Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
monika2024

Sliding bar/handheld shower

monika2024
9 years ago
Hello, what are your thoughts on the sturdiness of the sliding bar? It looks like it's mounted on one of those mounting brackets " [ " that has one screw right in the middle... if so, I've had issues when I've over tightened my toilet paper holder or hand towel holder and the thing bent and popped out. I fear that the same thing might happen with this type of sliding bar.. Have you had any issues in the past? Thanks in advance.
Barrier-Free Shower Stall · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Spa Tile
    8 years ago

I insert blocking inside wall cavities for all accessories. In the dry areas, I back them with plywood blocks behind plaster or sheetrock. In wet areas, like the hand shower, I back them with waterproof materials: brass, aluminum, heavy plastics... This is more of a design issue than a mechanical one. I ask my clients to decide in advance, how much wall space is needed for towel bars, shelves, mirrors, and other accessories. It is hard to pin them down when the room is gutted, as to where accessories will be mounted. But, deciding after the walls are finished, after the chance to insert solid blocking behind the substrate has passed, leaves no other choice than to rely on plastic anchors.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022