Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jacksox82

Which color carpet with gray walls? (Bedroom)

jacksox82
9 years ago
Painted my bedroom Behr's Pewter Mug (medium gray). white trim. I want to replace the old, beige carpet. Thinking about a slightly darker gray. I'd like to avoid beige, blue, or green. Will too much gray (walls, carpet) look odd? Sample squares from carpet before still hard to envision.

Comments (86)

• jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    chest as nightstand = good idea!
  • decorgirly
    9 years ago
    Love how your new carpet looks! if you find that your chest is to high as a nightstand you might want to put a little floating shelf where your white cube shelves were.
    something like this bedroom has in white
    master bedroom · More Info
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Better still.... !
  • decorgirly
    9 years ago
    forget what I said, that looks great!
    jacksox82 thanked decorgirly
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    SCORE! That smaller piece is perfect there! I thought it would be too wide, but hope! LOVE it!!!
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    Now, either a big piece of art for over the bed, or we teach you how to make a headboard.
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you so much for the help! Have to decide on wall hanging, bedding, and maybe new (wood?) blinds. Still daunting for me, but that's okay :)
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    Enjoy your NEW room! Hopefully you have a big grin on your face as you deserve this wonderful space!
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    New wood blinds would be a good touch and look nice with the chest of drawers right there, too. If you have a Menard's or Lowe's or Home Depot, they have great deals and will cut them for you, too. Lots of those places have art, too, and you might be surprised what you find for a great price.
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    You're the best, abbyjean!
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    We love houzzers that keep in touch with updates and are willing to try suggestions....that is YOU!
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Room is back together...
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Last few. Thanks again. -jack
  • sandradclark
    9 years ago
    I love the way you set up your new bedroom. A fluffy white down comforter will look great. Add some red, yellow and orange (in moderation), a dish here, a vase there and pick up those colors in a small grouping of prints or paintings to hang above the bed or on the short piece of wall to the right side of the bed. Keep them fairly low & don't space the grouping very far apart. Just keep one outside line of the grouping in line with each other.

You can look at them while in bed and have sweet dreams.
    jacksox82 thanked sandradclark
  • Lynda Cyrulik_Strom
    9 years ago
    Love the suggestions. I've used a greige with grey walls, similar to many of the pictures. The grey undertones in a mid tan look nice with grey walls.
    jacksox82 thanked Lynda Cyrulik_Strom
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    9 years ago
    Pewter mug is a nice color.

Good luck:)
    jacksox82 thanked Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
  • kn123
    9 years ago
    The carpet looks great, as does your new room arrangement! Congrats!
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Went to HomeDepot and looked at wood and faux wood blinds. I'm unsure of color. Didn't see a wide range of colors... mostly natural wood (brown) shades and white. Any suggestions on a color. the room is pretty monochrome right now (although I like that).
  • kn123
    9 years ago
    I would suggest white wood blinds to match the trim.
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    white makes sense. I know I need some color in here, but the blinds probably aren't the place to get it. I don't know....
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    White would be the same look you have now, which is wonderful! It ties in with the white woodwork in the room, which I like and it makes it look all planned to work together. It will not fight with anything you choose to add to the walls(art) or on the bed covering. You will also probably be pleasantly surprised with how much more sunlight might be filtered with the new ones compared to what you have now.

I just do not see a curtain/drape working on the windows with how they are placed in the room.....and blinds are a nice finished look for spaces like you have.
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Helpful as always, abbyjean. I'm going to hit HomeDepot, Lowes and that BlindsToGo place ( there's one near Lowes) today and see if I can do this with a tight little budget. can't spend too much, but I do want quality shades.
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you also, kn123 !!! Appreciate your advice very much.
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I'm thinking wider slats, rather than the smaller ones. At least in photos, the thin slats look like what I have now.
  • kn123
    9 years ago
    Yes, I think wider slats will be nice. We just ordered wood blinds from a place called selectblinds.com We ended up having someone come out to measure for us, but I'm pretty sure you can also look up detailed instructions on their site on how to measure properly yourself. The prices were very reasonable and they arrived quickly. I actually haven't opened the boxes yet, as they are due to be installed this week, but if you have any trouble at the stores you mentioned, you might want to check out their site. :)
  • kn123
    9 years ago
    And, yes, as you and abbyjean mentioned, I would add the color through art or bedding/pillows and stick with white for the wood blinds. It will be nice and crisp and clean!
    jacksox82 thanked kn123
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    not enough color for my monochrome bedroom?
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    these??
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    these??
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I like this quilt and shams.
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Above was at Macy's. I just saw this quilt/shasms set on overstock.com. good price. I like it. reversible. thoughts? (Sorry if posting too much). http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6836398/Nautical-Stripes-3-piece-Quilt-Set-Nautical-Stripes-Quilt-Set-L14364308a.jpg
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    Very nice job of shopping and finding that bedding!!!! You now have color in your room and maybe even a theme for some art....nautical! I love it!!! And isn't it soooo nice to just get everything you need in one little package. GOOD work!!!

You know, of course, that we do expect to see this in your room once it arrives. Hope you found some nice blinds, too.....wide ones are a nice and modern look.
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    New blinds in. Hung one print from Home Goods.
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Two more of blinds.
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    A+++ for you! Love it all! Love the white blinds and the art is going to be just perfect with the new bedding!!! Well done! You are so lucky to have a Home Goods AND to have discovered it!!!
    jacksox82 thanked abbyjean
  • sandradclark
    9 years ago
    I'm loving how your room is coming along. Good job on the wall art so far, now add some more as you feel like it!!!
    jacksox82 thanked sandradclark
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Progress! What do you think? I'm pretty happy with it. Thanks for all the advice along the way. Still need a little more wall art and some other items with color, I think.
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    A few more.
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    Sooooo very nice!!! The bedding brightened it all up, didn't it. The rest is the perfect peaceful back drop.

Love how you also added some decor to the white shelving unit, which is so very nice with the white touches in the room now. It looks meant to be there.

Yup.....just a titch more and you can let us help you with another room!
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks, abbyjean. (I left you a note under your idea book)
  • anne dee
    9 years ago
    Abbyjean always does good work both in design suggestions and lifting the spirit..
    (I don't necessarily mean a martini re lifting the spirit)
    If you have sufficient space you might consider a few round mirrors(budget friendly)and will brighten the space and a nautical clock might be fun
    Clarendon Condo - Bedroom · More Info

ref pic
    jacksox82 thanked anne dee
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Anne dee, I picked up a little clock. it's red, stashed in that shelving unit. I do like the ship's clock idea for the wall, though. have to keep an eye out.
  • jacksox82
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    (Few more)
  • PRO
    Color Zen
    9 years ago
    I would go with a looped carpet with some speckle- so it has some variation in color. Good luck!
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    Ya know what? I love that you love this room!!! That is the way it should be!
  • Shelley Rampton
    7 years ago

What name of paint color is on the wall?

• Pam Panasiuk
    6 years ago

What type of carpet is that and what type of color? I'm about to paint my upstairs Benjamin Moore Revere pewter and need to find a carpet that goes well.

• User
    3 years ago

Love the walls! What is the name of the color on your walls, if you don’t mind. Thank you