Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
justcallmepool

Help picking Fabrics and other fun

5 years ago

I finally have a dining table and chairs and wm ready to choose some fabrics! I have these 8 vintage black chairs that need new seat covers and I want to add some drapes in the dining room.

I have a semi-open concept in that the Dining room is in the middle between the living room (more formal-ish) and the kitchen/family room combo (more casual space).

I am going for a Tropical/British colonial/palm beach feel throughout my house. Thinking Tropical glam for the dining room.

What do do y’all think of this fabric combo?

Palm leaf fabric for drapes and black & white small leopard print for the chair seats.

Fabrics

Buy the Genevieve Gorder Hojas Cubanas Rainforest Home Décor Fabric at Michaels · More Info

Premier Prints Lawson Sable - Discount Designer Fabric - Fabric.com · More Info

My mockup

Comments (10K)

• last month

Love the green idea… you’ve come full circle!

• last month

I know you told me Julie! but I don’t like that color 😭😂

Thank you Lynn for adding the kick to my pants haha. Yes I’ve come full circle and I love green and blue is so over rated haha

In my SW book the green colors that match and I like are
    6717 lime Rickey
    6718 overt green
    6611 parakeet
    6725 pickle

It’s such a range of yellow green to blue green.

I have lime Rickey in the back of my china cabinet and love it. Maybe that’s a sign? 😬

• last month

👍🏻

• last month

Pool can we see the green light again?

• last month

I like the green Lynn posted…but for a bathroom, the really bright green colour feels too harsh. Still like the blues.

• last month

It’s Lime Ricky! Not really such a bright lime green.

justcallmepool thanked lynartist
  • PRO
    last month

Color snap matched it with SW Garden spot

justcallmepool thanked Home Interiors With Ease
  • PRO
    last month

Pool any SW or BM paint store can do a perfect match for you…just take the wallpaper in with you.

justcallmepool thanked Home Interiors With Ease
  • last month

You invited me over so hold on tight hahaha. Paint a chair rail darker red and keep the lower half either white or green. Not a fan of bringing in the blue but having said that Lynn’s mock up is perfection

justcallmepool thanked Seajay Sparkles
  • last month

The Asian paper definitely has a “pool” sensibility to it meant the Lynn mockup in blue

justcallmepool thanked Seajay Sparkles
  • last month

Seajay! Thanks for coming over :)

I like the idea of a chair rail. Especially since I do like the idea of tile on the bottom half, but won't have time for that until Thanksgiving maybe. I asked about that up above but I think it got skipped over.

I'm up for painting the top half with some kind of rail and leave the bottom half white. I better make sure I don't paint samples any lower haha

I can swing by a SW or BM tomorrow. I looked up Garden Spot and see on that same strip is Great Green. I had a bathroom that color before and it really was a great green. I could try that again.

Also, one of the colors I matched was Houseplant, and it just so happens I have a sample of that from painting the shed. I put a sample on the wall and it seems a little darker than I'd like to go.

I do like the color Pickle on the same strip (and I love pickles haha) & I may have an old sample of talipot palm, which is in between those two.

I'm going to try and get the wallpaper up tonight. that may help make a decision just seeing it outside the door.

I'm feeling much better about green!

• PRO
    29 days ago

I love the greens! Both lime Ricky and Garden spot look nice.

• PRO
    28 days ago

I have used Lime Ricky in two homes of clients and they love it. Great color. Better to get an established color from original vendor. Color “matching” is never right on due to proprietary base paint color. Sone colors are more successful than others. Love Seajay’s idea of painting the chair rail the red! Super fun.

• PRO
    28 days ago

Btw, I wanted to Thank you again Pool for helping me several years ago now procure these wonderful little sconces. Finally, have a perfect spot for them in this new house!

• PRO
    28 days ago

They look crooked in my photo but they aren’t irl. I have the remote battery candles in them and they are so cute!!

• PRO
    24 days ago

Pool did you make a decision?

• 24 days ago

Love those candle sconces Flo!

• 24 days ago

Hi , what dou choose finally ? I prefer the blue one .I purchased a blue sofa seat cover lately

• 17 days ago

Pool just checking in to make sure you are ok after the hurricane. Hope you came out unscathed!

• 17 days ago

Hi Molly!

We lost power but no damage, so I can't complain too much. Just a little complaining haha it's going to get hot today.

Thanks for checking on me :)

I'm trying to get motivated to paint the bathroom today. I went with a green, I can't remember the color. It's one shade darker than lime rickey on the strip. Think I'll paint the top half on a wall and see how that looks, but I may end up painting it all. With the white toilet, sink, & door, plus a window, mirror and art, I don't think it will be too much to paint it all.

Did you get your kitchen finished?

