Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kcovey24

Perfect Greige?

kcovey24
9 years ago
I painted a section of my living room SW Pavestone (color matched to Valspar) thinking it was the perfect color. To my dismay, it was completely grey/olive. Any ideas what other colors I should try? Below is the look I was trying to achieve as I have a dark brown couch.

Comments (11)

• Ann
    9 years ago
    I agree, the first pic looks great.
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    I love them both and the colours are perfect.
  • kcovey24
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Unfortunately they are not my room...I will add a picture when I get over there. My room looked very grey/olive
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    oh ok.....wherez the pic or ur's?
  • kcovey24
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Those pics were the look I was hoping to achieve. We have not moved into the house and I'm going there tomorrow to do some more work so I will add a picture tomorrow
  • Ann
    9 years ago
    I used SW tony taupe as an occasional accent when I recently had my upstairs painted with SW accessible beige. It's about as dark as the color you're trying to achieve, but more taupe (less gray). I do think it would be a very nice color with dark browns. Here's a Houzz pic of tony taupe where it's shown with a dark brown chair. It isn't as gray as Pavestone but it is a nice mid-tone taupe.
    [houzz=
    Brian Patrick Flynn · More Info
    ]
  • kcovey24
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Here's the actual picture of my home
  • Lynnie
    9 years ago
    I see the look you are trying to achieve. As far as the last picture you posted, the gray on the left looks sort of olive-grey. I would say a warm grey and the one on the right is a cool grey. What is tricky about paint color is the various lighting and how it looks so different. Lately I have been looking a simple color swatches and depending upon the light, the color can change dramatically.

At Home Depot I go into the lighting dept and check the colors under all the light blubs and it really helps! Make sure that you have your furniture and rug before painting though.
  • User
    9 years ago
    The problem is you are painting the samples on top of the existing wall color which is throwing you off. Get a large white poster board and paint the sample on it. Then place it on the wall next to your white molding/trim. That should help. Good luck!
  • User
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Karen is giving great advice to paint on a stiff surface you can move around. Don't forget to try any color with your sofa as well. If you can bring a cushion to the new house when you're trying the painted poster or foam board, that would be ideal. I'm posting a houzz photo of your SW color, so I don't think you should give up on it until you try it on foamboard.
    Contemporary Living Room · More Info
    Benjamin Moore Stone or Ben Moore Stone Harbor might be a couple to look at, in addition to SW Tony Taupe.
    Stone 2112-40 Paint · More Info
    Interior shots · More Info