Ranch RemodelTraditional Bathroom, San Francisco
Master bathroom suite with slab and mosaic Calacatta Marble floors, slab counters and tiled walls. Crystal chandeliers and sconces highlighting custom painted inset cabinets.
Do these sciences provide enough light for makeup?
- I love the sconces but upon researching found they take 60 watt max. Does that provide ample light for makeup application, shaving, etc. or is there a separate place for that in this room? Or are there recessed cans I can't see? THANK YOU for your help. I'm leaning toward sconces that take 100 watt bulbs, as well as a can over each sink. I need to be able to see those little chin hairs I have to pluck! (please be honest and tell me if my plan too much lighting for that space:)
Molding around mirrors
- I have Robern medicine cabinets installed and I want to do something similar to the molding you have created around your mirrors. Can you give me some guidance on what size moldings you used. Thanks.
- What is the overall length of the vanity and how wide is each of the towers?!thanks!
Is the tub a drop-in?
- Hi, we are replacing our current tub which was all one piece which similar to the one in the picture. We want to install a drop-in tub with granite top and the picture frame molding much like you have. What I cannot tell from your photo is whether the tub and top surface is all one piece. Thank you so very much for your help on this matter.
P.S. This is a beautiful bathroom!
IS the floor honed or polished?
- The whole look is beautiful with the Calacatta! Looks like it is honed everywhere, but I am especially interested in the floor and counters. Thank you!!
Can you help me match the cabinet paint?
- I have a sample of the Ash color from Restoration Hardware you said was used to paint the cabinets, but it looks nothing like the color in the picture. In the picture , the cabinets look white/off white...when I tried the color on a piece of my cabinet, it looks almost like a light brown/beige color. Was the color used mixed lighter? I think I read that you used Benjamin Moore and had it matched....is it possible to get the BM color match. It is truly a spectacular bathroom. Ours is almost done except for the color matching on the cabinet color. Thanks so much for your help!!
Do you use a glaze on the cabinet. If yes, what color of glaze?
- I must say this is a piece of art and you are very generous in sharing your experience with others.
Countertop material and material around tub
- Can you provide what type of material you used for the countertop and surrounding the tub?
- You have been so courteous and kind sharing all of your hard work on this bathroom, but I have one more question to ask of you. All of the trim, i.e., crown molding, door facings, etc., what color did you use? I just love everything about this bathroom, just everything... Thank you so kindly.
Gorgeous Bathroom! Why did you put a little counter in linen tower?
- I am planning to put a linen tower beside my tub, and will have it less deep than counter to help with access into tub (small bathroom). I was going to have it all tower. I noticed that you have a little counter in front of the top portion of yours. What is the reasoning for that? Does that not make it too narrow to 'store linens, ie towels'? Thanks, Rae
What is the length of this vanity?
- I am remodeling my master bath and am looking different configurations. I have 92 inches of space for the vanity.
A marble substitute?
- This bathroom is gorgeous! I'd like to recreate it but don't want to use marble. What would you suggest I use for tile on floor , backsplash and counters to get a similar look at lower cost and with less maintenance than marble? Thank you!
- I love the sconces in this bathroom. I can't find anything similar anywhere! Can you share where these are from? Thank you!
Who makes the toilet and sinks? Are they white? Love all the details!
- Who makes the toilet and sinks? Are
LOVE THIS BATHROOM!
- Will you please tell me where you found the mirrors and what size? You are so nice to give all this info to people. Thank you!
- I know you have a link to the tub in an earlier question but I still could not tell if it was an under mount or drop in. I know if it is an undercount you have the expense of polishing the opening for the tub. Have you ever seen anyone do the surround like picture molding so that so much of the slab is not wasted
What finish is the faucet since lights are polish nickel wonder chrome
- I am wondering if a chrome faucet work with polish nickel sconce lights?
- Hello could you please tell me where I can find this chandelier? It is the size I need and it is absolutely stunning. Any help is appreciated, thank you!!
- I have looked up this chandelier and it is 18H x 19W. It looks much larger in this photo. Can you confirm that this is the size that was used? Do you know how big this bath is?
What are the dimensions of the vanity?
- What are the dimensions of the vanity including the 2 side towers and excluding the 2 side towers?
Who is the maker of these cabinets?
- This is a gorgeous bathroom. I love the calacatta marble and bathroom design. Who is the manufacturer of the cabinets? Thank you.
- Can you tell me the dimensions of the drawers under the counters? Are they all the same height?
Is the side of the tub custom woodwork or is that a waterproof siding designed specifically for a tub?
love this bathroom !! Can you tell me who and where I can get this decorative floor tile ??Thankyou
- The tile makes the floor look like a centerpiece. I would like to try to do
this in my masterbath remoldel.
- Just wanted to say "thank you" for sharing so much information for this remodel. Many times questions go unanswered on this site, but you guys answered every question...and some over and over again! Just shows the integrity of your company. Beautiful job & excellent customer service. I am sure your company goes above and beyond to make your clients happy. I can only hope that my bathroom comes out this lovely!
Does the 22"width include the frame??How wide is the frame?
- Looking for a frame to be between 20-22 inches wide. Not sure how high to make the mirror. My ceiling is 7'8" high - not your standard 8' high. I have 3 sconces and the vanity top is 68 inches long.
Love the PN Logan sconce but is a chrome faucet going to look ok ?
- I'm trying to stay as timeless as can so just doing chrome faucets throughout. What finish of faucet is this?
Fabulous space! Need help with recessed lighting.
- I have an 8' 4" vanity in 3 sections - sink, sit-down vanity, sink. I'll have 4 100 watt sconces on the sides of 3 mirrors surrounded by trim that matches the cabinets. I have a sloped ceiling and plan to use 3, 4" gimbal ring recessed cans to augment lighting. What type of light should be used and how far from the mirror should they be? I'm worried about having enough light because I am accustomed to the 400 watts of Hollywood lights I'm replacing. Thank you for any help you can give!
Perfect space! Need lighting advice
- How far out from the mirror should I install the overhead can lights that I need to supplement the sconce lighting? My 8 ft. Vanity is broken into 3 sections ( 36" sink, sit down makeup area, and sink). And how many 4" can should o use - 3 or 4? I will have 4 sconces at 60 watts each. The problem is that I am replacing "Hollywood " lights that have 400 watts! What a change! Your room is fabulous! Thank you in advance for any help you could give me!