Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aquachic

Concrete finish

Natasha
9 years ago
Just wondering how you achieved the gorgeous concrete finish in the shower area?
Delancey Street Loft · More Info

Comments (10)

• Melinda Carson
    9 years ago
    I love everything about this! Very cool.
  • Michelle Sexton
    9 years ago
    @mpatrykus, thank you for your info on how you did your shower. I'm curious how you are liking the cleaning and upkeep on this material now that you have had it a while? Do you notice problems with discoloration from cleaning materials? Is it difficult to maintain?
  • mpatrykus
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Hi Michelle... We love it. It's like going to a spa each day! There's really not much upkeep; we just squeegee it off after every use, though only a small portion of the walls get wet as our shower is nearly 50"x50". When it does get wet, you begin to see many attractive surface details, such as color variations and micro cracks that are not visible when dry. I am considering rubbing the walls with beeswax to give it a bit of shine and depth when dry. I am confident it will last many years due to the polymer additive in the mix, which inhibits moisture absorption/retention. If you're leaning in this direction, I say go for it.
  • Maria Pappano
    9 years ago

Hi! I'm trying to have my builder put in a cement shower. He's never seen them before though. Can you tell me where you got the resources and information for making a shower like this? I'd appreciate any info available. Thanks very much! Maria

• Courtney Tremblay
    8 years ago

Hello love this shower and would love to know more about how your attained this finish on the walls I love it and want to have my contractor do this in my new master bath

• Dianna Brown
    4 years ago

So I'm guessing nobody ever answered about the walls? I'd also like to know how it was done.

• Robyn Myers
    3 years ago

Diane Brown... Question by owner was answered above.

• jenwinston73
    3 years ago

I love this look and we are going with a similar look in our wet room. My question is, what type of vanity top was used here? Or does anyone have a suggestion of what would look good? We plan to get quartz. But would it look best to get a quartz that looks more like concrete? Or is shine good for contrast?

• Ana Vidaic
    3 years ago

Hi can you tell me the size of the shower? Love the rain shower and bench but not sure if we have a big enough area..