In the Philadelphia area, where can I find these planters? Thx
Eclectic Landscape · More Info

Comments (25)

• mochajavagirl
    11 years ago
    Tractor Supply Company
  • mrkvndns
    11 years ago
    Wouldn't those planters get really hot? May not be a problem but I'd be concerned with them drying quickly.
  • mochajavagirl
    11 years ago
    They are water troughs the water would get hot if that were true.
    I notice the stone and plastic pots get hot if dark colored. I think the surface would reflect heat.
  • rods2lug
    11 years ago
    I notice hoses in the planters and am assuming drip/trickle watering. I would guess holes have been drilled in the bottom for the hose to be run and excess water to escape.
  • sheriyoung
    11 years ago
    These are livestock water troughs!
  • cyriad
    11 years ago
    I live in the UK - 40 miles from London. Is there anywhere I can get these?
    I love them!!
  • enfantterrible
    11 years ago
    Fancy, but not practical. Roots of plants get burned from scorching heat in the summer, and in the winter they freeze. It is a rather stylish but impractical solution imho. Ask for insulation methods, they are definitely a Must if you do not wish to spend money for plants that are not going to last.
  • rods2lug
    11 years ago
    I would imagine a livestock /farm supply store would have something similar. They are called stock tanks here in the US and are used for water or feed and apparently as raised planters.
  • Lisa Cain
    11 years ago
    it is in San Francisco-- not too hot and not too cold here... so it's probably fine in coastal climates.
  • lorsmith
    11 years ago
    Tractor Supply carries these.
  • deborahhamel
    11 years ago
    Any feed and grain store should have them, or a place that sells horse equipment and hardware. You can purchase online ( http://www.fencing-farm-ranch.com/stocktanks1.html) and I saw that Walmart has them available.
  • otteroo
    11 years ago
    The "planters" are actually horse and Cattle water troughs.
  • cowboybike
    11 years ago
    In cooler/shorter climates these are perfect. I love that they are raised and my dogs can't dig, or do otherwise, to my plantings.
  • kelownabc
    11 years ago
    I'm going to line the inside with burlap to insulate and drill a few holes in the bottoms for air circulation.
  • jaqbotto
    11 years ago
    I'm in the Philly area as well, I found these at a tractor supply store in Pottstown. http://www.tractorsupply.com/oval-galvanized-stock-tank-2-ft-w-x-4-ft-l-x-2-ft-h-100-gal-capacity-2177201
  • Lorrie White
    11 years ago
    can get these at any farm supply store. They are water barrels for animals.
  • nannyof2
    11 years ago
    They work in Texas. Drill holes in bottom, elevate on concrete blocks and fill bottom of trough with plastic milk jugs before adding soil!
  • crchappell
    11 years ago
    I wonder if these are tall enough to discourage the rabbits from my vegetables...looks great.
  • Pamela
    11 years ago
    I too like this idea. SoCal is a perfect and moderate climate so I am not worried about the too hot or too cold aspect. I have problems with rabbits eating the vegetables and I think these might be difficult for them to hop up on or climb...any comments?
  • Heather Macholan
    10 years ago
    You can also get them on Amazon. These are Behlen Country 224 tanks. Www.behlencountry.com
  • cyriad
    10 years ago
    Thank you - would they ship to the UK? I live about 40 mins from London. I may have to see if I can make them myself!!!!!!! Thanks for your reply.
    Alyson
  • Heather Macholan
    10 years ago
    Your best bet would be to check Amazon.
  • hus1313
    10 years ago
    You Can buy them at pottery barn
  • cmrclyde
    10 years ago
    Try farm and ranch i.e. Tractor Supply stores