installed.