Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sonja_parkinson

Are you glad you hung your pots and pans or would you rather use cabinet space?

Sonja Parkinson
11 years ago
Jacob Kitchen Renovation · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    SHELTERWERK
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    That pot rack is absolutely essential. As you can see, my kitchen is all windows so I didn't have a lot of choice (and I wasn't giving up any of the windows!). I'd still have put in a pot rack even if I did have more room. They are incredibly useful, and I just really like the look.
  • Sonja Parkinson
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks for your advice. I LOVE windows, too. We are currently looking into adding a new kitchen onto our house this spring, and I know space is always a problem. I've thought about having a pot rack but didn't know anyone with one to ask questions. Are they sturdy enough to hang several cast iron skillets??
  • PRO
    SHELTERWERK
    11 years ago
    The pot rack shown here is a smaller one and is held onto the wall by 4 sturdy wood screws that are into the studs. From that I have about 10 All-Clad pots/pans, half a dozen cheaper/lightweight pots/pans and one cast iron skillet. What you see hanging is a fraction of what that rack actually holds. If you want to hold a significant amount of weight, I'd verify what weight the rack is designed for. It should be engineered for enough connections to support the design-load. Often they come ceiling mounted and are held up by 4 chains for instance. I can hang from a single chain, so I'm confident that four should do the trick! Just make sure that you mount the rack into something solid like wall studs or rafters. Drywall isn't going to cut it.
  • Sonja Parkinson
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks so much for all your help. I hope my kitchen looks as nice as yours when finished.
  • Jeanie
    9 years ago
    We bought 2 pot rocks years ago from Pier 1 and wired them together to create the look of 1. I've moved and I sure miss the ease of finding what pot I want! I hate wrestling with stacked pots in a cabinet!