Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nosilla17

Our new couch

nosilla17
9 years ago
Just got this awesome new couch and now I need to make it fit. We used to have a big white couch so the dark wall looked great. What colour should we repaint that wall? Any other advice ? The rest of the house is white.

Comments (14)

• Darzy
    9 years ago
    Love your new couch. I actually like the wall color. I agree contrast is usually our first thought with sofa/wall color but I think it looks pretty "cool" as is.
    nosilla17 thanked Darzy
  • Irene Morresey
    9 years ago
    I think it looks fine also, do think you need to lighten picture above couch, maybe frame it white or something more colourful with lots of white perhaps, something on the coffee table. I've done the same couch similar to wall colour, wasn't intentional but I like it
  • leelee
    9 years ago
    Not sure if you should try moving one or both of your prints that are near the window. They look very crowded being next to the bookcase. Try moving the one on the top to the opposite side and hang it at the same height as the one on the right so they're even.
  • leelee
    9 years ago
    Usually not a fan of accent walls but yours looks great with the new sofa. Very dramatic.
  • leelee
    9 years ago
    Raise the curtain rod about 6 or 8 inches. You might be able to add on a band of dark gray at the bottom--enough to make them just reach the floor. Similar to this example.

Agree that the coffee table needs to change.
  • rananashville
    9 years ago
    Keep the color!
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    9 years ago
    just bring some white./light colors to the cushions and decor on that side of the room.
  • PRO
    Pro Skill Construction
    9 years ago
    Wall looks great! If you want a change, how about a lighter hue of the the dark accent stripe on the rug? A flashy table top lamp on the that side table cold really make a fun pop too!!!!
  • User
    9 years ago
    I think it looks beautiful the way it is - very dramatic. If you want a change, though, I would paint the wall to match the other ones. Agree a table top lamp on the side table would look really nice!
  • Carolina
    9 years ago
    I agree with leelee that a coffee table that feels 'lighter', isn't as solid and dark will look better. Maybe two smaller square ones next to each other? And I would change the shade on the floorlamp to a drum shape. Love the sofa against the wall colour.
  • Tina
    9 years ago
    The dark wall looks good with the darker couch.
  • PRO
    Monica Nordquist Design
    9 years ago
    Hello, if you want more contrast, like I usually like, repaint the wall like you are thinking. if the sofa has a green based hue to it like I think it is reading, try a red color, as red a d green are opposites on the color wheel and really complete each other. If red red is too bold, try one that is muted or has some orange in it, like a brick red. Hope that helps!
  • PRO
    What's Inside Design Ltd.
    9 years ago
    You new couch is awesome! :) That being said, I think you can make it even more awesome with some new cushions! (The existing ones look a little tired) Have fun decorating!!! :)