Shop Products
justcallmepool

Help picking Fabrics and other fun

justcallmepool

I finally have a dining table and chairs and wm ready to choose some fabrics! I have these 8 vintage black chairs that need new seat covers and I want to add some drapes in the dining room.

I have a semi-open concept in that the Dining room is in the middle between the living room (more formal-ish) and the kitchen/family room combo (more casual space).

I am going for a Tropical/British colonial/palm beach feel throughout my house. Thinking Tropical glam for the dining room.

What do do y’all think of this fabric combo?

Palm leaf fabric for drapes and black & white small leopard print for the chair seats.

Fabrics

Buy the Genevieve Gorder Hojas Cubanas Rainforest Home Décor Fabric at Michaels · More Info

Premier Prints Lawson Sable - Discount Designer Fabric - Fabric.com · More Info

My mockup

Comments (10K)

Home Interiors With Ease

Looked up wallpaper similar to the image Flo posted..the walls are grass cloth not paint but did color snap and found some really pretty colors for the bathroom walls to consider.

• justcallmepool

Oh HIWE, thank you! I didn't realize that's why you were asking for the paint color. Duh me!

I like the Sand Dollar color. Some of those colors remind me of the pale tan paint I had in my LR and still have in my family room haha. I will pull it out and see what it is. I remember I tried to pick a color that reminded me of sand!

I've picked these 3 for the wall I think. I like they are different scenes, has a car in one (that was a must have haha), has that green color of my vanity, light and bright compared to others.

Everyone really liked the sunset with the blue door, including me, but it felt too orange. I'm posting it again and may order it also just to see.

I also like these but struggled pairing them with others.

Design Interior South

Good gracious a lot going on. Pool with your heavily gray veined tiles i would lean more into the pink undertones than the yellow/tans for your paint. I also think a more muted "older" look on the posters would better tie them into your cigar box collection. If you cant find that look it can easily be achieved on the ones you found by using a brown glaze on them.

justcallmepool thanked Design Interior South
  • pat1250

Me thinks that if you’re doing 3 prints then one should have the car - classic Cuban style. And if you do 4 prints, then the 2 car images as bookends in the group.

Flo Mangan

I have been playing with prints and wall color and gray veined tile in shower and on your floor. Can you post the nearest SW paint color on the vanity please. I haven’t liked any color on the walls except nice neutral with art. And boxes. The boxes and art are rather bohemian in style and the rest of your room is chic modern. Kinda clash in my mind? Would a sage type green work? Or a blue with lots of gray. It’s going to be tricky pulling this together. Have you looked for black and white posters? That would work better. I will keep looking.

Flo Mangan

I know you have an imagine of the Cuban colorful art, but it is somewhat at discord with your tiles. I went shopping and there are black and white pictures with bright colored cars in Cuban street scenes. I think a single large picture would compliment your boxes so well and tie in tiling. You can pick color you love best. Multiple pictures on both walls might be too much?

Home Interiors With Ease

I disagree about pale yellow or a warm sand not working with grey…they look so pretty together…

Flo Mangan

Plus the green vanity. Doesn’t work for me but up to you pool. Just think about the overall look you are hoping for. Plus, colorful art? Something to ponder and be careful of choices.

Flo Mangan

I think with the boxes and colorful art, and your somewhat busy tile, I would go quiet on wall color. That way the main n wall hangings keep the attention.

• Alice Edwards

Maybe order the art and get it in there then look at wall paint color? Something mild from the art?

Window Accents by Vanessa Downs

Pool, like the 3 posters you chose. They go well with one another and you have your car in one. I think those will make a statement in the room! Get those in and then decide on wall color.

Home Interiors With Ease

Pool can you post a up close photo of the vanity so we can see the color better.

• liasch

I favourite colour over going gray to match the tiles. I think the tiles will kind of recede once the rest of the room is done with more color.

Flo Mangan

Pool - are you ok? Or have we just given you headaches!!

• kjoy1

I love this William Morris wallpaper in this bathroom with a similar color vanity as you. It is $$$ but there might be a peel and stick option for less.

• justcallmepool

KJoy that is similar, thank you!

Haha Flo! I’m still around but my in laws are visiting this weekend. And they use that bathroom so I haven’t been able to get in there for a picture.

So I haven’t progressed in that bath at all.

I’ll look through my notes from building the house and see if I have the paint color written down somewhere.

Flo Mangan

Oh. So happy to hear you are having fun and not ignoring us!! lol. Enjoy your visit. See ya later!

• justcallmepool

I found a few other prints I like, and maybe even better. The colors are not as bold, more like water colors. I feel like they will go with the cigar boxes better. They are more expensive but if I like them better that's more important.

Here are the finals to choose from. I have 3-4 picked out I like best.

also the etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TravelPostersHQ?search_query=cuba

• liasch

I like the softer colors. I would still be tempted to do the perspective of the street as the Centre…with the street going off towards the right with the domed building in it as the center focal point. Number four.

justcallmepool thanked liasch
  • Molly

I like 4, 3, and 6 in that order on the walls. Love the dancer!

justcallmepool thanked Molly
  • kjoy1

I Enjoy 1, 5, 3

Home Interiors With Ease

3 and 4

• kcooz07

1 and 3

• justcallmepool

I like these 3. I used the floor tiles to roughly size them. The one on the left is 16x24 and the other two are 16x20. I think I like 16x20 best but I'll tape it out at home.

