Do I need 2 end tables? Coffee table suggestion?
hillaryu
I am ready to replace these end tables. Should i get two or just one? I currently have one next to the loveseat and one next to the couch. Seems crowded. What type of end tables would match best? wood? glass? suggestion?

Coffee Table - The coffee table is wooden, hiding a beautiful design on this chinese rug. Should I get a glass coffee table as well? If so, any set you suggest for end table/coffe tables for this living room?
onthefence
Do you need and use the coffee table? We've had coffee tables for years...until we figured out it never really got used (was too far to comfortably reach from the seating) and it made our living room seem MUCH larger without it. I haven't missed having a coffee table at all.

BTW - your rug really is beautiful.
January 11, 2013 at 5:31PM   
Eeeek, you are not going to like this….the only thing I love is your coffee table. It looks as if there are two windows on the outside wall with some space in between. I would purchase a sleeker sofa and put it between the two windows; flip the coffee table so it is horizontal with the sofa and get two accent chairs for either side of the coffee table. Find another spot in your house for the rug and replace with a kilim or a sisal.
Chloe Fabric Velvet Metro Living Sofa, Seafoam
Emerald Sheba Accent Chair Chunky Wool & Natural Jute Rug
January 11, 2013 at 5:34PM   
momx3
Well I love having coffee tables, but you can achieve the same purpose by using an ottoman with a tray on it. Find an ottoman in a pattern you like that goes with your sofa. I also think end tables come in handy for lamps and to set beverages on. I like matching end tables. If possible you could arrange the sofas in an "L" shape with an end table between the two sofas. You can get away with one end table and a coffee table if you do an "L" shape arrangement.
January 11, 2013 at 5:38PM   
hillaryu
"on the fence" thank you! you know you do make sense with the coffee table.
"JudyG" you do make a good point. Now, if I changed couches, the wall with the windows is 3 small windows which face the outside/front of the house. So the couches would show. Would that be ok?
January 11, 2013 at 5:38PM   
momx3
Now I see you have that step down to this room. Just like my living room. It makes it hard to arrange furniture. With a small room I like it to feel as open as possible. So I'd go with glass (clear plastic) end tables to give the room a bigger feel. And I'd still use an ottoman. An ottoman can act as extra seating too.
January 11, 2013 at 5:43PM   
momx3
I think it's fine of the couch is seen through the windows.
January 11, 2013 at 5:44PM     
You could do something like this picture. Hang just two panels, pull the couch just a little away from the windows…just a couple of inches. From the pictures of your room, I would like to see the sofa straight on, instead of sideways, if you get my drift.

January 11, 2013 at 5:47PM   
Judith Taylor Designs
I you do as JudyG suggests then you can pull the rug towards the dining room thus revealing the centre detail you love. I think you will like that much better.
January 11, 2013 at 5:49PM     
January 11, 2013 at 5:50PM   
Which do you prefer gas or electric stoves?
We were just having a discussion the other day with...
Need help updating
Newly engaged... Just moved in... Stressed beyond words!!...
I need brutal honesty here!! I promise I can take it. :)
We're finally finishing our basement (yay!) and I decided...
Need major advice for a church sanctuary
This is a picture of the left side wall of our sanctuary...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...