Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1343723

One more question.....is the perimeter countertop wood or granite.

User
11 years ago
JWH Custom Kitchen Cabinetry · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    JWH Design and Cabinetry LLC
    11 years ago
    Claire: We used the same Red Revel granite on the countertops around the range and sink. We repeated the wood countertops on the bar area, below the glass cabinets, and at the desk area (not shown.) These additional areas of wood were built in 1 1/4" thickness to match the perimeter stone so the backsplash would all align.

Here's another view of the kitchen, and you can see more on our website: www.jwhdesigns.com

Hope this helps! Jennifer
  • User
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much. I am designing my kitchen and I just couldn't bear the thought of having granite on the eating section of the island so I looked for some examples of combination granite/wood. The kitchen cabinets will be walnut and white. The island will be walnut with white river rock granite and one edge in walnut to provide an eating area. The perimeter counters I am still debating. Most of the perimeter cabinets will be white except for the sink cabinet which will be walnut. These were supposed to be cygnus silestone (this was before I decided to add the walnut section to the island.). The cygnus goes well with the white river rock granite. Now I am afraid of having three different counter tops...granite, wood and silestone...might be too many different looks. Perhaps I will do the countertop in wood (walnut) or maybe the granite...Need a crystal ball. Thank you again for your time and interest! Very kind of you.
  • PRO
    JWH Design and Cabinetry LLC
    11 years ago
    Good luck. We're here if you need help seeing into your crystal ball!