Use a wood frame similar to this, maybe not so rustic

Honey Belmont Frame by Studio Décor® | Michaels · More Info

Home Interiors With Ease

I think too many cars🤷🏼‍♀️for in a bathroom? any other one? Maybe just two large?

• Parker Murphy

I like 1 and 3. Focusing on a big drink as a focal point seems odd?

Window Accents by Vanessa Downs

I agree no drink in the bathroom (LOL) and use only 1 featuring cars. Up in the original first group I liked #1 - just an outdoor scene. Maybe that could work with the dancing lady and the outdoor scene with cars.

• Alice Edwards

1 3 and 6 with dancer in the center. In that order. The tall buildings in 1 and 6 in a way frame the dancer in the center and there is blue in each of those. Looking at it that way? Are you giving them just a smidge of matting?

• kjoy1

The drink is my favorite one! I have all my favorite drinks while taking a bath 🍷

justcallmepool thanked kjoy1
    Home Interiors With Ease

These paint colors were on my pintrest feed..

Home Interiors With Ease

Kjoy you know how to enjoy every moment in every room!

• Parker Murphy

I just had card club last week and had 3 partial wine bottles leftover. I have had a glass of wine every night since in the tub while I read- I just Finished Perfumist in Paris ( don't worry though, I only drink when I have leftovers from the holidays and card clubs)

• Parker Murphy

Pretty colors Julie for her bathroom.

• kjoy1

I never seem to have leftovers 🤔💃😉

• Parker Murphy

kjoy- I think I pick bad wines! There were eight of us and 3 bottles and they didn't even empty one. One hardly got touched. I am noy buying red again!

• justcallmepool

Kjoy I liked the drinks also! I may just get that one bc it is MY house and I like drinks haha

Also, I liked that it was a different perspective. Almost all the others from this etsy shop are the long street view with either cars or people.

So I'm back to the top 3 pictures in my post of 6.

Kjoy, which drink pic do you like best? I like different things about each one. I may ask the seller if he can modify them any. I'm already getting them without any white border.

Alice, I'm not planning on any matting. Just the print inside a thin wood frame.

• kjoy1

I liked 5 in particular because it was a close up view and got my attention. The others were far off views of horizons and down long streets.

justcallmepool thanked kjoy1
  • justcallmepool

I ordered #s 1, 3,&5 in 16x20 size.

Now I really need to find a light fixture.

Also, my bff gave me this little plant pot at xmas and yesterday I added a plant. I thought I'd find a fun cactus to put in it, like a penis cactus or the drooping boob cactus haha, but I have lots of these plants to repot. And since my MIL is one of my few overnight guests I decided it's a fitting plant for now :)

Hall Bath · More Info

• justcallmepool

I saw these stained glass window/shutter things. I want to consider something like this. I love the sunlight coming through the window into the hallway, but also understand guests may feel exposed when showering. So having something that could be opened or closed would be awesome. But also I'm reasonable so it may not happen.

23 Art Deco-Inspired Bathrooms to Glam Up Your Life · More Info

Can I mix some brass in with the chrome? or no?

• kjoy1

I like mixed metals a lot 😍 Where will the stained window/shutter be going? On your door ?

• lolainlasvegas

Its going to be good. I am looking forward to the paint. Hoping for gorgeous, subtle pink peach.

Window Accents by Vanessa Downs

Your final poster choices look good together!

Home Interiors With Ease

I think your poster size may be too small? what is the wall width they will be on?

Home Interiors With Ease

Yes mix in antiqued brass…

• justcallmepool

HIWE, the wall width is 7 ft from shower to corner. The door covers about 2 ft when it is open. Plus I want to leave space for towel hooks next the shower door.

IDK. I held up some frames I have that were roughly the same size and thought it looked okay. fingers crossed bc they have been shipped!

Kjoy, the stained glass piece will go in the shower window. It is not frosted or anything and looks out into part of the garden in the side yard. There is rarely someone showering while someone is in the garden, so IMO it's not a necessity.

I've wanted to hang some flowering plants outside in that area, but also know I will probably forget to water them. Putting something outside the window to block some peeking in is also a possibility. Just need to think of it haha

Flo Mangan

Going to be fun! Might be able to put colorful non glass vases on window sill of shower window to block sone views. Or hang a stained glass panel up there. I am sure you will find something.

• liasch

Hm. Depends a bit on who you have taking showers in that room. I noticed my daughter-in-law closes the curtain in my bathroom when she uses it to shower…and there is absolutely no one in my backyard! you may know what the status quo is of your backyard but someone using shower may not.

• ladma

I don’t have curtains in my bathrooms, nobody back there, but the deer.

Flo Mangan

Here an out of the box idea for your window. Go to some stone yards and pick a small piece of onyx. So beautiful with back lighting. This is highend example but you would just get it finished on edges so it fit in opening with some drainage spots to avoid water sitting behind it. So many beautiful colors. I did this for a client in a huge shower and it was a beast to prep shower and panels at build stage but the final result was amazing. Very expensive but for one small window it wouldn’t be much at all. Fun!

• Molly

I like a cosy feel in a bathroom so understand the need for privacy and you do have neighbors. How long before your pictures arrive? Very impressive shower Flo!!