Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunshine_ollmann

How high should the TV be?

Sunshine Ollmann
11 years ago
So how high is too high for the TV to be? I want to put out TV on top of the fireplace, but it just feels like we would be sitting in the front row of a movie theatre. I've seen this in many, many designs, but it just looks uncomfortable...does this really work?
Family and Media Room · More Info

Comments (4)

• lizoregon
    11 years ago
    We researched this when we bought our flat screen and learned that it's best if it's at sitting eye level. Otherwise, it's hard on your neck. You also want to size the TV to the distance you will be sitting from it. We tried them out in stores and ended up with a slightly smaller one than my husband would have preferred, and a little bigger than I wanted. For our living room, it's "just right". :-)
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    11 years ago
    It depends on the placement of your furniture. If you have to look to the side and up, then it is a problem (such as in your photo). Might be better to give us placement of your furnishings and distance from TV for us to ascertain the optimum height. Pictures always make the difference in being able to give some assistance and recommendations.
  • PRO
    Robeson Design
    11 years ago
    I know what you mean, If a fireplace is too high, it doesn't work. In this case, I purposely created a lower than usual mantle. By the photo I think you can see, the viewers are not ON TOP of the TV :-)
    For more on this bedroom Watch this YouTube video:
  • Lynn Nel
    2 years ago

Lovely transformation⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️