Yoel
12 years ago
What is that type of grass?
Saratoga Estate · More Info

Comments (11)

• PRO
    peter marshall trading co
    12 years ago
    if you are interested, i have 4 types of artificial grass. no maintenance. looks great.
  • Ella Nham
    11 years ago
    does festuca rubra suitable for cold weather edmonton, alberta canada. below -20c . thaanks
  • PRO
    Kikuchi + Kankel Design Group
    11 years ago
    A good question! We use Fahrenheit here in California and I am not sure of what the conversion is. You might check with local nurseries or landscapers to see if it is available.
  • chantaldion
    11 years ago
    try out eco grass in Canada, it's available at Wild flower farms, and you dont need to ever mowe it if you don't mind it at 6 inches, drought resistant and also weed resistant as the roots don't allow weeds to sowe and penetrate. Beats watering, mowing and half the potions that don't work to keep weeds away :) 3 seedings will convert over spring fall spring! Best of luck
  • dianaalexander1
    10 years ago
    Gorgeous!!! Thanks for the answer on Eco Grass also! Just stunning!
  • boslaugh
    10 years ago
    Picture is just fuzzy enough to make the grass a tough call...it looks like a sedge of some kind, perhaps Carex praegracilis?
  • User
    10 years ago
    Absolutely beautiful. Love it. Do you think the Red Fescue grass would survive a hot southern California summer???
  • User
    10 years ago
    Also are these fruiting olive trees or non fruiting and how tall are the trees?
  • boslaugh
    10 years ago
    Leon, I'm from the Pacific Northwest so am no S.Cali pro, but a quick review shows Red Fescue (Festuca rubra, that is) is drought tolerant once established. Just call up a local nursery of good repute and you'd have a better answer than I could give.

I am sure they are fruiting...the only non-fruiting ones I know of are a dwarf variety named "Little Ollie" and there is NO way these are that variety. Those are probably about 10-13 feet tall (eyeballin' it here).
  • PRO
    Kikuchi + Kankel Design Group
    10 years ago
    Red Fescue can grow in southern California, but will need ample water to stay green and lush. While it may not require as much water as a standard Fescue Lawn, it will require more water than a drought tolerant groundcover. Not knowing exactly where you live in So. Cal, the heat intensity could vary greatly as one moves inland. 30 miles from the ocean, it very well could demand watering daily.

These Olive trees were transplanted from a very old Olive grove, where they were "pollarded" for years of olive production. They vary in size but are about 15-20' tall.