Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bevansmiller

Tile shower gone wrong

Barbara Evans
8 years ago
See the missing tile in the tub? Busted out to fix a leak. While looking for replacement, I found our tile SHOWER floor was failing a complete teardown of shower now needed. So....clearly I like white but these are 12 year old Daltile Arctic and I'm told will never match up with any new tile.

Blue tape marks new shower niches and a frameless glass door are only decisions I can easily make. Can you help? What color for nre shower tile? Light grey subway? tile to ceiling? Start new tile at end of tub? I would love your ideas...

Comments (7)

• Elle
    8 years ago

That's too bad about the tile. I'm not quite sure what you mean by starting new tile at the end of the tub. Were you intending to replace or keep your current floor tile?

• Barbara Evans
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I need to replace the shower walls and the shower floor because the shower floor has failed and ceiling below shows evidence of moisture. The large 12" floor tiles can stay and the garden tub tiles can stay (I can replace the one missing).

I would love advice on what to replace shower wall tile and shower floor tile with. Hope that clarifies.
  • Elle
    8 years ago

I would suggest putting the glass mosaic tile in the shower niches as well.

• snicole1
    8 years ago
    I would make the shower double in size,all the way to tub .
  • Barbara Evans
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I would love that except there is actually a floor vent there that you can't see in picture.
  • snicole1
    8 years ago
    Could you not move the vent?