Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pgfde121

No shower step in/ledge?

pgfde121
11 years ago
How do you manage to keep the water in the shower?
Client Photos · More Info

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Conceptual Development Solutions
    11 years ago
    There should be a rubber seal/strip at the bottom of the shower door. Almost like a squee-gee that has a tight fit to the floor.
  • PRO
    PoshHaus
    11 years ago
    Using a product called AKW Tuff-form you have a wet-room kit, and the shower floor is tapered to the drain.
  • lifeline3333
    11 years ago
    As said above, gravity does the trick. I had a similar shower constructed last year. Works perfectly, as the taper in the floor from door to drain is sufficient. We have about 0.5 inch gap at bottom of door - not a problem.
  • PRO
    zapex
    11 years ago
    Nice bathroom
  • ireneyu
    11 years ago
    Would the taper be a problem for a senior? Seems no ledge could be perfect for an older person, thanks
  • graciel57
    11 years ago
    I have a shower room instead of an enclosed shower, and it is a very slight grade from the drain to the entrance to the room. It's not very noticeable at all, and is no problem for elderly people.
  • Carol Dobrzensky
    8 years ago

Is the mirror square. I was thinking of putting in a similar mirror that is 36" sq. Actually two mirrors because I have a right angle bathroom with two sinks. One over each and then I will have a similar space free. Not sure what to do with that yet, maybe a picture. Help??? thank you