Do I need 2 end tables? Coffee table suggestion?
hillaryu
I am ready to replace these end tables. Should i get two or just one? I currently have one next to the loveseat and one next to the couch. Seems crowded. What type of end tables would match best? wood? glass? suggestion?

Coffee Table - The coffee table is wooden, hiding a beautiful design on this chinese rug. Should I get a glass coffee table as well? If so, any set you suggest for end table/coffe tables for this living room?
onthefence
Do you need and use the coffee table? We've had coffee tables for years...until we figured out it never really got used (was too far to comfortably reach from the seating) and it made our living room seem MUCH larger without it. I haven't missed having a coffee table at all.

BTW - your rug really is beautiful.
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 5:31PM
Eeeek, you are not going to like this….the only thing I love is your coffee table. It looks as if there are two windows on the outside wall with some space in between. I would purchase a sleeker sofa and put it between the two windows; flip the coffee table so it is horizontal with the sofa and get two accent chairs for either side of the coffee table. Find another spot in your house for the rug and replace with a kilim or a sisal.
Chloe Fabric Velvet Metro Living Sofa, Seafoam
Emerald Sheba Accent Chair Chunky Wool & Natural Jute Rug
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 5:34PM
momx3
Well I love having coffee tables, but you can achieve the same purpose by using an ottoman with a tray on it. Find an ottoman in a pattern you like that goes with your sofa. I also think end tables come in handy for lamps and to set beverages on. I like matching end tables. If possible you could arrange the sofas in an "L" shape with an end table between the two sofas. You can get away with one end table and a coffee table if you do an "L" shape arrangement.
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 5:38PM
hillaryu
"on the fence" thank you! you know you do make sense with the coffee table.
"JudyG" you do make a good point. Now, if I changed couches, the wall with the windows is 3 small windows which face the outside/front of the house. So the couches would show. Would that be ok?
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 5:38PM
momx3
Now I see you have that step down to this room. Just like my living room. It makes it hard to arrange furniture. With a small room I like it to feel as open as possible. So I'd go with glass (clear plastic) end tables to give the room a bigger feel. And I'd still use an ottoman. An ottoman can act as extra seating too.
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 5:43PM
momx3
I think it's fine of the couch is seen through the windows.
1 Like   January 11, 2013 at 5:44PM
You could do something like this picture. Hang just two panels, pull the couch just a little away from the windows…just a couple of inches. From the pictures of your room, I would like to see the sofa straight on, instead of sideways, if you get my drift.

0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 5:47PM
Judith Taylor Designs
I you do as JudyG suggests then you can pull the rug towards the dining room thus revealing the centre detail you love. I think you will like that much better.
1 Like   January 11, 2013 at 5:49PM
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 5:50PM
Do I need 2 coffee tables??
I'm still working on my living room....and am wondering...
Melissa
Do I need 2 Coffee tables in my living room?
I have a glass square one ...nice but doesn't work...
cathyhumes
I need help purchasing coffee table, end table(s) and a small console
It is one large room - kitchen, dining area and living....
Jean Hanson
台山哪里有找小姐上门包夜按摩服务
台山小姐:139V6782V5308菲菲 台山叫小姐请致电:139V6782V5308菲菲【台山休闲会所小姐】台山酒店小姐139V6782V5308菲菲『台山小姐』『台山桑拿小姐』『台山洗浴中心小姐』139V6782V5308...
pxynmi18
Curtains
What color curtains would you use in this room I would...
Jessica Valind
Need ideas for updating fireplace area!
Please help give us a few ideas on updating around...
aeosbourn
I need help choosing art work for our new home.
We recently moved into an updated brick colonial (approx....
kgperk528
Reupholster or custom slipcover?
Closed on the new house yesterday, and already going...
Melynda