Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tundoputti

Absolutely love the kitchen! I have a technical question I was hoping you could help me out with.

Jtp
11 years ago
I would like to get a Kitchenaid French door refrigerator (looks like the same model you have) and put it next to Kitchenaid 30" double ovens. The only room I have available is a 37.5" cabinet for the refrigerator and a 30" cabinet for the ovens. Is that the size of your cabinets? I wasn't sure if the two would fit right next to each other so any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated! I'm planning on going with a white kitchen for my remodel and your kitchen gives me lots of wonderful design ideas as well!
Lady Fern Circle Kitchen · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    ReVision Design/Remodeling
    11 years ago
    This refrigerator is a counter depth model so it's 36" wide. To have a built in look with full overlay cabinets you'll need a 39" cabinet above it and that allows for 1 1/2" legs on either side. Be careful if there is a wall directly next to it as the doors may not open all the way. A 30" double oven is very difficult to get in a 30" cabinet so I generally order a 33" oven cabinet and have it modified to 31 1/2". If the two appliances are right next to each other a panel separating them is highly recommended to allow air space between them. Generally appliance manufacturers don't recommend putting ovens next to a refrigerator, but as long as there is cabinetry between them there isn't an issue. When we installed this we cranked the ovens up as high as they could go and the cabinets on either side were still cool to the touch so there wasn't any heat transfer. Your kitchen designer should be able to make sure that your new appliances will fit your new (or existing) cabinets and that all the clearances around them are correct for them to function properly.
  • Jtp
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much! Very informative. i'll talk to my kitchen designer about other option. Again, beautiful kitchen!