Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kklembara

coffee table decor

kklembara
9 years ago
what would you change/add about this coffee table arrangement?

Comments (24)

• kklembara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Do you have a suggestion for a type of plant- I agree but I am worried about killing it. :)
    I already have a bowl of green apples on the kitchen table so that is out, but would you put something additional on the stack of books?
  • JRH76
    9 years ago
    Where is that coffee table from? I love it!
    kklembara thanked JRH76
  • suzanne_m
    9 years ago
    I like the magazines idea. I also like that little orange we see on the book, I wonder if you can add some orange pillows.
  • kklembara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    It was made locally- but is based on the balustrade coffee table by Restoration Hardware. Thank you!
  • suzanne_m
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    I like the pillars candle idea too but I am not sure about the pine cones.
  • Ann
    9 years ago
    I think you did a nice job. I'd leave it as is.
    kklembara thanked Ann
  • kklembara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    We have pillar candles on the end table- but I appreciate the affirmation that I am on the right track since I have used everyone's ideas in one place or another! :)
    I am on the look out for a larger plant as we speak!
  • User
    9 years ago
    I like the arrangement on your coffee table now. It would be nice to add fresh flowers in place of the green plant on occasion for a splash of color.
  • onetwothre
    9 years ago
    I think it looks beautiful the way it is! I wouldn't mess with it.
  • suzanne_m
    9 years ago
    Could we see a larger view of your living room? It might inspire us to suggest accent decor on your table. I admit your table is nice as it is with maybe a bigger plant but I would like to see more colors either on the table or somewhere else.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago
    I'm fond of color, so for me, I would add some accent colors in something on the table and like 'suzanne_m mentioned, colorful pillows and maybe colorful drapes might be nice. Great job if you want to stay more monochromatic :)
  • kklembara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I am pretty monochromatic- which is why I worry about "texture" and making sure it doesn't look dull. :)
    Thank you for all your help!
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago
    :) Texture definitely is needed in a monochromatic color design. If you are afraid of being too lifeless or dull, then you might consider a few touches of a lighter/brighter contrast color to add to the mix. That will pull you away from the dull feeling :))
    kklembara thanked LB Interiors
  • kklembara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    what would be a lighter (not so much brighter) color?
    thank you again!
  • suzanne_m
    9 years ago
    kklembara thanked suzanne_m
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago
    Look at some colors that are soft. Like soft coral, soft blue, soft teal, soft aqua, soft raspberry, soft green and warm neutrals. Not the strong brights of these colors.
    Like these....

natural leather CSP-1065 · More Info

tuscan tile CSP-1130 · More Info

Rhine River 689 by Benjamin Moore · More Info

Drizzle sw6479 Sherwin Williams · More Info

Benjamin Moore® Ben® Paint, Blue Dusk 1644 · More Info

antique glass CSP-695 · More Info

lip gloss CSP-1160 · More Info

Blue Shamrock · More Info

Antique Jade Paint · More Info

SW7548 Portico by Sherwin-Williams · More Info

Putnam Ivory HC-39 Paint · More Info
  • ohrelax
    9 years ago
    Your coffee table looks great - artful, classy, functional - and unpretentious.

For a plant that is so central, definitely make it a real one! I would recommend a Peace Lily. It is beautiful - nice shape, shiny dark green leaves, thrives on little light. Should you forget to water, the leaves will begin to droop; after a good drink of water, you will be delighted to see the leaves quickly spring back to life. You will probably want several throughout the house. It is said, if you can add only one thing to a room, make it a plant. :O)
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago
    Soft blue or soft green combos
  • PRO
    Natalie Wyatt – WDC Interiors
    9 years ago
    I love the table. I would add a little color on the table and coordinate your color selections on the sofa with pillows and a throw.
  • kklembara
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I love the color selections- I will look for throw pillows in those combos. Again, I appreciate your help!
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago
    You're welcome kklembara.

You can also add one or two colors from the pillows that you like and add an item/s to the coffee table that is similar to spice it up a bit :)
  • jess766
    8 years ago

where is your rug from

• Melanie Driscol
    8 years ago

I think you did an excellent job! You could add a small chest (can double as small storage for remotes, coasters, etc.) if you are looking for another decoration, or as another Houzzer mentioned, candles would look pretty as well.

Small Pirate Style Treasure Chest · More Info