Can you change any room in your house, similar to this photo and still keep it from looking out of place.
scanyon
May 23, 2012 in Photo Questions
Well, as this photo is of a finished basement, it is separate from the rest of the house and thus can stand on its own in terms of style.
1 Like   May 23, 2012 at 7:28AM
Jamieson
You might be able to get away with this look in a post and beam cabin. I find that the stone elements and lower ceilings tip us off, that this is indeed a finished basement. Very nice nonetheless!
0 Likes   May 23, 2012 at 7:57AM
Barnhart Gallery
If it's adjacent to another space, then what will help with the transition is to borrow a few of the colors and textures in this space into the next room, and vice versa.
1 Like   May 23, 2012 at 9:01AM
scanyon
All great comments. I have a large family room that may work well with this concept, however, it is adjacent to other areas with different decor. Just want a 2nd opinion.
Thanks, all.
0 Likes   May 23, 2012 at 10:57AM
Barnhart Gallery
Hi again scanyon -- I thought of your question when this image popped up on my houzz home page today:

While it's an outdoor room, it's permanent features are along the lines of the room you reference in your post. However it's furnished in another style, with scrolls and curves that might hint at what's just inside in this setting. Hopefully that room carries in a little of the rustic strength and masculinity of the setting outside.
0 Likes   May 24, 2012 at 9:12AM
scanyon
Makes sense.....
0 Likes   May 24, 2012 at 11:47AM
Exterior ideas for rental "granny flat"
Do not want to spend money to paint brick of this rental...
Roof color
My home needs a new roof and its a gambrel style home....
Help with garage/curb appeal
We have a 1955 ranch. We need help with the street-side...
Kitchen Lighting Help!
I have lived with this light for 15 years ( it was...
Floating cabinet? keep or remove
The tv is mounted to the wall, the cabinet houses the...