Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raan

What has been your experience with Scavolini and Boffi kitchens?

8 years ago

We're building a new house and are looking at both Scavolini and Boffi kitchens. What has been your experience with these brands, in terms of quality, delivery and service? Has anyone installed Scavolini's glass cabinets? Thanks!

Comments (9)

• 8 years ago

Scavolini adheres to
    the highest quality standards and has been awarded several
    certifications for quality, environmental awareness, and employee health
    and safety. Producing over 60,000 kitchens per year worldwide, options
    considered as upgrades for many brands are standard, such as: soft close
    drawers and doors, aluminum lined sink base cabinet, metal drawer boxes
    with galvanized metal runners, and melamine cabinet bodies providing
    non-porous surfaces. The tempered glass finish is particularly unique!
    Glass is tempered for durability and back painted so color will not chip
    or peel. Offered in both gloss and matte finish, the variety of color
    options available fit with any color scheme and provide a unique,
    elegant, and ethereal aesthetic. Also very easy to maintain and clean.
    The glass doors are available in several collections with or without
    handles.

I am a
    designer for Scavolini Store Detroit, so to Stores in the US lead time
    for delivery is approximately 16 weeks. Everything is custom created per
    clients specifications and imported from Italy. We gladly invite you to
    take a closer look at the tempered glass finish at a Scavolini Store in
    your area! Hope this info helps!

• 3 years ago

It took us a long time to decide which kitchen to select and then decided to go with Scavolini design. Th experience has been very poor. The initial installation was scheduled for September 2020 but due to the pandemic it was delayed. Then the dealer - Modena advised us that a partial shipment arrived and the cabinet doors somehow went missing. This went on for months until I insisted that they install part of the kitchen and wait until the cabinet doors arrive. The installation started end of November 2020. On December 15th I wrote directly to Scavolini trying to understand the delays since I wasn’t able to get a clear response from the dealer. Just before the Christmas holidays the dealer contacted me to say that all the parts have arrived. A date was scheduled to complete installation for January 5th. During the installation we noticed that the wrong cabinet doors were shipped, the sliding panel at the end of the island was too short, the nook panel missing bracket and some panels damaged. We are still waiting for these replacement parts which the dealer had advised to be in April. In the meantime, the installation of the cabinets are not properly aligned and some of the panels are cut too short. I have insisted that they come back to fix these issues and they wont’t until April 2021. They have left uninstalled parts all over our main floor and we are unable to complete the painting until the top overhead panels are installed. In the meantime, I have sent several emails and massages to Scavolini and waiting to hear back. This experiencing has been very aggravating along with the worse customer service you can imagine. We paid a high price to get our dream kitchen but it has been nothing but painfully. I am hoping to get this resolved or we will need to have the kitchen removed and request a refund.

• PRO
    2 years ago

OMG what a horrible experience. Ask the dealer for the list of items he requested from the factory, with the date of ordering. That way you can see if the dealer ordered the wrong stuff or the factory sent the wrong stuff. They should have had you approve the whole order before signing. Contact them on Facebook/ twitter/ Inst for public exposure. Knowing Scav I suspect the fault is with the dealer who may not have ordered all the right bits. You can try to contest it with your credit card too. Ask Scav to airship you the missing parts and point them to your Houzz post. Good luck!

• 4 months ago

Scavolini Soho has the worst salespeople and customer service. It’s taken 6 months to order additional products, only to be continually ghosted. It’s been a very painful process.

• PRO
    4 months ago

I would suggest not ordering an Italian or German or whatever kitchen through US branches of Italian kitchen manufacturers but directly from Italy or Germany etc. Better design and accountability and way less for the kitchen even with shipping costs. The multiplier for US sales is insane. They can be installed by any contractor.

• PRO
    4 months ago

I am sorry for your experience and frustration. That is not Ok! Email scav in Italy and make some noise - and point them to all these complaints.

• 3 months ago

By far worst experience with Scavolini , should have stayed local, design mistakes, missed timelines on product shipping, missing parts and installation issues. No accountability from anyone be it direct vendor or dealer vendors. Not every cabinet installer can install these cabinets. They shouldn't sell the product if they can't install it. My trim carpenter had to spend over 12 hours to fix the designed flawed soffit panel to make it look good. Next time, Will travel to Chicago and try out Marfa cabinets-European design. Will never recommend this product if you are way out of the way from dealer network.

• 2 months ago

Adding to woes with Scavolini, recieved a shipment for kitchen cabinet doors and pullouts, Hired a installer, found out they sent me wrong hardware in addition to missing parts for soft closing pullouts and with no mounting plate for hinge hardware for Doors. QC stinks or else how would they send without testing. These sales and designer people are useless. This whole Scavolini project is a nightmare.