Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joepan

Cooking on island

joepan
12 years ago
Love the cooktop in the island. Question: how is cooking with people sitting/standing around the island?
Kitchen · More Info

Comments (8)

• drpeggio
    11 years ago
    also curious about the cooktop in the island. Does the downdraft thing work well??
  • siouxxie
    11 years ago
    i had a cooktop in an island and took it out. downdraft was not that great, plus it felt awkward cooking with guests only a foot away. i prefer my islands with nothing in them, but right now i have a sink in my peninsula. dont' like it but have to make due. i spend more time at the sink than at the cooktop, so would rather have the sink in the island, if i must choose.
  • siouxxie
    11 years ago
    do not due.
  • judyfe
    10 years ago
    like the double dishwasher but does it clean well?
  • PRO
    Sims Construction
    10 years ago
    Ha HA Just did a cook top Island. Pouring concrete counter-top when I get back from the coast. If we do not like it we can change it next year at phase 2 part of house remodel.
  • PRO
    Sims Construction
    10 years ago
    Retractable vents I think draw better but we will see.
  • 1mrhansen
    10 years ago
    I have an island with stovetop and like it. Usually if having guests I'm cooking, not washing. Plus I don't want everyone crowded around the dirty dishes while my back is to them cooking.
  • PRO
    Sims Construction
    10 years ago
    Yes the island cook top combo was done with the grand daughters watching Grandma in mind. Washing dishes will never trump cooking, making cookies and pies.