Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fedz

what other possible color combinations would be best to go with this color?

fedz
11 years ago
hi! we were mesmerized by this color, and would want to make it as our headboard wall color for our bedroom. would u please help us of what other possible color combinations would be best to go with it? thanks.
purple in the room · More Info

Comments (8)

• PRO
    House of L
    11 years ago
    This color would pair up wonderfully with a vibrant yellow or tangerine for a very edgy and dynamic combination; a deep eggplant would offer a very sophisticated match up if you wanted to keep it more neutral.
  • fedz
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    thanks alot for the helpful responses! its been a big inspiration for our new house!!
  • fedz
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    just a follow up important question, would u also suggest dat we should also color the ceiling same color as the supporting walls?? we'r kinda worried to make mistakes of our painting choices, many thanks again!!
  • User
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    My pleasure to help, Fedz! It's a matter of preference with the ceiling color because some choices will make the room darker or brighter. Here are a few ways of doing the paint:
    1. Gray walls with silver ceiling and trim (pretty and elegant)
    2. Gray walls with white ceiling and trim (traditional)
    3. Brown walls, ceiling and trim; silver or mirrored furniture (dramatic)
    4. Tan walls with eggplant ceiling and trim (twist on traditional)
    5. White walls, ceiling and trim; white, silver or mirrored furniture (modern)
    6. Black chalkboard walls with black ceiling and trim; black or silver furniture (funky drama)

Best,
    Shari

spkcreative@gmail.com
    www.spkcreative.com
  • fedz
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Many thanks to u Shari! Such a wonderful idea of yours! Il discuss this with our painter, im already excited from your help for our first house, i would want to go with the dramatic one, thanks alot!!
  • User
    11 years ago
    You are so welcome, Fedz! Decorating is fun to begin with, but your first home is extra special and I wish you the very best with it. I can't wait to see pics of the finished room; the paint should have a pinkish purple tone to it, but you can always repaint in the future. If you're happy with the paint job, I'd appreciate your review of my color help on my Houzz page:) Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you with either color suggestions or original, affordable, vividly cheerful abstract art.

Shari:)
  • fedz
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    That's so nice of u Shari! I'm all excited to see our house get done but it'll take quite a while coz our builder just started with our house remodelling. Many thanks again for the inspiration and see u on your Houzz page =), Goodluck!!