Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haliulin

Range location

haliulin
11 years ago
Looks like the range is tight in corner (left side). Thinking of doing that in my kitchen remodel, but concerned of it being too tight on that side and inconvenient. Thoughts?
Colorful Kitchen · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Felhandler/ Steeneken Architects
    11 years ago
    We really didn't have another option in this Kitchen due to the layout of the house. Since there is a very small cabinet to the left of the range, everything does work well. This is the benefit of custom cabinets since we weren't tied to a cabinet module size. You can't push the range tight into the corner though since then the knobs and pulls of the adjacent cabinets will hit the drawers and doors on the other leg of the corner.
  • haliulin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks. Can you tell me how many countertop inches in that tight corner (not to the wall, but to the corner, looks like no more than 4" which is what i have in my current plan). Again, i have 2 kids who are constantly around the range when i cook, so was concerned that the tight corner would be an issue. Is there a pull-out on the base to the left or is that just a filler panel with know and hinges? If cabinet/pull-out do you have approx size?
  • PRO
    Felhandler/ Steeneken Architects
    11 years ago
    It's about 7" or so with a small 4" wide cabinet door. They store cookie sheets in that cabinet.