Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scanyon

Can you change any room in your house, similar to this photo and still keep it from looking out of place.

scanyon
11 years ago
2008 showcase · More Info

Comments (6)

• Jamieson
    11 years ago
    You might be able to get away with this look in a post and beam cabin. I find that the stone elements and lower ceilings tip us off, that this is indeed a finished basement. Very nice nonetheless!
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    11 years ago
    If it's adjacent to another space, then what will help with the transition is to borrow a few of the colors and textures in this space into the next room, and vice versa.
  • scanyon
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    All great comments. I have a large family room that may work well with this concept, however, it is adjacent to other areas with different decor. Just want a 2nd opinion.
    Thanks, all.
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    11 years ago
    Hi again scanyon -- I thought of your question when this image popped up on my houzz home page today:
    Private Paradise Portland Landscaping · More Info

While it's an outdoor room, it's permanent features are along the lines of the room you reference in your post. However it's furnished in another style, with scrolls and curves that might hint at what's just inside in this setting. Hopefully that room carries in a little of the rustic strength and masculinity of the setting outside.
  • scanyon
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Makes sense.....