• 17 days ago

Great to hear from you Pool! Hope the power is back on or your generator is kicking out the AC! I’m looking forward to seeing your painted bathroom! I’m waiting on 1 more box of tile, hopefully it will arrive unbroken! Once it arrives, my installer will fit me in before hopefully too long! Then my wallpaper guy can come back and finish up. Lots of hopefully’s in this post. Haha

• 17 days ago

Pool those lineman (my son) are working their fannies off to get the power on. My son started at 5am yesterday and when I went to bed at 1:00 am est and checked his location he was still working 😢. First reports at 6:00am yesterday was that 2.3 million residents were without power. I would die without AC in that heat! It’s been absolutely horrendous here 118 with the heat index. It’s never ever been this hot here! Today we are actually not too too bad. Not great but not bad! Ha! Hope you get your power back up soon. If you see a 6’5” guy out there give him a Gatorade and say hi 👋🏻

justcallmepool thanked pink_peony
  • 17 days ago

Pink, I have the upmost respect for the linemen. I worked for Entergy for 38 years. It’s a thankless job. They work in horrible weather for 16 hours straight in dangerous conditions. My thoughts and prayers are with all the first responders working the storm. When you see him, give him a huge hug and my thanks for his service.

• 17 days ago

Pool, glad you’re ok,

Pink! He’s a hero!

• 17 days ago

As his mama i worry constantly. Poor guy, they have no power at their own house and he told me it was too hot for him to sleep so he’s back out there again today with zero sleep. We tried to get him a hotel for tonight but they’re all full. They are working on staying at a friends home barring that friend gets power today. Thank you ladies.

• 16 days ago

And he’s handsome❤️

• 16 days ago

Oh my! Pink I hope he can rest soon!

Pool, glad to hear you are ok!

• 16 days ago

Hi all! Flo asked me to pass on a message to you: Her cell, power, xfinity are all down. She is well and prepared though the heat is oppressive! She hopes for power today 🙏🤞

• 16 days ago

Thanks for Flo news. Sounds awful.

• 16 days ago

DD if Flo doesn’t have cell service, power or internet, how did she get in touch with you?

justcallmepool thanked Molly
  • 16 days ago

Molly, maybe she has an old fashioned land line. Up until two years ago, we did not have internet phone service and kept an old princess phone in our hurricane supplies, lol.

• 16 days ago

I keep my landline for exactly that reason. In addition to my cell. glad to hear about Flo and hopefully she gets her electrical back soon for the AC. Same for you Pool…😘

justcallmepool thanked liasch
  • 8 days ago

Molly, she texted me 😁 perhaps it was the lack of extended charging power 🤷‍♀️

• 8 days ago

Question about wall sconces:

Is there a standard height measurement I should install them? I contacted an electrician to install them. I figured it may be easier than looking for a battery operated bulb haha

Tonight when home I will ask DH to hold them up and take some photos of them next to the art. I will have to move the art over a few inches bc it is not exactly centered on the wall. But I want to start at a good height, also how far apart from the art do I hang them? Centered in the wall space between art edge and wall frame? Or only measure a distance from the art?

• 8 days ago

My sconces are on either side of a mirror, but I placed them centered on the mirror when you look at the full length of the sconce if that makes sense (as opposed to centering the backplate). It’s more of a visual personal preference I think. I have them close to the frame, but with a couple of inches of wall visible.

justcallmepool thanked Molly
  • 8 days ago

Thanks Molly!

I'll start with the sconce centered and a few inches away from art and go from there. :)

• 8 days ago

Center mirror over the table then the scones I thought this was done long time ago I must got something confused with somebody else

• 8 days ago

Happy, She’s sharing her experience from another thread; so yes you did see this on Molly’s thread.

• 3 days ago

Well I painted the bathroom and I should have stuck with LIme rickey! ugh, it's fine and it is what it is. But it's not as bright as lime rickey would have been. And it may be my worst paint job ever lol. Bathrooms are hard!

I'm leaning towards adding the white tile but that will be a later project.

Half Bath · More Info

Half Bath · More Info

• 3 days ago

Wow pool that's bold! It is least very happy do you want some stick-on wallpaper or something you said tile but down the road

justcallmepool thanked happyleg
  • 3 days ago

Um…not as bright… ???maybe it’s my eyeballs but personally I think it’s plenty bright.

• 3 days ago

haha Liasch.

In situ the lighting sucks and it's kind of dark in there. idk i don't love it but it's gonna do for now lol

• 2 days ago

You know what will make it brighter in there the shade you could get a white bamboo or a light brown one that is quite Brown that might help on the lighting in there and maybe you need some kind of more Lighting in there

• 2 days ago

Happy has a good point… You could let let more light in through the window.

• 2 days ago

Pool, since it is the powder room, I wouldn’t stress over it . White towels and accents will help lighten it.

justcallmepool thanked glschisler
  • yesterday

It is a fun color! I do like all the white accessories paired with it. Nice contrast.

justcallmepool thanked kjoy1
  • yesterday

Gls, thank you!

It is a power room and I'm keeping that in perspective haha

I will come around to it once I have time to accent it.

I like the white accents but it needs a little bit of tan/brown and texture. I want to find a basket for the back of the toilet and change the rug out, maybe a jute-ish one. To help tone down the boldness.

• yesterday

Amazon.

justcallmepool thanked kjoy1
  • yesterday

That's perfect kjoy, thanks!

• yesterday

Yes, a perfect rug Kjoy1!😉